Nikon D3100

Discussion in 'Photography Board' started by smallblackstars, Feb 23, 2013.

1. smallblackstars

smallblackstars Mouseketeer

I am considering purchasing a Nikon D3100, I have a Nikon SLR which was actually my dads and has seen me through my Forensic and Crime Scene photography course at Uni and I do love it but it's seen better days. I have 2 little point and shoot cameras which take perfectly lovely photographs but I just feel with my previous experience with an SLR, I could probably get amazing photographs after taking some time to get used to one again (it has been almost 10 years since I properly used one!) Can anyone give me a little advice on this camera if they have one? I do want a Nikon but I don't want to spend super amounts of money on it. The D3100 is on Amazon at £318, is that a good price?

2. Gianna'sPapa

Gianna'sPapa DIS Veteran

The Nikon 3100 is their basic entry level camera that is now one generation old. It was replaced by the 3200. I don't shoot Nikon, but I have been told it does not have an in-body focus motor, therefore it cannot use the full array of Nikon lenses. Saying all that, it still has the capability to shoot good images.

3. photo_chick

photo_chick Knows a little about a lot of things, a lot about