No boys allowed! The birthday girl and Mom take on Disney

Figures your tickets would't work :( Were you able to get the tickets fixed at GR. It said you had to go to the resort, but I'm guessing that Epcot was able to fix it so go them!! How horrible would that be to have to bus allll the way back to the resort to have the tickets fixed :(

Can't wait for more!

I can't wait for the surprise! How cute that your daughter fell asleep during dinner - sometimes those first days are so long esp if you have to get up at the crack of dawn to arrive. We always try to hit a park no matter how little sleep we got and we look like zombies on the bus ride back to the resort :rotfl2: Sounds like you are having fun already!

I'm here!! I am glad I get a bit of your TR in before I leave on Wednesday!! Looks great so far! Glad the surprise worked out for you! Yay!!!

Riley sleeping at LeCellier is so funny! I guess all the travel finally caught up to her! I'm hoping for one more installment before I leave on Thursday.;)

I bet you were relieved that your KTTW card worked for dinner!

I was even more relieved once I realized if my card didn't work, I had no other way to pay as I had left my credit card and extra cash in the safe in our room!

Enjoying your report so far!!!!

Thank you

Figures your tickets would't work :( Were you able to get the tickets fixed at GR.

I actually just swung by the desk at AKL and told them the ticket portion didn't work, and they reprinted my card. I had no problems with anything after that

We always try to hit a park no matter how little sleep we got and we look like zombies on the bus ride back to the resort :rotfl2:

There were quite a few nights that Riley put her head in my lap and snoozed all the way back to AKL!

I am glad I get a bit of your TR in before I leave on Wednesday!! Looks great so far! Glad the surprise worked out for you! Yay!!!

I can't wait to hear all about your trip!

I'm hoping for one more installment before I leave on Thursday.;)

Your wish is granted!!

For anyone who doesn't want to wait, I have a generic, less-information type trip report in our family blog. My family just wants to see pictures of Riley and not of food and rides and they don't care about crowds etc, so it's pretty basic.

Anyhow, if anyone wants to read that quick version while I keep up with this longer one, the web address is http://ourfabulousfour.blogspot.com/2009/11/no-boys-allowed.html

Let's see, we had just left Le Cellier, where my daughter slept through dinner :)

On the bus, she put her head in my lap and dozed all the way back to AKL. Once back, we went to the front desk and had my KTTW card reprinted since my ticket didn't work, the headed to our room, where Riley ran to the balcony to see all the giraffes outside
ry%3D400

Of course, that meant that she missed this little thing sitting on the table in our room.....our basket from memoriesbybetsy.com
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We ordered a gift basket containing a singing Minnie mouse, beach towel, activity book, Animal Kingdom Lodge tshirt and Birthday Mickey ears, which Betsy had embroidered with Riley's name. Riley was thrilled that "Mickey" sent her a basket.

I decided to unpack, while Riley spent her time on the balcony watching these
ry%3D400

If I ever had any reservations about not staying at AKL, I can say that this first day and watching my daughter's eyes light up when she could hear the giraffes eating made every single penny we spent on the upgrade well worth it.

While I was unpacking, bell services delivered the groceries I had ordered from a delivery service. We ordered bottled water, milk, OJ, muffins, donuts, juice boxes, Quaker oatmeal to go breakfast cookies, poptarts, mini muffin packages, apple slices and bananas. That was so much easier than trying to go to take time out to walk around the store and shop.

We laid down to "rest" and Riley fell asleep pretty quickly. I honestly thougth we'd be done for the night, but Riley woke up around 9:30 deciding she was hungry. We walked down to the food court to grab a late dinner. (reivew in the dining thread) We took them back upstairs to our room to eat while watching Disney Channel (ahhhh, cable, we don't have it at home! So deprived!) and then fell asleep pretty soon after.

Tomorrow, our first full day. Disney Hollywood Studios. Riley makes a friend, has a meltdown, and makes Mommy go upside down. Time after time after time

What a great view!! I will be looking at that same thing very soon!! I can't wait to hear more...and then I'll have some catching up to do when I get back!

Wow! The view is amazing and the basket is soooooo cute! I thought about doing something like a basket for St. Nick's Day on our trip but with three girls, it would get kinda pricey! LOL! So it's stocking stuffers and candy for them!

I can't wait to read more. I should take advantage of a girls only trip with my younger daughter while she still thinks it's okay to be with me in public :lmao: my teenager can't be parted from her phone long enough to appreciate it......

Great start so far!

How much fun to have a mother and daughter trip - AND to surprise her with the resort upgrade!! Awesome!!

Can't wait to read more!

What a great view!! I will be looking at that same thing very soon!!

You are going to love it. I had to drag Riley off the balcony to go to the parks!

I thought about doing something like a basket for St. Nick's Day on our trip but with three girls, it would get kinda pricey! !

Yeah, you notice I did the basket because I only had one kid with me. I couldn't imagine ordering them for all four!

I can't wait to read more. I should take advantage of a girls only trip with my younger daughter while she still thinks it's okay to be with me in public :lmao: my teenager can't be parted from her phone long enough to appreciate it......

I have 2 teens. Sometimes I have to put my face in front of their phones to get their attention. Ah, the joys of texting.

Great start so far!

How much fun to have a mother and daughter trip - AND to surprise her with the resort upgrade!! Awesome!!!

She really had no clue we weren't staying at CBR. I can't tell you how many times I almost blew it!

November 13th

Friday, the 13th :)

I didn't set an alarm or have a wake up call for this morning, but we were both up and awake at 7am. Happy vacation! Since we were up early, we decided to go ahead and make it for rope drop/park opening. After eating breakfast in our room (donuts and milk for Riley, coffee and muffins for me) we dressed and headed out. I was all set to drive, but my daughter wanted to ride the bus again. I should have just made arrangements to return the rental car right then!

It was chilly this morning. Where's our Florida weather? Oh yeah, this is OUR Florida weather. Last October when we went to Disney they set record lows 3 days in a row. I'm thinking we bring the cold weather with us! It was so chilly outside the windows were fogged!

ry%3D400

DHS all ready for Christmas
ry%3D400

Today Riley had one goal. Making me ride RNR. Now, I love roller coasters. The higher, the faster, the better. However, I hate going upside down. I always end up with a headache. I loaded up on Tylenol before we left.

When we arrived at DHS, we were the 3rd and 4th people in our turnstile. Now, this made things interesting, as when they let us through, we got to the rope and were first in line. Right in front of the Toy Story Mania guy. I start negotiating with Riley.

"Since we're right here, let's go ride TSM first. You know how long the line gets and it sometimes runs out of fastpasses. If we do it first and get fastpasses, we could probably ride it twice."

She's not buying it. Until I promise 2 rides on RNR. Then she bites.

What did I get myself in to?? But the rope drops, and we're soon speedwalking back to Toy Story Mania

Okay, whoever named it Mania was correct. It's a madhouse dash to get back and ride it. It's a fun ride but, to me, I don't think it's worth the 90 minute waits you usually see. Thank goodness for fastpass! However, thanks to our early arrival and some quick walking, we were number 19 & 20 to ride it this day.

Since we NEVER ride this standby, we've never seen Mr Potato Head before. Unfortunately, they had us speedwalking so quickly to get on the ride, we only got a brief glimpse and a couple of seconds to listen
ry%3D400

Load in, take off and almost half of our screens didn't work, but that's okay, because they pulled us off at the end and let us ride again! We had quite the competition shooting playing the 3D carnival games on the ride, but I beat her both times.
I may or may not have been rubbing in the fact that I tripled her score here.
ry%3D400

We grabbed fastpasses for later, then headed back up front to torture me for awhile. Time to keep my promise for RNR
ry%3D400

Thankfully it was only a 5 minute wait. Of course, they see Riley's birthday button, and put us in the front row. Oy. Thanks. I actually liked it, and I didn't end up with a headache! I bought the picture. I'll have to scan it and post it

A little more negotiation took place. Riley is a thrill ride girl. However, she hates scary things, Halloween etc. She was starting to refuse to ride Tower of Terror.....my all time most favorite Disney ride. This was not going to fly with me at all. She LOVED it last year, and rode it at least 15 times. I told her since I had to ride RNR, she owed me one trip on ToT for every ride on RNR. She finally relented, and of course, she loves it (the drops, not the theming)
ry%3D400

Again, we bought the picture. Her eyes are shut.

Can I just stop and say how much our family loves DHS. It gets such a bad rap on the disboards, but we spend tons of time here on every trip. We love the thrill rides, the older boys love the Indiana Jones and Lights Motors Shows, DH is a huge Muppets fan and Riley loves to draw. I knew before I even asked where our next stop would be. Animation Studios to watch the movie about how Mushu became a character, then off to play the animation games.
ry%3D400

We took the drawing class and tried our hand at drawing Piglet. Once outside we ran into the characters from the movie UP, which was appropriate as we had watched it on the plane trip to MCO.
ry%3D400

The character handler here was great. He made lots of small talk with people in line, and held out his pins for Riley. I had bought her 4 pins to go on her autograph book bag I had made for her, and she had never pin traded. She compared pins, he realized she was new, and explained the whole pin trading process to her. She ended up trading a Mickey pin for a Mickey and Minnie in front of the castle. After that, she was totally hooked on pin trading!

We headed towards Starring Rolls for lunch. I'm keeping my dining reviews in a separate thread, but I have to post this picture. The cupcakes are gigantic!
ry%3D400

We made our way back to the great movie ride.
ry%3D400

Every trip we take, I end up with a picture of my feet. It's a running joke in my family (and at work) Hey, I don't get pre-vacation pedicures for nothing!
ry%3D400

We kept working our way towards the rear of the park, and came across this
ry%3D400

We had to send Daddy a text from here. It's his favorite

Then this is a picture for Daddy, who works for PepsiCo
ry%3D400

Next up was a first time ride for us, Backlot Tour. We didn't get much of a view of the truck on fire, but we did have a great view of the Lights Motors cars getting ready to go
ry%3D400

We did a quick walk through the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground
ry%3D400

and then Riley decided to spend some of her spending money from her grandparents on something she's always wanted to do, and we've always said no, but since it's her trip and her money, I wasn't about to say no this time
ry%3D400

Most teenage girls I know are like that. They don't like spending time with their moms. I'm 16 and I love hanging out with my mom!

and then Riley decided to spend some of her spending money from her grandparents on something she's always wanted to do, and we've always said no, but since it's her trip and her money, I wasn't about to say no this time
ry%3D400

I've never had any desire to get my face painted. I had it done once a fair when I was little and I hated it! I hate the feeling of dried paint on my skin :scared:

Love the update! And love the face painting...my boys used to do that when we'd take them to the Halloween Scare Fest.

Oh yea! I did get to see one more update before we leave! Woo hoo! and it was a good one too! I'm glad you didn't get a headache on RnRC and thrilled that she let you take her ont ToT!

Cute face painting!

What fun you both are having! DHS is my fav park too! I got a horrible neckache when I rode RnR and never went back on - maybe next trip :confused3 ToT is my fav ride at DHS. I'm glad Riley decided to go on it with you :woohoo: How cute was that face painting - she is absolutely adorable!

Chelly, I am loving your TR!! Your DD looks so much like you, it is uncanny. What a wonderful surprise for her to upgrade to AKL and the gift basket!! Her face is priceless.

My own trip with just my DD and I is just a week and change away and I am starting to get nervous. My DD is six, not seven until February, but she has been to DW twice before. Do you have any tips or advice you can share with us?

I look forward to reading some more of your TR before we head out next week.

Suz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter