Nikki & Travis' Disney Dream Cruise Wedding - 4/18/2016 -4/22/2016 - Dessert Party

Oh nicki, it is hard to let go of comparisons, but I would keep the focus on your wedding. What ever the later wedding does will be after yours, and thus, not the copier. Hang in there. Remember, the wedding is what you want it to be, and I would not compare or care about the other one. Just try to be happy for your DS, and as famously said, let it go. You will have the wedding of your dreams and be a beautiful bride.
I'm not sure where the context of my vent got mixed up but I'm definitely not comparing weddings. There's actually nothing to even compare.
Timing of her wedding is what I was really getting at.
Also, I very specifically mention how I'm very happy for her. Like I said, I'm even in the process of making and sending her an engagement gift...

You should have your wedding as you've planned and as you've wanted. Don't change a thing!! I would just move forward and stay focused. It's unfortunate that she chose to have her wedding so close to yours, but honestly, everyone will be focused on YOU on your special day!! And YOU are having a Disney wedding!!! Nothing can top that ;-)

I agree don't let her wedding date bother you just stay positive and make sure your wedding is everything you want and don't worry about hers at all! but it is unfortunate she would plan it so close that would bother me!

You should have your wedding as you've planned and as you've wanted. Don't change a thing!! I would just move forward and stay focused. It's unfortunate that she chose to have her wedding so close to yours, but honestly, everyone will be focused on YOU on your special day!! And YOU are having a Disney wedding!!! Nothing can top that ;-)

I agree don't let her wedding date bother you just stay positive and make sure your wedding is everything you want and don't worry about hers at all! but it is unfortunate she would plan it so close that would bother me!

Thank you, Ladies!
I've been so bummed with the situation!
I'm definitely not thinking about her date anymore!
Just going to let the chips fall where they may.
But I did sent her a big engagement gift that I'm excited to share on here soon!
And I'm just about done with my bridesmaids boxes!
Now to figure out the groomsmen "proposals"!​

Well, it took long enough but I finally have an update!
Bridesmaid boxes are done!

We're keeping our wedding party kind of small,
3 bridesmaids and 3 groomsmen.
Bridesmaid
Andrea - My Cousin - Maid of Honor
Sarah - Cosmetology School Bestie - Bridesmaid
Chelsea - Future Sister-in-Law - Bridesmaid
Rachel - My Niece - Flower Girl (I like including her in my party because she's my little nugget :goodvibes)

Groomsmen
Ryan - Groom's Best Friend - Best Man
Chris - Groom's 2nd Best Friend - Groomsman
Ryan - My Nephew - Groomsman (Ryan is too old to be a ring bearer but he's also my Godson so it was really important to include him)

So, we're still working on the groomsmen "proposals"
Travis doesn't like any of my ideas but has no ideas of his own so....:rolleyes:
But I knew what I wanted for my bridesmaids so I went to work.

Initially, I had planned to use wood boxes from Michaels Craft Store but I found some photo storage boxes that looked a lot nicer and were cheaper.
Once I found the boxes I went shopping for the things inside!
I was looking at a black, white and gold color scheme since I'm not entirely sure what colors I want the wedding to be.
(Yeah....I no longer have a definite idea for my theme and colors...)

So I started with some food goodies!
The classic Ring Pop and a little 3-pack of Ferrero Rochier chocolates (the little chocolates with hazelnut on the inside)

Next, I added some beauty items!
A nail file in bright neon colors, a bottle of Essie gold glitter nail polish and a Little Mermaid charm bangle.

Lastly, I added a few fun extras!
A wood initial glittered in champagne gold and a small picture frame!
For the picture frame, I cut a piece of scrapbook paper that would fit and wrote a cute little message:
"A place for the many memories we'll have!"

Oh, and I included a card where I wrote a meaningful little message to each girl and popped the question!

Once I had everything, I bought some filler for the boxes and assembled!

The picture below is of all the items (except the card) that is in each box

And the next picture of the front of the box and the inside of the box fully set!

I made these boxes for my three bridesmaids and I made a different kind of box for my flower girl!
Much more appropriate for a 5 year old!

Let me know what you guys think!
Should I have added anything else?
If there is something I missed, I can incorporate it into the wedding party gift!
The planning never ends...
:ccat:

Your bridesmaid boxes are so cute! I think they turned out great, and I can't think of anything else I would add.

I gave my girls each a pair of earrings as part of their bridal party gift, and one liked them so much that she wore them the day of the wedding. :) It was an easy way to incorporate the wedding theme, too. (In our case, I went with cute anchor earrings to go along with a nautical theme.) Just an idea!

I can't think of anything you missed, I think you did a fantastic job on the boxes. :)
Thank you!! These took me so much longer to finish than it should have!​

Your bridesmaid boxes are so cute! I think they turned out great, and I can't think of anything else I would add.

I gave my girls each a pair of earrings as part of their bridal party gift, and one liked them so much that she wore them the day of the wedding. :) It was an easy way to incorporate the wedding theme, too. (In our case, I went with cute anchor earrings to go along with a nautical theme.) Just an idea!

Thank you! That's a great idea! I hadn't thought of that but I think that would be perfect!
Looks cute! I think it's a great idea!

Thank You!! :)
Only one box was delivered so far and she loved it, which was definitely a relief!​

I FREAKIN LOVE YOUR BRIDESMAID BOXES!!! :jumping1: OMG how cute are those that is so thoughtful and came off so well done! I really love the little mermaid bracelet that is too cute! I think you hit that on the nail with everything you need you can always add more stuff later as time goes on so that way its not to much information at one time, can't wait to see more! :goodvibes

I FREAKIN LOVE YOUR BRIDESMAID BOXES!!! :jumping1: OMG how cute are those that is so thoughtful and came off so well done! I really love the little mermaid bracelet that is too cute! I think you hit that on the nail with everything you need you can always add more stuff later as time goes on so that way its not to much information at one time, can't wait to see more! :goodvibes

Thank you!! I was so happy with how they turned out!
Much better than I thought they would!
The girls seemed to love them too!
Now to figure out how to ask the groomsmen.
DF wants to wing it but I'm too much of a planner to do that lol.​

Hey Nikki!
Just started following!
Your dress looks amazing and you are so pretty, you will make a beautiful bride!

The bridesmaid boxes look great, where'd you find the Little Mermaid bracelets? One of my bridesmaids is obsessed with Ariel and becoming a mermaid (lol we are 30, well almost...but still) I'd love to add one to her gifts.

What are some of your ideas for the guys?
My fiancé hated all of my ideas too and in the end just made collages of photos of them throughout their friendships...he then took them all for a beer to ask them.

I can't wait to read more!!!
Congrats! :)

Hey Nikki!
Just started following!
Your dress looks amazing and you are so pretty, you will make a beautiful bride!

The bridesmaid boxes look great, where'd you find the Little Mermaid bracelets? One of my bridesmaids is obsessed with Ariel and becoming a mermaid (lol we are 30, well almost...but still) I'd love to add one to her gifts.

What are some of your ideas for the guys?
My fiancé hated all of my ideas too and in the end just made collages of photos of them throughout their friendships...he then took them all for a beer to ask them.

I can't wait to read more!!!
Congrats! :)

You're so incredibly sweet!! Thank you!!
And thanks for following along :)

The bracelets are actually from Hot Topic!
They have a lot of unique Disney stuff there!
I was really surprised when I saw it all!

As for asking the guys I was thinking of getting personalized beer glasses with each guy's initials,
or a bow tie (that would be worn for the wedding) but incorporated in a card that says something like "suit up."
I also thought of getting each guy a nice bottle of whisky or something in a nice wood box.
I tried to think of things that guys would be into haha.
In the end, my fiance decided to take his best friends out for beers to ask them too.
Unfortunately, my nephew is only 15 so beers for him were a no go.
Instead, we'll be getting him a personalized glass which I know he'll love.
I'll post a picture of the glass once it comes in!

So, I have to be honest, I’ve been completely stressing over our wedding theme & colors.
I know there are plenty of other (and more important) things to be worried about
but having a cruise wedding is so limiting!
This is one of the few decisions I can make for my wedding!
At one point I was so stressed I just wanted to call everything off and suck it up with a wedding at home!
You guys, I even started looking at venues in Chicago again!

Soon reality smacked me in the face when I saw prices for everything again (Chicago is expensive, y’all!).
I came back on the boards, read my favorite cruise trip reports again and was once again excited about our cruise wedding! The theme and color worries were still there but calmed down.

After more looking and brainstorming, Travis and I finally agreed on a theme and color pallet that made the both of us happy.

Colors:
Mint, Gray, Navy (or cobalt blue, not entirely sure on this one) and gold (or copper, I’m obsessed with copper but it’s harder to find things in that color.).
Inspiration:
[URL=http://s1303.photobucket.com/user/nikkiellaa/media/91e17666-c154-4454-8539-e390bd56cdb3_zps851susdt.jpg.html][/URL]

Theme: Geometric Doctor Who "Together or Not at All"
Inspiration:

A Doctor Who theme isn't the most original theme but we're going to put a different spin on it.
For anyone that may not know, Doctor Who is a British TV show that has been around for over 50 years! It's an amazing show and if you like SyFy you'll probably love Doctor Who.
Doctor Who is a huge part of our life and if we were to have a wedding at home
the theme would have been Doctor Who, so we decided the original theme was the best way to go!

Now, our Doctor Who theme is going to be VERY subtle! There will be touches all over but only people that watch the show will catch it. The last thing I want is for my wedding to look like a little kids birthday party.
And we're going to incorporate geometric shapes and patterns throughout!

Here is some inspiration for that element:

What does everyone think? Will this work for our DCL wedding?
Does this concept even make sense to anyone other than me? :rolleyes:

Thank You for following along! :love:

So, I have to be honest, I’ve been completely stressing over our wedding theme & colors.
I know there are plenty of other (and more important) things to be worried about
At one point I was so stressed I just wanted to call everything off and suck it up with a wedding at home!

Soon reality smacked me in the face when I saw prices for everything again (Chicago is expensive, y’all!).
I came back on the boards, read my favorite cruise trip reports again and was once again excited about our cruise wedding! The theme and color worries were still there but calmed down.

After more looking and brainstorming, Travis and I finally agreed on a theme and color pallet that made the both of us happy.

Colors:
Mint, Gray, Navy (or cobalt blue, not entirely sure on this one) and gold (or copper, I’m obsessed with copper but it’s harder to find things in that color.).
Inspiration:

Inspiration:

A Doctor Who theme isn't the most original theme but we're going to put a different spin on it.
For anyone that may not know, Doctor Who is a British TV show that has been around for over 50 years! It's an amazing show and if you like SyFy you'll probably love Doctor Who.
the theme would have been Doctor Who, so we decided the original theme was the best way to go!

Now, our Doctor Who theme is going to be VERY subtle! There will be touches all over but only people that watch the show will catch it. The last thing I want is for my wedding to look like a little kids birthday party.

I think your inspirations are fantastic!!! I love the colors and think that either one of the shades of blue will work nicely with the others. I say go for the copper! It's definitely not a color used very often and will be another distinct (and beautiful) element of your day. I like your inspirations for the geometric designs. I am not personally a Dr. Who fan (most of my friends are and don't understand why I am not), so I can't really weigh in on that aspect of things other than to say yay for choosing something that you feel really represents you two, rather than doing what you think is "expected". :flower:

Colors:
Inspiration:

Inspiration:

Love the colour palette you chose. Your inspirational pics are beautiful. I love the Dr. Who theme. I watched that show all the time when I was younger so totally get it! I think the geometric patterns are a great "clin d'oeuil" , plus I love the overall look. Don't stress, it will be an amazing wedding. Really, you'll look back after it's all over and ask yourself why you made such a big deal over colours and themes. I can tell you from experience, the day will go by so fast that all the small details will be lost and what you'll remember most is the moment you exchange vows and the feelings you'll experience during the day. No matter what you choose to do, don't forget it is about you and your future husband sharing your special day with those you love. We all get caught up in the wedding planning, it is only natural, because we want it to be perfect. It might not be perfect but it will be fabulous none the less.:thumbsup2

Love the colors! I'm on a cobalt blue and aqua blue kick lately. I've always loved a cobalt blue anyways. (Goes well with purple LOL)
It's going to be beautiful. And yea, I agree with Alexsandra, don't sweat or stress over all the little stuff. You're going to have that beautiful ship as your backdrop.

Colors:
Inspiration:
[URL='http://s1303.photobucket.com/user/nikkiellaa/media/91e17666-c154-4454-8539-e390bd56cdb3_zps851susdt.jpg.html'][/URL]
[URL='http://s1303.photobucket.com/user/nikkiellaa/media/519787d7-f8f9-4545-87d9-b90d57721844_zpseiikswgq.jpg.html']

Inspiration:

Thank You for following along! :love:[/URL]

I love your new colors! I am a huge fan of mint that is a really popular color and don't stress about stressing I totally understand cruise weddings are so limited we throw our attention on to the smaller things we can control and if this color pallet makes you and your DF happy go for it! Its really pretty I love the idea of copper so unique but again hard to find but you could probably spray paint if you really needed too or gold would be so pretty too! and I love the little geometric designs that is all stuff you can easily put in to decorations and bring on board thats what I did and it really personalized the space for us!

Happy Planning :goodvibes

I think your inspirations are fantastic!!! I love the colors and think that either one of the shades of blue will work nicely with the others. I say go for the copper! It's definitely not a color used very often and will be another distinct (and beautiful) element of your day. I like your inspirations for the geometric designs. I am not personally a Dr. Who fan (most of my friends are and don't understand why I am not), so I can't really weigh in on that aspect of things other than to say yay for choosing something that you feel really represents you two, rather than doing what you think is "expected". :flower:

Love the colour palette you chose. Your inspirational pics are beautiful. I love the Dr. Who theme. I watched that show all the time when I was younger so totally get it! I think the geometric patterns are a great "clin d'oeuil" , plus I love the overall look. Don't stress, it will be an amazing wedding. Really, you'll look back after it's all over and ask yourself why you made such a big deal over colours and themes. I can tell you from experience, the day will go by so fast that all the small details will be lost and what you'll remember most is the moment you exchange vows and the feelings you'll experience during the day. No matter what you choose to do, don't forget it is about you and your future husband sharing your special day with those you love. We all get caught up in the wedding planning, it is only natural, because we want it to be perfect. It might not be perfect but it will be fabulous none the less.:thumbsup2

Love the colors! I'm on a cobalt blue and aqua blue kick lately. I've always loved a cobalt blue anyways. (Goes well with purple LOL)
It's going to be beautiful. And yea, I agree with Alexsandra, don't sweat or stress over all the little stuff. You're going to have that beautiful ship as your backdrop.

I love your new colors! I am a huge fan of mint that is a really popular color and don't stress about stressing I totally understand cruise weddings are so limited we throw our attention on to the smaller things we can control and if this color pallet makes you and your DF happy go for it! Its really pretty I love the idea of copper so unique but again hard to find but you could probably spray paint if you really needed too or gold would be so pretty too! and I love the little geometric designs that is all stuff you can easily put in to decorations and bring on board thats what I did and it really personalized the space for us!

Thank you all so so much!! You have no idea how much better you have made me feel!
I have such a type A personality and overthink and plan everything so it's so nice to read everything from other ladies that understand!
I definitely think the copper is the way we're going to go! It is more unique and I will look everywhere for it!
We're still between navy and cobalt blue. I'm liking the cobalt more and Trav is undecided so we'll see.
Thank you again ladies, you have no idea how much I truly appreciate your sweet words and advise!

Next update is engagement pictures!!
Those are happening this weekend! :goodvibes

Following! And I'm getting married two days before you, so yay April 2016 weddings! (I'm doing an at home wedding here in DC, but definitely still incorporating Disney elements.)

Your dress and colors are gorgeous! The mint and blue (I'd say cobalt is more modern and navy is more classic) are perfect for DCL and the geometic adds such a fun modern touch.

Also I totally understand where you're coming from on your future SIL's wedding timing. A friend in my main friend group who got engaged several months after me is having her weddings two weeks before me. I know some of the timing couldn't be helped, but I'm still annoyed that the weddings will be so close to each other. Plus, my maid of honor is also one of her bridesmaids, so it's hard not to want the weddings to be more spread out so we can each have our time. I'm trying not to be a bridezilla about it though.

Can't wait to see the engagement photos!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter