Nice hotels btwn Disneyland and Hollywood?

frayedend

I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
Can anyone recommend any nice areas/hotels that are somewhere between Anaheim area attractions and Hollywood? It looks like we'll have a 45 minute drive to one area if we stay in the other. We'd like to find something between so the drive is about 20-25 minutes no matter where we are going. I don't know CA at all so any help is appreciated. We usually stay at Disneyworld deluxe resorts.

I lived in LA for 7 years and used to do business all over so cal. I have to admit I was scratching my head trying to think of an area to recommend. Couldn't think of one area, so I pulled up a map. There really isn't a clearcut place to recommend. I honestly think in this case you are better off splitting your vacation between the two places. Downtown LA comes the closest to being an okay place to stay in between, but honestly I think you will hit traffic hassles.

I'd recommend Grand Californian at DL. I'm not a huge "Hollywood" fan and really the term Hollywood often is used to describe places that evoke Hollywood (i.e. studios) rather than the actual place itself (where Graumann's is). You might find more upscale digs in the Beverly Hills area i.e. the Beverly Hills Hotel, the Four Seasons, the Peninsula. In Hollywood, there is the Roosevelt Hotel - classic. Head towards W. Hollywood and there is the Chateau Marmont, Bel Age, Mondrian, etc. I don't know of anything upscale at Universal City but there is a Hilton and Sheraton there.

I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help to you. It seems strange that in the distance that there is between the two places, there is so little to choose from. But, IMHO, there isn't. Hopefully someone else may know of an area that I am missing.

I lived in LA for 7 years and used to do business all over so cal. I have to admit I was scratching my head trying to think of an area to recommend. Couldn't think of one area, so I pulled up a map. There really isn't a clearcut place to recommend. I honestly think in this case you are better off splitting your vacation between the two places. Downtown LA comes the closest to being an okay place to stay in between, but honestly I think you will hit traffic hassles.

I'd recommend Grand Californian at DL. I'm not a huge "Hollywood" fan and really the term Hollywood often is used to describe places that evoke Hollywood (i.e. studios) rather than the actual place itself (where Graumann's is). You might find more upscale digs in the Beverly Hills area i.e. the Beverly Hills Hotel, the Four Seasons, the Peninsula. In Hollywood, there is the Roosevelt Hotel - classic. Head towards W. Hollywood and there is the Chateau Marmont, Bel Age, Mondrian, etc. I don't know of anything upscale at Universal City but there is a Hilton and Sheraton there.

I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help to you. It seems strange that in the distance that there is between the two places, there is so little to choose from. But, IMHO, there isn't. Hopefully someone else may know of an area that I am missing.

Thanks! Our research has come up with about the same. I think we'll stay in the Disney area and travel to LA since it will be less days, maybe one or two in LA. I think they (the family ) also want to head to San Diego one day and the trip seems a little (maybe 1/2 hour) shorter from Anaheim. I wish I could convince them to just go back the Disneyworld and not have to drive at all :)

It will help to make your driving days Sat and Sun if possible. The traffic is half as bad, especially up around Hollywood/Universal. And, Disney is extra crowded on those days so I'd highly recommend it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter