NHL Playoffs Stanley Cup Round: Chicago Blackhawks vs. Boston Bruins

Who will win the Stanley Cup and in how many games?

• Chicago Blackhawks in 4

• Boston Bruins in 4

• Chicago Blackhawks in 5

• Boston Bruins in 5

• Chicago Blackhawks in 6

• Boston Bruins in 6

• Chicago Blackhawks in 7

• Boston Bruins in 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Right back at ya !!:thumbsup2

We were at game 2 and we really enjoyed the B fans that were sitting in front of us. We did not hear of 1 fan issue either at the UC or the Garden.

In 2010, the Flyer fans were just a joke. They walked around thinking their $**t didnt stink, and it was just brutal.

At some point in their life they will grow up.

But to you Bruin fans, I have much respect for you. Very classy and respectful.

I think I speak for ALL Hawks fans...we were rooting for you in 2011 vs. Vancouver...and I think that is why there wasnt alot of hate between the fans.

I will always remember Nathan Horton pouring water from the Garden on the ice in Vancouver before game 7.

I will echo on this too!! Boston has always been our 2nd choice to cheer for (except in Football & NBA, sorry guys ;)) We cheered for your Red Sox in 2004 and I definitely cheered for the Bruins in 2011 against the Canuckleheads.

Hopefully as the disappointment wains you will all feel very proud of your team and their outstanding season. And to hear now about what Bergeron actually played through? WOW! He really is a warrior!

See ya next season (for a regular full season!!) :cheer2:

HERE is a link that included the open letter from the Blackhawks to the Bruins and the city of Boston, that took up a full page of the Boston Globe. Further demonstarting that you can have a rivalry and mutual respect.

Wirtz-letter.jpg

I was at the rally today, unreal how many people were there. Although most didn't know a thing about hockey/ just wanted an excuse to drink. It was hot out there but during the anthem I had the chills. I had a pretty good spot but even so just being there, the energy, nothing can beat that.

Rocky is all class !!

Im trying to remember if Rocky took out a full page add in the Philly papers in 2010....anyone anyone...Buehler..Buehler ??

NOT !!!!!!!!!!

The Philly organization and their fans DID NOT deserve such a letter.

As I said in one of my post, at some point in their lives, Philly fans will grow up.

I just wish the 2013-14 hockey season will get here already. Our baseball teams give us nothing to look forward to here in Chicago and the Bears are still 8 weeks away from the season opener.

"One Goal" was --------> ACHIEVED !!!

Is this Rocky Wirtz related to the previous Blackhawks ownership? If so, he's made a remarkable turnaround from the prior team management and attitude.

I was at the rally today, unreal how many people were there. Although most didn't know a thing about hockey/ just wanted an excuse to drink. It was hot out there but during the anthem I had the chills. I had a pretty good spot but even so just being there, the energy, nothing can beat that.

No doubt you'll find people just looking for an excuse to party and get drunk at any sports championship celebration. I haven't yet seen any footage of today's Blackhawks parade, but in 2010 I remember seeing some "long time die-hard" fans interviewed whose statements made it obvious that they had first seen a puck no more than a few months prior. But I'm pretty sure the majority of people celebrating were at least somewhat familiar with hockey.

I'm not sure I'd call the turnout in 2010 and today as bandwagon jumping. True, the Hawks were getting crowds of only 12,000 or less no more than six years ago. But many true fans were so alienated for so long by the attitude of the previous ownership that it was difficult to support the team any longer. They were just waiting for the right time to return.

Jim

Amazing. Rocky wasnt even in the mix to take over. It was his brother Peter Wirtz who was supposedly next in line...then something family rift happened and it was Rocky's ship. If the word on the street is correct at the time, Peter was supposedly just like the old man and this may have never have happened.

Rocky got his legal team involved. He took over. Hired John McDonough and Jay Blunk from the Cubs and the rest is still making history.

The 1st unpopular move they made was firing Denis Savard 4 games into the 08-09 season and hiring Q. That was the BEST thing they ever did. Love me some Savy but he was too much of a players coach.

When I was a junior in college and wife was a senior in HS..we had partial season tickets in the old stadium in the 2nd balcony, 2nd row on the Madison street side. We had them in a group from 87 to 94..

Then they move to the UC...(hated it at 1st); then they started getting rid of the stars...JR, Belfour, etc...that was it for us. We lost track until the day the old man died in October 2007...thats when we went back. Toews and Kane were rookies. The only 3 on the team that were established were Sharp, Seabrook and Keith. the rest of the teams names ended in "OV".

I have no problem with no fans climbing on board. Its great for the game and the sport we enjoy the most.

I said to my wife last night...the parade/rally is really the end of the season now and its brutal. BUT,the convention is in 4 weeks, training camp is at the beginning of September...and the team wont be dismantled like it was in 2010 due to the cap.

Check out this video whic is hilarious and pokes fun at the new crowd of fans. Its the best. They also did one in 2010.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enO7cIu_hjE

yesterday was so bitter sweet because it truly felt like the season is over now, I am looking forward to the draft tomorrow though. Is it October yet?!?

Jay Blunk is an alumnus of the university I attend, in 2010 he brought the Cup to our homecoming and to a local pub, which I was too young to get into. Fast forward to 2013, I am of age to get into the pub so fingers crossed Stanley makes another appearance at our homecoming!

Btw love that video, we found the one for, 2010 back then so we were happy to see they made another

My husband and I rode our bikes down to the UC yesterday to avoid the craziness downtown. It was a good move for many reasons. First of all the crowd was thin and we got a good view of the players and the cup http://instagram.com/p/bHBoLDSMRw/
Best of all, after the busses went by all the cyclists just fell in behind and rode with the group all the way down to Washington and Michigan. So much fun!
Then we met up with some of our other season ticket holder buddies at a bar and watched the rally from there. Truly a wonderful day!!

I just wish the 2013-14 hockey season will get here already. Our baseball teams give us nothing to look forward to here in Chicago and the Bears are still 8 weeks away from the season opener.

And that's something to look forward to? :lmao: (From a born and raised Chicagoan)

My husband and I rode our bikes down to the UC yesterday to avoid the craziness downtown. It was a good move for many reasons. First of all the crowd was thin and we got a good view of the players and the cup http://instagram.com/p/bHBoLDSMRw/
Best of all, after the busses went by all the cyclists just fell in behind and rode with the group all the way down to Washington and Michigan. So much fun!
Then we met up with some of our other season ticket holder buddies at a bar and watched the rally from there. Truly a wonderful day!!

That's a great picture! When they win next year I'll go the UC route. Seems much less crazy than Grant Park.

I'm still on a high from the win! :cool1:

And that's something to look forward to? :lmao: (From a born and raised Chicagoan)

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Good point, but look at it this way....the Bears will bridge us to the start of the home opener / banner raising ceremony / NHL season. Hope they will at least win a game or 2 up to that point.

Just a question for you Chicago fans, how do you feel about the fire sale that took place yesterday? I mean, how many people went out and bought/ordered Bolland shirts and sweaters after Game 6?

Just a question for you Chicago fans, how do you feel about the fire sale that took place yesterday? I mean, how many people went out and bought/ordered Bolland shirts and sweaters after Game 6?

It had to happen with the salary cap. Doesn't bother me in the least. We have several good players in the minors ready to come up next season.

I'm fine with it. IMHO, keeping Bickell was much more important than keeping Bolland and Frolick. Bolland is hurt more often than not and while Frolick could be clutch, I suspect the draft picks will be more valuable in the long run.

Bickell is the closest replacement we have had for Byfuglien (at least in front of the net). The puck always seems to find him when he is camped out in front of the net so I am beyond happy that he is with us for 4 more years!

The one movement that happened yesterday that shocked me (and I apologize in advance for going slightly OT here) was Corey Schneider to the Devils for just a draft pick. :confused: I am guessing they unloaded him simply because no one was willing to take Luongo and his contract. But to give up Schneider for just a draft pick was shocking (to me at least). At least there is no more goalie controversy in Vancouver :rolleyes1

I was not shocked by it, I knew it was coming. How great that he can go home to Toronto and play for his hometown fans! I am a bit sad though.

We are screwed if Bicks doesn't live up to the expectations set after his amazing playoff run

About the whole Vamcouver goalie drama, Luongo wanted out, it seemed set and stone, Schneider was to be their top goalie and Luo would be traded, don't think Luo is very happy about being back his only option would be not show up to training camp and not get paid for the year

Schneider thought he was going to be their starting goaltender, now he will be most likely splitting the season with Marty in NJ

Im also good with it. Bolland has been hurt the last 2 years..bad back. He really had a great cup final series.

Frolik is great on the PK. consiering we got Frolik for Jack Skille 3 years ago was a steal. Considering we now got 2 draft picks in the top 150 for him now is also a steal. He is a 4th line player who was due to make 2.4 million next year.

next in line coming up from Rockford that will get a long look will be Brandon Pirri, Jimmy Hayes, Jeremy Morin and Ben Smith.

Also...dont be shocked fellow fans of the feathers is Razor is back. Im hearing some things.

Now for Bickell....it took the Hawks 3 years to find a replacement for Buff. Bicks had a great 2 months. Now I need to see him be consistent. He is now being paid a top 6 salary. (up there with 19, 88, 10, 81, 7 and 2)

He is now a top 6 forward on this team and is not being paid to be a 3rd liner anymore.

I think Stan overpaid. It woulda been great to get him at 2.5 to 3 mil a year. But 4 million is a bit too much..time will tell.

I personally think Stan was hearing some things that Bickell was gonna be offered a bigger contract from someone and Stan didnt want to chance it.

Being an UFA..Hawks woulda got nothing in return if he signed somewhere else. Now, at least he can be traded down the line and they will get something in return/

There were a lot of very good players traded after the last Stanley Cup. I think the priority this time was signing Bickell. I'm fine with the trades.

'Hawks fans, I am sincerely feeling sorry for you guys. You guys are the 1st team to win 2 Cups in the salary cap era, and your reign has begun with 2 HUGE taintings. First, Belushi hoists the Cup on the ice like he scored the game winner. Now, not only does Beiber besmirch the Cup with his mere pressence, but he STANDS ON THE LOGO while taking a picture of the Cup??? :furious:

Yikes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter