No Buy February 2010

Where'sPiglet?

DIS Veteran
Welcome to No Buy!

Please feel free to join in, regardless of if you've joined us in the past or not.

The point of this thread is to keep track of your discretionary spending on each day of the month. The goal is to have as many $0 days as possible.

The beauty of this challenge is that each person gets to set their own spending goals and choose how they would like to post their results. Most people choose to post their spending for each day on a daily basis, as well as keep a running total of the monthly spending. Some people break it into categories, while other people do not. You can also list exceptions to your spending, such as gift purchases or vacations. It is entirely up to you!

Good luck to everyone!

I have never done one of these before, but I am going to try.

Monthly budget (not including bills)

Gas (both of us) $200
Groceries $200
Entertainment (this includes eating out, movies, bowling, etc) $100 (it will probably be less than this)
Misc (RXs, nails, etc) &70

Valentine's Day gift $:confused3 I have no idea what I am getting my husband so I can't even set a budget. I THINK I am going to get him p90x so about $120 for that.

Now do I post each day of the month? Or can I do this?

Feb1
Feb2
Feb3
Feb4
Feb5
Feb6

and do this each week and just edit it each day?

I'm in, I really felt like I did well in January so I want to stay on top of February!

2/1
2/2
2/3
2/4
2/5
2/6
2/7 My birthday :bday:

Just post on the other one. I looked for one before I started this one but didn't see it. :confused3

Maybe the mods can just poof this one.

It's okay hoffman started the other one. I totally crashed and burned for January and I'm debating even doing this for February.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!