Nick Hotel

polkadotminnie

<font color=teal>I still like the idea of a glass
:thumbsup2 We stayed 3 nights at the Nick Hotel Oct 8-11. I must say that this hotel is every kid's paradise. My girls had a blast. We checked in early at 10:30. The check in process took about 20 minutes. We had worn our bathing suits under our clothes so we went straight to the Oasis pool. The front desk called my cell at 12:30 to let us know our room was ready. We requested non-smoking and near the Lagoon Pool. We got room 8401. It was a Rugrat theme. It was near the main pool and the Mall area. The girls loved the Lagoon Pool. It was packed on the 8th (the hotel was booked solid), but many people checked out that day so it was great the rest of the time. We made reservations for the kid's spa. They got their nails done and hairwraps. They were chosen for the pool games and got slimed. They did kareoke. We did Nick or Treat. They only part I was disappointed in was the character breakfast. The characters disappeared for a break all at the same time so we had to wait 25 minutes after we ate for the characters to get to us. It was just Cosmo, Wanda, Dora and Spongebob. We never saw the Rugrats all week. We will go back to the resort. We won't go to the parks but will just hang out at the resort. There is plenty to do. We won't do breakfast again! Nick needs lessons from Disney on how to have a character breakfast. Any questions?

Thanks for the review!!! We will be there thanksgiving week so I am sure it will be a zoo during that time!
What activities there are extra? When I made my reservation, the NH told me about a spongebob pirate party or a Playdate with Blue. THey quoted me $50 per child and $35 per adult!! So I am not really sure if those are worth it. Seems like an outrageous price.
I only made a reservation for the character breakfast since I want to be sure to get lots of pics. Did you see lots of character photo op's in the mall? If so, maybe I should change my breakfast ressie to my last morning and than by then depending on how many pics I get before than, I may cancel the breakfast.
What is close by to eat at? Did you feel you would save money by eating offsite? Just asking because Nick hotel told me kids eat free but just wondering how much they charge the adults??
Sorry for so many questions :blush: I am just too excited to be surprising my boys! We are doing a 3 night disney cruise followed by a 3 night stay at the Nick hotel. My 9 year old thinks we are staying at HOJO' s but the one that doesn't have a pool. HEHE, I can't wait to see his face when we pull up to the Nick hotel!!!

We had a car so we mostly ate offsite. We ate at Bahama Breeze, Smokey Bones, WCC at Disney, and a seafood restaurant. We ate luch in the Mall area at the Nick Hotel. The pizza was good, but the A&W hamburgers were not so good (imho). The A&W place only had canned rootbeer not out of the fountain... :confused3 We did not do any other paid activities except the kids spa because I thought they were too exspensive. We did see all the same characters in the mall during Nick or Treat but I am not sure about other times during the day. I hope you have a great trip! :teeth:

Thanks, I can't wait! Bahama breeze! That was one of our favorites on our '05 trip! One more question, did you pick the theme of your room or are you surprised at check in?? I have read other reports of people getting sb or rugrats so just wondering!!! Thanks in advance :)

We did not request a theme. I just really want as close as possible to the main pool so I asked for that and nonsmoking. We were on the back side of the building, but it was quiet and close to the pool. My girls were glad it was Rugrats. They wanted that or SB. They liked being surprised when they got in the room.

I think spongebob costs extra because of the popularity. We are checking into a 3 bedroom on 11/5 and we will be suprised by the theme as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter