No Bake Candy Bar Cake

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by mindyd, May 17, 2010.

1. mindyd

mindyd DIS Veteran

Hi,

My friend is having a 30th birthday party and has mentioned a few times about the candy bar cakes. I was going to make it with all his favorite candies. I found some online but didn't want to spend that amount of money. Does anyone have directions on how to make it or any advice.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Shleedogg

Shleedogg DIS Veteran

My only suggestion if you want to go the no-bake option would be to buy a ready made store bought cake and decorate it w/ candy bars. My other thought would be to buy the Philly cheesecake filling in the refrigerated section and mix candy bar pieces throughout and let set.

Why no bake though? Baking really isn't that hard or that time consuming. Honestly, you'll probably spend more time researching an "easy" method than it would take to just get out your cookbook and make a cake. Good luck, hope you find something that works!

4. mindyd

mindyd DIS Veteran

Thank you, We are also having a Cake but this is where there is wrapped candy like hershey bars and other candies that you build to make look like a cake.

5. reagan75

reagan75 Mouseketeer

Can you do a mini version?

6. mindyd

mindyd DIS Veteran

That is what I am hoping, I just can't find the directions that I had to do it.

7. DisneyNut4Life

DisneyNut4Life Mouseketeer

http://www.wrapcandy.com/candy_cake.php

Google has several different instructions listed, above is one, maybe you can adjust it to fit what you are looking for, but it gives you a starting point. Hope it helps.

8. mousefanmichelle

mousefanmichelle DIS Veteran

I have a receipe that calls for ice cream sandwiches, cool whip, and heath bars - that is very yummy.

Layer ice cream sandwiches on bottom of 13x9
    spread cool whip over the top
    crush up heath bars and sprinkle
    Repeat
    On top layer drizzle choc. sauce over heath bars - freeze and wha-la!
    Very simple, very summer and very yummy!!

9. MomToOne

MomToOne DIS Veteran

10. MANDY48449

MANDY48449 Earning My Ears

I would make up a cheesecake and add strawberries into it top with cool whip and cover with sliced strawberries on top and drizzle with chocolate

11. mindyd

mindyd DIS Veteran

Thank You, this is what I am going to make but am going to make it multilayer. I was just trying to figure out how to actually put it together or if anyone else has made them and had advice. I think I am going to do the styrofoam disks and then use a round one at the top with lolipops.

12. ntink

ntink DIS Veteran

Food Network Magazine June 2010 has an awesome one with twinkies, snowballs, ho hos etc. I could not find a picture to post here though.

13. buffalogirl

buffalogirl <font color=deeppink>Ohh do I get to be first?<br>

14. Shleedogg

Shleedogg DIS Veteran

Sorry! I've never seen one of those before. That is so cool!! Please post finished pics and instructions if you get a chance :)

15. Ar1el

Ar1el DIS Veteran

16. Traveliz

Traveliz DIS Veteran

I got one of the Disney ones as a gift for my Birthday one year and it was awesome. The cake was set on a silver charger type plate and there was no styrofoam at all-- it was all candy. The inside of the "cake" was filled with more candy and snacks. Good luck!

Liz