No cabins available!--Waitlist success on "soldout" cruise?...UPDATE

goofy4wdw59

Long Time Disney Fan
We wanted to add a couple of family members to our November cruise--just waiting until they were sure they could go. I checked a couple of weeks? ago and there were staterooms available.
Today, I called Disneycruise and was told that 2 adults couldn't be added to our ressies (connecting 10's), and no other cabins/cats were available for them. I guess the ship isn't closed yet, as I asked if I should keep calling back and she said yes...
I'm wondering if I should call back and "waitlist"?...
Has anyone had success with getting family members added on a "sold out" cruise?
Thanks!

Have you checked out the TAs? They may still have rooms in their stock that are available. They may not show up for DCL if a TA has them to sell.

lbgraves said:
Have you checked out the TAs? They may still have rooms in their stock that are available. They may not show up for DCL if a TA has them to sell.

I thought even TAs that hold a group of cabins have to release the unbooked ones back to DCL four months before the sail date?

Scotch said:
I thought even TAs that hold a group of cabins have to release the unbooked ones back to DCL four months before the sail date?
Correct. And at this point a cruise in Nov is 30-60 days out, well past the full payment due date. I doubt any TA is holding unsold space at this time.

It doesn't hurt to waitlist with DCL, but I would still recommend calling on a regular basis (they don't always call back folks on a waitlist).

Thanks for the replies. I had checked travelocity, expedia, orbitz & called a couple of TAs...nothing was available. One TA told me to keep calling DisneyCruise as that would be the only way to get availability.
I called DisneyCruise this morning and no luck. I asked the CM if I should go on a waitlist and she said it would be best to keep calling back in the mornings--after any cancellations are updated.
I will do this until the cruise is "closed"...might be able to get something!

goofy4wdw59 said:
Thanks for the replies. I had checked travelocity, expedia, orbitz & called a couple of TAs...nothing was available. One TA told me to keep calling DisneyCruise as that would be the only way to get availability.
I called DisneyCruise this morning and no luck. I asked the CM if I should go on a waitlist and she said it would be best to keep calling back in the mornings--after any cancellations are updated.
I will do this until the cruise is "closed"...might be able to get something!
Just out of curiousity, what date are you looking at in November? I didn't see any which looked full when I did a quick check.

The cruise date is 11/12/05, 7-day eastern. When I was checking around yesterday, there was availability showing for the 11/26 cruise--only one for November.

I just went into DCL's website - showing several categories available 11/12:

11/12/2005 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise Category 04 : Deluxe Family Stateroom w/ Verandah $ 4,432.26

11/12/2005 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise Category 05 : Deluxe Stateroom w/ Verandah $ 3,752.26

11/12/2005 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise Category 06 : Deluxe Stateroom w/ Verandah $ 3,552.26

11/12/2005 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise Category 07 : Deluxe Stateroom w/ Navigators Verandah $ 3,352.26

11/12/2005 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise Category 08 : Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom $ 3,052.26

11/12/2005 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise Category 09 : Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom $ 2,752.26

11/12/2005 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise Category 10 : Deluxe Inside Stateroom $ 2,552.26

11/12/2005 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise Category 11 : Standard Inside Stateroom $ 2,432.26

11/12/2005 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise Category 12 : Standard Inside Stateroom $ 2,412.26

That's what I was thinking too....looked this morning and they seemed to have availability for all the November sail dates.

WOW...Thanks for posting! I swear there was nothing yesterday or when I called this morning. I will call Disneycruise now... :)

I tried with 2 adults & 2 kids (we may have had another family joining us on the same cruise) and there was no availability on 11/12. Nopt sure why 2 adults wasn't working though.

Come join us on our Cruise Meets thread. Wacky group, but it should be fun anyway!!

:) Hooray!!
Just got off the phone with DisneyCruise and they DID have staterooms available. We couldn't add to our stateroom but MIL & SIL now have their own stateroom (which is probably better anyway).
I asked the nice CM why there is availability now and not yesterday & this morning--she said with updates/cancellations, it always changes. They'll keep selling until they "close" it I guess!

Choc-marg, you may have luck if you call now. I'll check /read the thread. Can't wait for the cruise!

please do join us on our cruise thread-it's a very nice group!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!