Nine Dragons or Tutto Italia?

MADnNOLA

DIS Veteran
Opinions needed!

I have an 8pm reservation at Nine Dragons the evening of my arrival day in April. I will be spending the early afternoon/evening enjoying CSR then off to Epcot for dinner.

While I LOVE Chinese cuisine, I am wondering if I should make the switch to Tutto Italia. I have never eaten at either restaurant.

Living in New Orleans, I am privy to some great food, so good Italian is readily available, but not so much for Chinese. I keep reading that ND is a standard fare Chinese, although I love the menu item. I don't plan on having the usual (Honey Chicken or SS Pork). I would be more adventurous and go for an entree as the Five-Spiced Fish.

But on the other hand, Tutto would be something I would also Love! I have read some great reviews of this place! :cheer2:

I am on the DP for this meal!

Thoughts?

Thanks!

I have been to both. I would pick Nine Dragons. Tutto was good, but it was Italian. Nine Dragons was great, better Chinese than 90% of the Chinese I have ever been too. My whole family enjoyed our meal. We did think the dessert was a bit meh, but it was on the DDP. We just asked for a hot chocolate to go. WE have a snack later on for our sweet!

Hope you have a great trip!

Of my party of four I was the only one who really enjoyed Nine Dragons. Dh was on the fence, dd didn't like it very much and ds HATED it. Now in the interest of fairness, 24 hours later his appendix ruptured and we spent 2.5 weeks in the hospital (Nine Dragons was the last meal of the trip) so I am positive he was feeling the effects of getting ill and wouldn't have liked anything that day. However, I thought the food was good, and it was practically empty so nice and quiet. Our server was lovely and I would go back.

Tutto however is much better in my opinion. Obviously you can't really compare the two but we all enjoy it and have been back several times.

I would recommend Tutto only for the consistently good experiences we have had.

In the end you really have to decide which one is pulling you in more. Neither one stands miles above the other. Maybe do both;)

Tutto by a mile. It's completely renovated and delicious! Nine Dragons gets consistently bad reviews - about the worst I've seen (toss up with Marrakesh). It's not genuine Chinese and just not good, IMO.

NO Brainer...Not even close....Tutto in a landslide.....This is one of the best restaurants that WDW has on property in my opinion..

From the Food, to the decor, & service & atmosphere..:thumbsup2

I won't give you a direct answer...

but here's a helpful list:

worst food at WDW:
Nine Dragons
Tony's
MGM Quickserve
Planet Hollywood

hope that helps:thumbsup2

We had a WONDERFUL dinner at Nine Dragons, again, a couple weeks ago but have never liked our dinners at Tutto so much.
Hope you have a great time!

:goodvibes

We enjoy the food at Nine Dragons. I have never had a bad meal there.

We have had delicious meals and great service at both several times. I don't understand the bad reviews about ND. Our food has always been hot fresh and wonderful. It is much better than the standard take out place but that might be what some don't like. Tutto is one of our favs too. The new menu is terrific. If I had to choose based on your post I would keep ND since you have good Italian near you and you would be more adventurous and get an authentic dish there.

Lol I agree with your list (bolded)!!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2
I won't give you a direct answer...

but here's a helpful list:

worst food at WDW:
Nine Dragons
Tony's
MGM Quickserve

Planet Hollywood

hope that helps:thumbsup2

I would pick Tutto Italia. Their food is soooooooo good! :goodvibes The best pasta i've had in a long time! Take a look at the pictures in my signature.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!