Nice new header

Zurg

<font color=red>Eivl <font color=navy>Emperor<br><
I like the new header with quick links to the point calculator etc. The only down side is it is quicker to be tempted to buy another resale. LOL

it would be nice to have a user cp button...

I liked that for awhile I could tell which threads I had read because they changed to a redish/purplish color. Now they are always blue.

Can it be changed to have a different color for clicked links?

I like the new header as well. But I still miss my little black dot telling me which ones I had posted on.

I liked that for awhile I could tell which threads I had read because they changed to a redish/purplish color.
Yes, I liked that feature as well. The otehr point about the little black dots was also nice. If it's possible to bring these features back, that would be nice. If not, no problem.

Hi Folks:

Corey is playing with the design, and it's not done yet. I'll make sure he knows about the visited links issue. As far as the dots go, I can tell you it's something that we're looking at. You have no idea how much overhead those little things take up. Short of moving to three servers (these boards use two right now), I 'm not sure if they will return. Alex was working on something with it last night, so let's keep our fingers crossed...no promises on it though.

Pete

Pete:

Thanks for the update. As always this is the best Disney Site on the net. :bounce:

When viewing a thread with Internet Explorer 5.2 for Mac OS X, all text is now <font color="#660099">purple</font> instead of black. This color is less pleasant to read. It wasn't a problem until the recent change to the DVC board. Internet Explorer 5.2 is the primary browser used in in the Mac community.

I tried four other browsers. With with Safari 1.0 beta (my new favorite browser) for Mac OS X and Netscape 7.01 for Mac OS X, the text is black. Using Windows 2000 Professional, the text is black with both Internet Explorer 6.0 and Netscape 4.75.

So this is only a problem with Internet Explorer 5.2 for Mac.

How about showing that you have a new message at the top where it is welcoming you back??? Just so you don't have to scroll all the way down. Rich

I participate on another board that uses vbulletin. They also took the dot away. It was killing their server also.

Pete,
I'm far from being a kiss @#$, but i have been checking this site out now for atleast 1 year + and i have to tell you i can't imagine a better site than this. Keep up the good work. I love Disney and its obvious you do to.

JMW:D

As far as the dots go, I can tell you it's something that we're looking at. You have no idea how much overhead those little things take up. Short of moving to three servers (these boards use two right now)
Well, it's not worth that for the dots. But if the visited links being a different color is a relatively easy one, it would be great to have that one. Love the site.

Werner,

For the record, the purple text also occurs in IE 5.1.3 under MacOS 9.2, in spite of preferences indicating that text should be black and the purple color used for read links.

An interesting exception is that YOUR post to the "Everything's moving to Saratoga Springs" thread is in black! Everyone else's appears in purple. What did you do?

The "purple problem" has been fixed. Wow, that was fast. Thank you!
Originally posted by erikthewise
An interesting exception is that YOUR post to the "Everything's moving to Saratoga Springs" thread is in black! Everyone else's appears in purple. What did you do?
I actually specified black as the color for that post (because I didn't like the purple), as follows:
<blockquote>post goes here[/color ] </blockquote>
You can use this code to specify other colors if you wish.

WOW

Blue titles
Black titles for visited threads

Even the Black Dots are Back.:bounce:

<b> Great Job. </b>

Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter