Night in the castle

Discussion in 'Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promot' started by gramma4, Sep 9, 2012.

1. gramma4

gramma4 fairyGaGa

How do they pick the family that stays the night in cinderella 's castle? Is there a method to increase your chances ? Taking my five year GD on her birthday. How cool would it be to spend the night in the castle.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Claire&TheBoys

Claire&TheBoys The Queen of the Castle!

They don't do that anymore. That was part of the "Year of a Million Dreams" promotion that ran a few years ago (2007/2008, I believe). The Cinderella Castle suite is sometimes used in sweepstakes promotions or for special events, but they don't randomly select guests to spend the night anymore.

You'll still have a magical time! Have fun!

4. jsw1114

jsw1114 Mouseketeer

Well except if ur name is suri cruise lol

5. blueferral

blueferral Mouseketeer

Headed to the court house to change my name RIGHT NOW! :rotfl2:

6. the_princess

the_princess DIS Veteran

Did she spend a night there???

7. meggiebeth

meggiebeth Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow

Yup, she and her dad did. A lot of people here on the DIS were annoyed about it because it seems like celebs are the only people that get to do these extra special experiences now :scratchin

I would LOVE for them to open it up to regular park guests again. It would be AMAZING. :happytv:

8. cwt580

cwt580 DIS Veteran

not for sale at all. Is by disney choice to give as they feel...Maybe a tribute to Walt to a deserving person/family.

there'd be bidding wars on it... $500,000 a night.....trust me someone would have it always rented.

ive heard the way they get it is with a sizable donation to charity. OR if security at a hotel might be a little much for certain celebs...imagine the chaos if Depp stayed at the Poly and someone spotted him...

9. meggiebeth

meggiebeth Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow

Even if it isn't for sale, surely celebrities could get into it by pulling some strings. I really wonder how much people would be willing to pay, however, if it was up for sale.

I only wish they would randomly pick guests again, that would be fab. Lol, you got me thinking, where do celebrities like Johnny Depp stay when at WDW?

10. WedgieSock

WedgieSock DIS Veteran

When Eddie Murphy stayed he booked a whole floor for privacy - I think it was Poly.