Nick Hotel Trip Report

jpa1121

Earning My Ears
We just returned from a weekend stay at Nick Hotel and had a great stay. It was a little chilly and windy but that didn't stop us.

Check in: Very smooth. Arrived at 11:30 and pre-registered. Our kids (ds 4 and dd 6) loved the lobby, especially the big beanbags and cartoons. We changed into our suits in the changing room off the lobby and headed to the pool. Our room was ready about 3:30.

Suite: Sweet and great location (building 7, 4th floor, facing the lake). We had the 2 bedroom family suite with bunkbeds and spongebob accents. my DD said her dreams had come true. The living room is very comfortable with a small table, sm fridge and microwave. The bathroom was very spacious and bright and it was nice having large bath towels (and plenty of them). I loved all the small attention to detail like, every paper product from towels, TP, to Tissues were folded in a fan shape. Even the soap had a splat shape imprint. The bedrooms were big enough to not feel closed in. The 3 TVs were great for us and it was nice having a king sized bed (but it's very firm). It's a little noisy during the day but between 9:30 p.m. - 7:30 a.m. pretty quite.

Pool: What a great concept. The pools were fantastic. My DS loved the zero entry pool, we could barely get him out of there. Between the slides, water cannons, mini golf, and basket ball, we had a hard time convincing them to visit the other pool. Only the promise of sand lured them. We didn't get in the water at the other pool but the kids loved the sand pit and the toddler play area.

Mall: Every time we we walked to the "mall" the kids saw new things, Dora, Blue, swans, ducks, . . . . We met Patrick and Spongebob right away and the fairly odd parents shortly there after. We were very happy with the character interactions. FOOD: We ate at pizza hut for lunch, the buffet for dinner, and the character breakfast this morning. The buffet was o.k. The kids loved it, all their favorites. The breakfast this moring was great. Lots of characters, wonderful food, very entertaining.

Entertainment: We didn't see any of the shows (full) but were o.k. with that. The pool side shows were good enought for our kids. The arcade was is a little small for the amount of games and most of the token machines are not working. only stayed long enough to spend $5.

All in All, we loved it and will return. We live in Florida and are always looking for a quick get away place. This one is at the top of the list.

Thanks for the report!!

Glad to hear that it was a great place to stay - the reviews for the Nick just keep getting better, and you can't beat the location :thumbsup2

:sunny:

Thank You for the great report!!! It sounds like you had a wonderful time. I can't wait until June. We have a two bedroom suite reserved and the kids are SO excited!! Were you able to request a specific room location ahead of time or did you just get lucky?

Another question - don't laugh - but do they have laundry facilities? I have not seen any mention of this on their website or in their brochure.

Thanks!! :)

We just got lucky on the room location. You can always request, all they can say is no. Not sure about the laundry, as we only stayed one night. We looked through the stuff they gave us at check in and didn't see anything about laundry. Sorry.

TerBear4 - we just found a more detailed map (when cleaning out the car) and it does show 2 guest laundries. Hope the info's not too late.

jpa1121 said:
TerBear4 - we just found a more detailed map (when cleaning out the car) and it does show 2 guest laundries. Hope the info's not too late.

THANKS! Not too late late, we are going in June. :cool1:

Would you mind sharing what the suite cost you? And also - what is the max capacity for people to sleep in that suite? How many beds? Any pull-outs?

I'm considering doing 2 nights here prior to Disney next year with extended family.

Thanks!

We live in Florida and were able to get the Florida residence rate - $165. There was a pull out couch in the living room and a murphy bed in the kid's room (in addition to the bunk beds), plus the king size in the master bedroom. I highly recommend the Nick hotel if you plan on just staying there to use the facilities (pool, etc.) but it may not be worth it if you will be visiting the parks as well.

We just got back from WDW and stayed at the Nick Hotel for one night. We did stay there before when it was the HIFS.

My only complaint was they had to close the pool 2 times for about 45 minutes each time because a kid had an accident in the pool. I really blame the parents for this. Kids 4 or under need to be in swim pants and I guess some parents don't care.

We just wanted to hand out by the pool for the day, didn't get much of a chance because as soon as the pool opened again, the rain store came!

My only bad comment during my stay was that the pool closed down twice in one day due to PARENTS not putting their little ones in swim pants.....At least the slides were still open and there is a second yet smaller pool on the west side. I thought that the hotel was great as the HIFS and now its just awesome. Then again I remember the rate being $99 a night. We were there during memorial weekend $149 a night and I have never seen it so crowded yet we still had a blast. Already planning our next trip. By the way we were in building 14 and one of the guest laundrys is in building 15.

I'm glad to hear good things about this hotel. We will be there for a 3 night stay in July. I can't wait!!! My kids love Spongebob!!!

thanks for the report we are headed there on the 25th for a night with the kids. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter