Nine Dragons?

JPGonzales

Mouseketeer
We are pretty picky about our Chinese, but we are concidering trying. What does everyone think? A good TS choice? We've tried most everything except this and Mexico.

I know I'm in the minority on these boards, but I love Nine Dragons. I think the Honey Sesame Chicken is one of the tastiest dishes around.

I think it's a level above your neighborhood Chinese take out, and the dining room is usually fairly empty and very relaxing.

Definently! The restaurant recently had a decor upgrade, so you dine in beautiful surroundings. Also, I mentioned how fabulous the honey sesame chicken is in a previous thread... it is worth mentioning again! :thumbsup2 The menu has individual entree choices, or you can get a 2 person meal to share (which includes app, entree, and dessert) which is almost enough for 3 adults! I also love the hot and sour soup... give this restaurant a try - it's a step up from the Chinese food you can get at home!

We are pretty picky about our Chinese, but we are concidering trying. What does everyone think? A good TS choice? We've tried most everything except this and Mexico.

Do you insist on edible?

If so, I would skip. Seriously mine was not good American Chinese or good "authentic". It was just bad. (And this was after the upgrade... I think they kept the same chef... it's pretty, but the food YUCK!)

We did not like the food there at all! The Chinese food we have locally for take out is better. IMO it was below average food that was overpriced.

I'm picky about my chinese food.. and at 9 dragons, I always clear my plate.. the sweet and sour chicken is SO yummy!!!!! Deserts leave much to be desired though...

If you click on my June link you will find my review and tons of pics..the food was terrible, the service was excellent and DH was sick all night long...no way would we go back.

I thought it would be similar to Pei Wei's or PF Changs...it wasnt....

Do you insist on edible?

:rotfl: ::yes::

If you click on my June link you will find my review and tons of pics..the food was terrible, the service was excellent and DH was sick all night long...no way would we go back.

I thought it would be similar to Pei Wei's or PF Changs...it wasnt....

I was hoping you would weigh in on this! Your review is what convinced me to never try going back!

Depends on what you mean by picky.

My dd and I love chinese, most asian at least. That said my pickiness generally surrounds how the meat is prepared. I had the food-court type of chinese, where the meats seem like they're made out of plastic. I can no longer say I stay away from the mall-type of chinese, as our local mall has a decent chinese restaurant.

One thing I've found common among most chinese restaurants is that even though they may have some outstanding dishes, they rarely have a totally wonderful array of meals.

That said, we're HUGE Pei Wei lovers (PF CHang's casual restaurant). Personally, I found some (not all) of the dishes at Yak & Yeti to be of that quality - a step above the norm. Nine Dragons, I agree with MickeyNicki, was not. However, it can still be pretty good. Judging from her review, don't go if you want fried rice. (I don't get fried rice as an entree anywhere. It's like eating a McD's burger at LeCellier. Personally I wouldn't order LoMein anywhere either.) Really, you can get those at the worst food-court places and it will be just as good and will cost about a third.

What was good at Nine Dragons was the Honey Sesame Chicken. My dd12 has had that at a million restaurants, including PeiWei, and she still talks about Nine Dragons. (ok, she actually likes it at Y&Y CS, so she's not picky. However, I tried it, and it WAS memorable.) It clearly was freshly made with good meat in it. I had the 5 flavor fish. I had no idea what I was getting into, but it was really good. Different, but good. The fish was ok, the sauce was something I'd never had before, but would get again. I liked it because it wasn't another mongolian beef or kung pao or moo shi or pork and black beans.

Like I said, it depends on how you define that you're picky about chinese food. Me, I'm picky about the quality of the ingredients more so than the flavor or the go-to entree that must be exactly as my favorite restaurant prepares it. For that, it's ok. But I'd stay away from standard fare and look to experiment a bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter