No charging the tip at hairsalon?

My hairstylist (she is also owner) found a simply way around this. she offers a 10-15% discount if you pay by cash.

absolutely amazing how many people who swore they never carry cash started carrying cash when it meant money in their pocket. funny how the small business is suppose to eat the fee to make it "convenient" for the customer but when the customer saves a buck convenience goes out the window. :rotfl2:

She says the money she is saving on credit card fees more than makes up for the discount.

she has not had 1 complaint nor loss 1 customer. In fact the barber shop next to her salon (in a strip mall) is giving it a try starting may.

I guess I just don't understand the big deal :confused3 I understand being caught off guard and not having cash to tip thye first time you go after they changed the policy but after that I don't get the problem. You know you are going to get your hair done so bring cash for the tip. I would never stop going to a place I liked because of that. My last place stopped accepting checks but they took one from me because it was my first appointment since they started the new policy. I just brought cash/credit card from then on. Of course, I stopped going there when my highlights/color and cut cost $225 and I had to have my husband bring me money for a tip..lol!! Too rich for my blood!

My hairstylist (she is also owner) found a simply way around this. she offers a 10-15% discount if you pay by cash.

absolutely amazing how many people who swore they never carry cash started carrying cash when it meant money in their pocket. funny how the small business is suppose to eat the fee to make it "convenient" for the customer but when the customer saves a buck convenience goes out the window. :rotfl2:

She says the money she is saving on credit card fees more than makes up for the discount.

she has not had 1 complaint nor loss 1 customer. In fact the barber shop next to her salon (in a strip mall) is giving it a try starting may.

I wish my salons would do that! I would bring cash to save a few bucks for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter