Night Time Helicopter Flight Over Strip?

Queenie

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

I'm coming to Vegas for my 21st in October and was thinking about booking a helicopter night flight over the strip. I've found one that's a reasonable price and my future FIL is really excited about doing it with me as he's never been able to before (rest of the group are all terrified of heights.) Things is he mentioned that the copters hover near the top of the Stratosphere tower and then drop very quickly ToT style down to near the ground to carry on down the Strip. I am petrified of dropping and freak out when my airplane decends or going down the hills on Big Thunder so this is like my worst nightmare! Has anyone done it and can tell me what it's like? Would I be able to ask them to descend more gradually so I don't panic and throw up?!?!

Thanks!

When we did this the helicopter didn't drop like that. We used Sundance who took off from MCO airport, then flew up to the Stratosphere over the hotels on one side of the strip, then flew back down the other side. The flight was very gentle with no sudden drops at all.

My brother is a pilot for Maverick Helicopters in Las Vegas. They do a lot of the Grand Canyon tours and also do strip flights. It is unlikely that the pilot would perform any "aerobatic" maneuvers without the consent of all passengers on board.

Plus, flight patterns and maneuvers around the strip are very strictly regulated. You'll have a great time. Have fun!

I'd love more info on this. How much is it? How many are in one 'copter? Which companies are the best and how do we contact them?

Thanks for the info.

Tandyc

There are several companies. I can say with all honesty that Maverick has the newest helicopter fleet.

We flew with Sundance helicopters in Feb to the Grand Canyon. On the return journey we flew down the strip & we didn't experience the drop you describe.

We also went on the helicopter ride a couple of years ago, and it was a calm ride. We all had headphones & I think the pilot piped in music that we listened to.

The ride is pretty short - I think 15 minutes? or so - but it was cool. We lifted off from the airport, flew to the Stratosphere and around it, and back down the strip. We also got a picture of ourselves in front of the helicopter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter