Night before, stay at Disney or Port Canaveral?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by JimGA, Dec 3, 2012.

1. sgc1107

sgc1107 sgc1107

Lol don't Think I get through security with a body in my bag! :-) I will tell all!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. travelcoupons

travelcoupons DIS Veteran

It's all personal preference.
    You can rent a one-way car rental. Drop it off at the rental agency in Canaveral and they will shuttle you to the port (thus no parking fees while your gone). If you go with Hertz, they are located right beside the Country Inn & Suites & Residence Inn so you can return your car and walk back to your room.

The other option is to book a hotel that offers a transporation package from the Orlando airport. The hotel will shuttle you from the airport to the hotel in Cape Canaveral and then to your cruise. There are several hotels which offer those packages. There's a pretty complete listing of them at www.parkingstay.com .

The last option, is to arrange a shuttle yourself. There's a list of all the companies which offer this at http://www.portcanaveral.com/cruising/groundtransport.php .

4. Chee Chick

Chee Chick DIS Veteran

I am just starting to think about this now that I am about to book the Fantasy for 2014. I would like to stay at a WDW resort that is close to Downtown Disney. I just figured we would use the Disney transportation, but now I see that renting a limo may be cheaper with a party of 7 and stopping at a grocery store is a huge plus. Does anyone know if you book the Disney transportation can you cancel it later if you find a better alternative?

5. sgc1107

sgc1107 sgc1107

Yes! We canceled, originally planed to fly but flight prices made us make the decision to do the 9hr drive. TA refunded us within 8-10 days!

6. JimGA

JimGA DIS Veteran

Thinking about it, the extra time to sleep and take it easy in the morning is a great idea. I have a feeling our kids will have trouble falling asleep due to the excitement and then they will want to wake up at the crack of dawn like it is Christmas morning! So, a lazy morning will be nice.

Thanks!:thumbsup2

7. Paula Sedley-Burke

Paula Sedley-Burke Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Great cant wait! With photos pls!

8. EPCOTatNight

EPCOTatNight I am the Polynesian Parking guy and the Original D

This is the reason that I'm considering staying at WDW. We'll be up anyway and just waiting.

9. sgc1107

sgc1107 sgc1107

Oh yes!!!! Just my area is expertise!

10. Paula Sedley-Burke

Omg! I am so excited! I have always wanted to do a NY cruise so hearing it first hand will be be great!

11. sgc1107

sgc1107 sgc1107

This will be our first NYE too! And what better way that to share it with the fantasy's first too!!

12. Paula Sedley-Burke

That is the most fantastic thing I have heard. I do hope you have an amazing time. I want a porthole at home with realtime views lol!

13. sgc1107

sgc1107 sgc1107

Lol great idea!! This is quite possible! Set a recorder up in a room for awhile & get one of those moving picture frames & just loop the video!!!!!

14. JimGA

JimGA DIS Veteran

Do they shoot the fireworks on New Years Eve?

15. sgc1107

sgc1107 sgc1107

We're expecting so. We've heard it will be then or on pirate night. Only one or the other. I guess the ships permit only allows a certain amount if fireworks onboard.

16. tita155

tita155 Earning My Ears

We have decided to stay at pop century for the night before the cruise and we will then take a car service to the port the next day. We plan on hitting the pools and maybe downtown disney for dinner.

17. Paula Sedley-Burke

Omg fireworks how cool is that! Where will you be NYE?

18. sgc1107

sgc1107 sgc1107

At sea but docking in St. Thomas NY morning. Lots of excursions available!!! Lol no on wants to get up!

19. Paula Sedley-Burke

No I can see how those excursions might have last minute availability! Sounds so amazing. Got a nice stateroom? We are doing a 4 night on the Dream 22nd September. 3rd time on the Dream love it. Would love to try the Fantasy! And NYE!

20. sgc1107

sgc1107 sgc1107

Ya pretty good cat 5c this was an extremely expensive cruise! I'm guessing because if the holiday and how desirable it is! It's been sold out several times! We looked for giggle a few months ago and the price had gone up about $1,100 since we booked!!! Never been on the fantasy, only the wonder 4yr ago so we're in for a treat! And now that I have found disboards I'm prepared! I knew NOTHING walking onboard 4yrs ago! Can't wait this time!

21. Paula Sedley-Burke

Great! Did you book direct with DCL? I knew nothing of the Disboards before my last trip to WDW and now I look at it daily! We have DVC points so come to WDW every year sometimes also taking a cruise. We are from the UK. I think its worth separating my life into PD ( pre disboards ) and after...

I just love castaway cay dont you?