No CC or Debt card

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Ballard67, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Ballard67

Ballard67 Dreaming of WDW

I want to vist the world with out any card, what must i do??, reserving the room can i just use my DS card and then pay it off when i get there??

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. n3rf

n3rf My Ears are growing, can you see them

4. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

If you book room only, you will need to pay a deposit equal to 1 night's room rate + tax, with the balance due at check in (payable with a cc, cash, gift cards, etc). If you book a package, the required deposit is $200, with the balance due 45 days prior to arrival. Both types of reservations can be paid with any cc (does not have to be yours) or gift cards.

5. OrangeCountyCommuter

OrangeCountyCommuter DIS Veteran

Go to the grocery and buy a prepaid Visa. Use that.

6. iheartjuppy

iheartjuppy Mouseketeer

Won't they require a CC of some sort (or debit card) at check-in for incidentals and "security hold" (i.e. if you raided the minibar or took off with the robes)?

7. Kristibo42

Kristibo42 DIS Veteran

You can send a check. We have had family that have paid deposit and final balance with check. They don't ask for a card at check in only if you want to charge to your room. You can but money (cash) on your room key. They don't like to do it but it can be done.

8. spiceycat

spiceycat <font color=blue>Own at BWV, VWL and BLT<br><font

go to target and get Disney gift cards - would never use a prepay Visa card - those fees are just silly.

9. msjprincess

msjprincess DIS Veteran

Like others have said it depends whether you book a room only or package. If you book a room only, you only have to pay for one night upfront. The balance is due at check in.

No you don't have to leave a card. There are no mini bars. Only Club Level has robes.

10. lsenquiz

lsenquiz DIS Veteran

You can use cash, Gift Card, Credit Card or Debit Card to put down at check in for incidentals if you want but do not have to. If you use a Debit or Credit card Disney will not put any charges through to the card until your incidentals reach a certain level($500 for Value, $1000 for Moderate and $1500 for Deluxe.) or until the night before you check out. They do not even hold anything against the card until you reach these levels.

We always use our debit card for incidentals at check in and I keep a very low balance in that account because we have had fraud before(usually less than $100.) We always stay deluxe but it is never an issue that I am using a card with a $100 limit. We always pay with gift cards so I just run by the desk every couple of days to pay off my balance using the gift card(making sure I never let it get to $1500 since we are staying deluxe without paying it down) and then I make sure I pay whatever is outstanding on our last night.

11. nkereina

nkereina Last chance to lose your keys.

No. Disney, for some reason, is different than other hotels and don't require a credit card at check-in for incidentals. The only time you'd have to put a card down at Disney is if you want to charge purchases to your room. We never do that, and have never had to put a card down.

The benefit to buying a Visa gift card is that if you don't use the full amount for whatever reason, you can use them at home. And any place Visa is accepted.

Another option is AAA sells reloadable Visa cards that acts as a debit card. For $5, you buy the card and can load as much as you want on there as often as you want. When I worked at AAA, I saw a lot of people do this for their kids who were going on vacation with friends, people who wanted to teach teens responsible credit, or people who wanted the option to add more money to the card in case of emergency if they were traveling. The difference with the Visa gift card is it's one time load, so you can't add money to it.

12. spiceycat

spiceycat <font color=blue>Own at BWV, VWL and BLT<br><font

do not know this and have had AAA since the 80's. thanks.

13. iheartjuppy

iheartjuppy Mouseketeer

That's so interesting - I just assumed they swiped at check-in. I am usually so excited I am only half paying attention at that point LOL! Thank you for the clarification!

14. seadd67

seadd67 DIS Veteran

Sorry I have been working the last couple of days, thanks for all the feed back, thanks for the idea with pre pay visa. I am going to get one next week. I am not doing the package so that Is not going to be a issue. I am getting my park and MNSSHP tickets separately. Food and spending money i will just use travlers checks. For my golf reservation, thats going to be a little tricker