NHS Petition

Queenie

Mouseketeer
This was posted on another forum, I think it's important for everyone to be aware of this - especially as we have so many parents with newborns on here. The link to the website with the petition shows pictures of the little boy's injury - it is pretty upsetting so be aware if you decide to sign.

"Thanking you all in advance.

My son Ben (born 29.11) was injured with a bad scald when he had routine blood tests in hospital I've had a little press coverage in Scotland about this but am trying to inform as many new mums & mums to be to ensure this doesn't happen to anyone elses baby. I've created a small website & petition about it,

www.babybensfoot.cjb.net

Please have a look if you have the time & sign my online petition from the homepage link.

Many thanks.

Chris, Samantha & Ben (now 10 wks) xx"

OMG ~ I remember seeing this on the local news.

I've signed the petition.

Thats just awful. Ive tried to sign but its not working at the minute but I will definately keep trying.

Thanks - I've signed and forwarded to my friends

That picture is hand-on-mouth-gasp
Absolutely shocking...I feel physicaly sick....The poor child, I hope he fully recovers.

Signed on Sat after reading the post on Bounty.

Like I said on the petition, I really hope something gets done about this and no other baby has to suffer like your little Ben did. :sad2:

Good luck with everything and hope Ben continues to recover. ;)

Karina

That is truely horrifying!

What I don't understand is how the midwife couldn't feel that the water was too hot to put the baby's foot in! I am a nurse and have worn many different gloves and I can always tell how hot the water is! :confused3

catherine said:
That is truely horrifying!

What I don't understand is how the midwife couldn't feel that the water was too hot to put the baby's foot in! I am a nurse and have worn many different gloves and I can always tell how hot the water is! :confused3

I agree totally (as a fellow nurse!) - what was he using? Marigolds? :sad2: I wouldn't mind betting he didn't test the water at all and used the gloves thing as an excuse!

I've signed too - hope Ben is now happy and well with no permanent damage! :)

OMG how awful it must have been for you :sad2: hope ben is doing well :)

i've signed

eve ::MinnieMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter