Nickelodeon Family Suites - any feedback

sbbartz

Earning My Ears
This will be our first family trip to Disney in September and my Daughter (7) is insisting that we stay at the 'nickhotel'. I know it is outside the Disney grounds, but it looks like a lot of fun with its own water park and rates seem reasonable. Just wondering if anyone here has stayed at this hotel and what they thought of it.

I think if you search on Orlando Hotels and Attraction board you will find lots of opinions about the Nick Hotel.

We loved it. When I stay there, I plan to spend my time enjoying the water parks there. I can't justify paying that much to only sleep there. We saw one of the evening shows and really liked it too. The food is ok. Rooms were clean. Pool area was clean and lots of fun. I look forward to staying there again.

If you do a search, you'll find plenty to read on this hotel.

We stayed there twice and really liked all the room in the suites. There were too many things that we did not like though. It is VERY loud, crowded(especially the pools and dining), and the bus system to the parks really STINKS!! For the money, I would stay on Disney property any day over that again. The only great thing we did like was the rooms, they are very nice and roomy!

got to love the nickelodeon advertisements. :sunny: My kids keep telling us about this great hotel- where you get slimed, swim, mom and dad have their very own room...well we are going to give it a try next weekend and see. Im sure they will have a absolute blast. I guess that makes it all worth it in the end..

sbbartz said:
This will be our first family trip to Disney in September and my Daughter (7) is insisting that we stay at the 'nickhotel'. I know it is outside the Disney grounds, but it looks like a lot of fun with its own water park and rates seem reasonable. Just wondering if anyone here has stayed at this hotel and what they thought of it.

Yeah! The rates for Fall dates were $125.00 !! few room available

Almost had a room booked, but decided against it since I don't know enough about it. Just from my daughter trying to sell it to me from the great commercials..that really work apparently!! Plus, one of the CMs from Disney, told me that she liked it, but she wasn't allowed to visit/eat with her family while her family was staying there. I understand this, but we've set aside 3-4 days to visit Sea World/Universals and friends...off Disney. That wouldn't have worked for us not to have them visit us there for a meal. I almost booked it. We would have had to go off the sight to eat with the friends. That would have been a total waste of a night's stay. Next time DD!! :cloud9:

We are staying at the Nick Hotel for two nights in Sept, before our Disney trip. Due to DS's begging and pleading, we are staying a Friday & Sat night. We will spend all day there on Saturday, so he can get it all out of his system! :banana: Then we will move on to the Poly for 7 nights! :banana:
We have never been there, but DS will only be a kid once, so what the heck.

You should decide on your own, but I would want to be able to get free dining, plus transportation...

1 bedroom units do not have any "themeing".....

2 bedroom units do... if you want a spongebob room they cost $25 more per night

If you stay at Nick. you'd have to either pay for your own transfers to/from airport or rent a car.

if you rent a car and drive to disney you will have to pay for parking. ($9 day)
Nick. does provide shuttles to/from disney and other attractions for free, but you have to go by their schedule.

Hope you have a great trip where ever you decide to stay :wizard:

I guess if you had to make transfers that would be a issue. we are just going to DTD that night for dinner with a friend of mine that is a cm. it is too bad guests cannot come to the resort but we will be just as happy hanging out at DTD for the night.. :thumbsup2

we did get the spongebob room for $220 the regular two bedroom was $200 for the night. I had looked at the fall rates but unfortunately they are all during the week..

Hi,
As I have said many time before...this was the best ever vacation for us.The part my family of 22 loved the the most...the NICK hotel.
But we went in Dec. the first of the month. we had no crowds and everything was perfect. The pool and the pool games were just perfect for the kids. I'm 57 and I even used the big slides. Not something I would normally do......My grandson was so impressed. You will have a great time.
Carla

Welcome to the DIS!!! Check out the accmodations review board here too. You'll find lots of info there. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter