NHL CBA - Lockout. UPDATE(1/11) The Season's Back On! Let Fantasy Hockey Begin

Happy Lockout Day :( I hate that it's the fans who are punished because of the owners/players greed. You would be NOTHING without the fans!

Arg I hate this! I'm going to wear all my bruins gear, hunt down Bettman and smack him offside the head. Then I'm going to lock everyone in a room together until they reach a discussion. I won't even allow bathroom breaks to speed up the process :rotfl:

But in all seriousness, this truly sucks. I was hoping to have my boys back and to actually go to a few of the early season games. Hopefully this is resolved soon....

I really wish they would get rid of that little weasel Bettman. There is no reason for this lockout to be happening.

Agreed. HE is such a weasel.

Now it is the waiting game....wonder what the over/under is on how long this thing will last :-(

I can't believe the guy still has a job. This is the third lockout under his watch. I'm hearing that they want this over by Thanksgiving. Here's hoping we don't lose an entire season again.

I can't believe the guy still has a job. This is the third lockout under his watch. I'm hearing that they want this over by Thanksgiving. Here's hoping we don't lose an entire season again.

He must have pictures of the owners. ANy other business this guy would have been fired after the 1st lockout.

I hope it is over that soon!

Bummer. But I expected this.

Hockey is the only reason I can tolerate winter. :cold:

As someone who had to walk a picket line many moons ago, negotiations will only get serious when the labor stoppage starts to hurt in the wallet. Which means not until we miss the first game of the regular season in October.

Hopefully we'll be back by the Thanksgiving Showdown so HBO can still have time to film 24/7 for a few weeks prior to the upcoming Winter Classic.

I sure hope it's back in time for thanksgiving! That's only 3 weeks from now.

I sure hope it's back in time for thanksgiving! That's only 3 weeks from now.

Depends on if they mean Canadian Thanksgiving or US Thanksgiving.

Canada = Oct 8
US = Nov 22

Something tells me they mean US Thanksgiving. Canadian Thanksgiving wouldn't even be opening day.

DebbieB said:
Depends on if they mean Canadian Thanksgiving or US Thanksgiving.

Canada = Oct 8
US = Nov 22

Something tells me they mean US Thanksgiving. Canadian Thanksgiving wouldn't even be opening day.

Of course I know the different dates of Thanksgiving. It's exactly WHY I said I hope it's over by then. No games would be missed, besides pre-season.

Hockey is Canadian so I think of our Thanksgiving. Of course, it is wishful thinking with things the way they are right now.

jenny105 said:
I mean US Thanksgiving which isn't until late November. Sorry!

Technically they are just saying Thanksgiving. Don't assume they mean yours.

Just to show the depths to which the NHL lockout has reached, (according to Puck Daddy) the sport betting website, Bovada, has posted odds and lines related to the lockout, that people can bet on. Such lines as:

When will the NHL Lockout end?

Will the NHL cancel any regular season games in the 2012-13 season?

Will the NHL cancel the 2012-13 Winter Classic?

And even...

What % of hockey-related revenue will the players receive in year 1 of the new NHL CBA?

I think Harrison Mooney put it best when he said "I'm going to be honest. I like that we live in a world where you can bet on the HRR. It's a world that has its priorities straight, I think."

Hopefully I misunderstood and they do send them. The B's offer a number of payment plans but we pay in full because there is usually a bonus for doing so. A couple of years (including the season after they won the Cup because they weren't expecting it) we had the bonus of team meet and greets. Needless to say that wasn't on the table this year :)

I just received our contigency plan this afternoon. When the Pens won the Stanley Cup, full season ticket holders got to have their photo taken with the Cup - it was unbelievable!

And it has begun...

The fans have taken to youtube and have started making their musical protests.

HERE is one done to Taylor Swift's "Back together"

HERE is one done to "Good old hockey game"

HERE is one done to Jason Mraz's "I'm Your's

jenny105 said:
Considering the season doesn't start until 10/11 I'd say it's a safe assumption.

I will give you that. It just bugs me when Americans (not singling you out) think everything revolves around them.

Either way, let's hope it ends soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter