Nfl Schedule Question

pixiepower04

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know anything about the NFL and how the scheduling works?

We saw Jacksonville Jaguars at home on 28/09/08, this year for the same date (ish) it's away, does this mean that on the same date next year (ish) it's likely to be at home?

Does this make sense?

Try nfl.com for full schedules then there are links to each team site on the team badge. Loads of info there

I'm trying to make sense of how you write the dates over there in the UK. I can tell the 28 is the day. Just can't figure out which is the month and which is the year. :confused: Here in the U.S., we do it like this: Month/Day/Year.

Anyways, I do understand your question. It's never likely to be on or around the same date year after year. Nor would it be a home game the following season. It all depends on how the NFL prepares the schedule. Not saying that it may not happen again. It's very possible it could happen that way.

Plus it also depends on the schedule of the facility. Sometimes the owners of the facility may rent the facility out for special events such as concerts. Therefore the NFL would have to schedule the games around these dates.

Looking at Jacksonville's schedule, I'm guessing you saw a game on August 9,2008. If I'm right, then you saw what they consider to be a Pre-Season game. This was their first game of the Pre-Season. Comparing schedules from last Pre-Season to this Pre-Season; their first game wasn't until August 17,2009, and wasn't played in Jacksonville. So you were right, it was an away game this year. Yet in comparing the schedules from 2006 and 2007, Jacksonville's first Pre-Season games were both away. So I hope I answered your question, and didn't confuse you too much.

Cochise gave good advice by saying go to NFL.Com. This site will help answer other questions you might have.

I'm trying to make sense of how you write the dates over there in the UK. I can tell the 28 is the day. Just can't figure out which is the month and which is the year. :confused: Here in the U.S., we do it like this: Month/Day/Year.

Strangely enough we make the date in order, going up in terms of duration of the time period, so Day, month, year. so today would be 02/11/09.

Strangely enough we make the date in order, going up in terms of duration of the time period, so Day, month, year. so today would be 02/11/09.

Thanks for the clarification. Now I know which game the OP saw. It wasn't a pre-season game as I first thought. I apologize for that. It was a regular season game.

But as I stated earlier, it still depends on how the NFL schedules the game. Looking back at the schedule for JJ on or around the same time each year; in 2008, Jacksonville was at home. in 2007 they had a bye week, which means they didn't have to play that week. Each team gets one bye week per season, and no telling what week they will get. In 2006, they were away. In 2005, they were away. So there is no set pattern as to when games will be scheduled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter