No cabin assignment yet at 52 days out...normal?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Dr. M, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Dr. M

Dr. M DIS Veteran

Hi! Cruise newbie here! We booked 2 GTY staterooms category 7A. We were hoping to be assigned rooms that were close or even connecting, but my TA said that 7A rooms do not connect, and the best we can hope for is to be on the same deck. Its only a 3 day cruise, so I think we will be alright being separated. I hear we may not spend that much time in our rooms anyway.

My question is, when do they typically assign rooms? I have seen airlines overbook and ask people to volunteer to reschedule their flight....this shouldn't be the case with cruises...right?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

The "regular" GTY rooms (like yours, where you have selected a specific category), generally are assigned about 30-45 days out from our experience. Sometimes they show up as far out as 60 days.

That said, a GTY room can be assigned at any time between the day you booked your cruise and embarkation day.

4. tweis

tweis DIS Veteran

Mine, and alot of other cruisers, was assigned at 51 days out. Here is the link to the thread that everyone has been posting their assignments on. :)

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3056486

5. su_A_ve

su_A_ve DIS Veteran

You may very well be on different decks altogether. It all depends on availability and demand.

If they decide on putting out *GT rates, you could be put on hold a little longer in fact.

6. Dr. M

Dr. M DIS Veteran

Thank you! I checked today at 50 days out and we were assigned category 5d connecting rooms! (we booked 7A GTY) Talk about pixie dust!!!:goodvibes:thumbsup2 Very excited!

7. tweis

tweis DIS Veteran

Congrats! :thumbsup2 That's a great assignment.pixiedust: