Nikon D5000

Discussion in 'Photography Board' started by jtheodore, Nov 19, 2012.

1. jtheodore

jtheodore Earning My Ears

Anyone shoot with a D5000? What do you think of it?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Ljbadfan

Ljbadfan disney fan

I use a d5000. I use it for weddings and senior photos. I love it to death. I got my wife a d3200, and it has more features and double megapixels, but I wouldn't trade her. I took mine on the Disney cruise to Alaska this year and used the 18-55 and 55-300 lenses. I love my d5000. I wouldn't something new, but there is nothing new I want to replace it with.

This is from the cruise, with a Nikon d5000 with 55-300 lens.
    [​IMG]

4. Gianna'sPapa

Gianna'sPapa DIS Veteran

First off, I'm not a Nikon shooter. If you are thinking about purchasing a D5000, it should be noted it is not the latest and greatest in the Nikon system. It uses 3 year old and 2 generations earlier technology. That doesn't mean it won't take great pictures. In my system, I'm still using a camera with 6 year old technology along with a newer camera. In the correct conditions, I still get outstanding results. It just doesn't have the flexibility of the newer technology. Just beware of the fact that with newer generation technology you get more flexibility to shoot in difficult situations. Here is a review of the camera from dpreview.com posted in 2009.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond5000/

5. DSLRuser

DSLRuser Age is a state of mind

i shoot D7000

the d5000 is 1 model cycle (2 years old) and was recently replaced by the d5100.

The 5xxx series is nikons middle tier camera for amatuer (dx) (not full frame)cameras.

As the previous poster said, it may be a little older, but its still a very solid camera.

6. photo_chick

photo_chick Knows a little about a lot of things, a lot about

Isn't Nikon up to the D5200 now?

7. Gianna'sPapa

Gianna'sPapa DIS Veteran

It was introduced in April, but has not been released to the USA market yet. Dpreview.com has a copy and did a preview in November. My research indicated they are trying to get it on the USA market before Christmas. That was why I made the statement that the D5000 is two generations old. It will be here sooner than later.

8. DSLRuser

DSLRuser Age is a state of mind

yeah, i was going off information I had about this time last year when i purchased the 7000.

9. disneyfaninaz

disneyfaninaz It takes faith, trust & pixie dust!

As a rank amateur, I shoot with the Nikon D5000 and love it. It is very versatile. I can use an automatic mode when I don't feel like being creative, but then I can have more control with the aperature or shutter speed if I want. I have taken it to Yellowstone, Disney World, Yosemite, Monterey, Seattle and Victoria and on our last Disney cruise and loved my photos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]