NHL CBA - Lockout. UPDATE(1/11) The Season's Back On! Let Fantasy Hockey Begin

It looks like they are close, and I have a feeling we'll be getting some good news very soon. My only question is, why weren't they this determined and driven back in September when they could've saved not only the season, but a lot of good will too?

Cause now they are looking at full seaon cancle & that hurts more than partial season.

From programs here they are saying good movement since they removed Fehr, Bettman & Jacobs from the table.

Also rumor that NHLPA was advised to have players ready to practice next week.

MickeySP said:
Cause now they are looking at full seaon cancle & that hurts more than partial season.

From programs here they are saying good movement since they removed Fehr, Bettman & Jacobs from the table.

Also rumor that NHLPA was advised to have players ready to practice next week.

Unfortunately, Bettman and Fehr will be back in the room today. That's a step back IMO

I read somewhere that they want to make an announcement of a deal by Friday. Fingers crossed!

I was in NYC yesterday and the NHL store was PACKED. I guess fans are in withdrawal?

kimblebee said:
Know why? Because Bettman and Fehr were in the room. I think we are about to see the season fall apart. Stupid, stupid, stupid!

This this exactly this. Things were going fine! Grrr

I was talking to my DBF this morning and he is in the "I don't want an agreement right now" camp.

Why? He wants Canada to have a stacked World Junior team :rotfl:

1novascotian said:
I was talking to my DBF this morning and he is in the "I don't want an agreement right now" camp.

Why? He wants Canada to have a stacked World Junior team :rotfl:

LOL he's got a point...sort of. I still want hockey but I think it's only a matter of time now before we lose the whole season. Sigh

Know why? Because Bettman and Fehr were in the room. I think we are about to see the season fall apart. Stupid, stupid, stupid!

Yup. I don't think this is going to get resolved with either of them in charge. This is Bettman's third lockout and Fehr's second work stoppage in two sports. Any progress that was made was blown because of them and their egos.

I was listening to the Sirrus NHL station on the way to work, they said the players in the room were ready to make a deal but Donald Fehr came in and told them to hold out for a better deal. I think the longer it drags on, the more money he makes. The union should dump him.

I was listening to the Sirrus NHL station on the way to work, they said the players in the room were ready to make a deal but Donald Fehr came in and told them to hold out for a better deal. I think the longer it drags on, the more money he makes. The union should dump him.

I think Fehr is just as bad as Bettman, they both need to go.

It is hard to have sympathy for the owners on this one though. The owners and GMs all found a way around the last CBA and created a situation that hurt them. Now they are trying to create a new agreement to fix a problem they created.

I think Fehr is just as bad as Bettman, they both need to go.

It is hard to have sympathy for the owners on this one though. The owners and GMs all found a way around the last CBA and created a situation that hurt them. Now they are trying to create a new agreement to fix a problem they created.

I hate that they are saying they want the players' contracts to be 5 years max. They agreed to these stupid contracts in the first place and now they don't want to honor them? I wish the owners & players would work it out on their own without Bettman & Fehr getting involved. Those two need to go.

I hate that they are saying they want the players' contracts to be 5 years max. They agreed to these stupid contracts in the first place and now they don't want to honor them? I wish the owners & players would work it out on their own without Bettman & Fehr getting involved. Those two need to go.

I don't think they are trying to not honor exisiting contracts, it's future contracts. They did make a consession for 7 years for teams resigning a player.

I don't think they are trying to not honor exisiting contracts, it's future contracts. They did make a consession for 7 years for teams resigning a player.

I didn't mean it like that. I know they'll be honored. I just meant they are the people agreeing to these contracts & signings and now they're going to cry foul?

I didn't mean it like that. I know they'll be honored. I just meant they are the people agreeing to these contracts & signings and now they're going to cry foul?

I think the issue is one team offering a player 10 year deal, that puts the pressure on other teams to match it if they want to get him. Or puts pressure on teams to sign other big players for long contracts if they want to keep them. It's a risk, especially for teams that are not in good financial condition.

A little birdie texted me this morning that the lockout is over.... Can Anyone confirm this for me?

Yes it's over! I started a thread on it but there aren't many details at this point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter