NFL game ticket$

We recently toured our NFL team's stadium and purchased some tickets for our family. Yes it is very $$$. One of the games was $300+ for upper level seats!

I just looked on ticketmaster and most of the games are already soldout unless you want to spend $500.00 per ticket. you have to buy the cheap seats as soon as they go on sale.

close, but not really. BSLady started a thread about kids up and down from their seats and selfies wit food while at a Red Sox game. She then went on about the cost of the tickets and then about the cost at Yankee Stadium. She mentioned spending upwards of almost $1000 just for tickets for a family of 4.... wasn't any bragging
it was not a bragging post, we spend close to a grad for our family of five for a Yankees game.

Sorry if I'm repeating, but def wait until after the season starts to buy tickets. If the Giants aren't doing well after the first few games, you might see somewhat of a drop in price. Here in Buffalo, people are always gung ho before the season starts and tickets are outrageous. But as the Bills disappoint, ticket prices come down. Particularly in the winter when no one wants to go to the games.

Last edited:
to the OP, go to the teams website, and look at their ticket section, for the ticket exchange. It is likely the lowest markup. Stubhub, etc., is likely higher, just from some of the limited things I have looked at in the past. Stay away from craigslist, backpage, etc. if it sounds to good to be true, it is.

to the $1000 for a game experience. Easily spend that for two people or more. I think our 4 run about 1400-1500(or 350 or so a seat) a game, plus parking adds maybe 20-25. I didn't go check what we spent before typing here but it is around there.

So, you take tickets, add on some tailgate supplies, and then drinks and food inside, and a souvenir if necessary, you easily add $100-125 per person. It is just what it is. Very corporate, very different than what it used to be. while there are still rabid fans, it just isn't like it used to be. it has gone from the football game as being the event, to attending is the event, and, by the way, there is a football game going on.

and, btw, I would guess that NYC and other places would be more expensive

Ummm, there are no cheap NFL tickets. Especially in NY!

Actually, when the Broncos built their new stadium it was written into the contract that 2,000 tickets will be sold at half-off face value for each home game. You know, so the little people whose tax money was partly used to build the stadium could maybe afford to attend a game there! I find it funny that we practically just moved here and I know about this (because I am a supreme cheap-a$$) while locals who have been Bronco fans for years and years have never heard of this! Makes for less competition in getting seats when the purchasing window opens up each year. We’ll be seeing Peyton play Saturday night and checking out his arm (and fingers).

Anyway, I just Googled Giants half price tickets. No dice.
Not sure what you mean about people not knowing about the cheap tickets. They are sold out within an hour when tickets go on sale. My son was online at the exact moment tickets went on sale and could not score any of the cheap ones for any of the games he wants to go to. If you got some of the few 2,000 cheap tickets, especially for any of the rival games, consider yourself almost winning the lottery.

We have season tickets, but since we moved, we just give them to our kids. We will never give up our rights for Bronco tickets as there is way too long of a wait list. We were getting of the age though when the big screen tv, close bathrooms, heat and cheaper beer was sounding so much better. We give a ton of tickets away.

We kept it cheap. Picked up Subway, snacks and some drinks on the way down. We also took the RTD Bronco Ride (bus) down, so no exorbitant parking costs. We would probably have a beer, but that would be it for our costs.

I agree to wait until a game is closer. If people don't sell their tickets, they usually lower the price a bit.

to the OP, go to the teams website, and look at their ticket section, for the ticket exchange. It is likely the lowest markup. Stubhub, etc., is likely higher, just from some of the limited things I have looked at in the past. Stay away from craigslist, backpage, etc. if it sounds to good to be true, it is.

to the $1000 for a game experience. Easily spend that for two people or more. I think our 4 run about 1400-1500(or 350 or so a seat) a game, plus parking adds maybe 20-25. I didn't go check what we spent before typing here but it is around there.

So, you take tickets, add on some tailgate supplies, and then drinks and food inside, and a souvenir if necessary, you easily add $100-125 per person. It is just what it is. Very corporate, very different than what it used to be. while there are still rabid fans, it just isn't like it used to be. it has gone from the football game as being the event, to attending is the event, and, by the way, there is a football game going on.

and, btw, I would guess that NYC and other places would be more expensive

Thanks for this info! This is pretty much what my dh said. It's basically a corporate event now with corporate/write off prices. Most people are able to write off the expense of the event as client entertainment. The answer to my question what family would / could pay $1000 for a game is: not many!

My husband's cousin has season tickets that he bought like 10+ years ago or more. Smart people.

I want the club / chase lounges seats, too, so those are at least $500 for less desirable games.

Thanks for this info! This is pretty much what my dh said. It's basically a corporate event now with corporate/write off prices. Most people are able to write off the expense of the event as client entertainment. The answer to my question what family would / could pay $1000 for a game is: not many!

My husband's cousin has season tickets that he bought like 10+ years ago or more. Smart people.

I want the club / chase lounges seats, too, so those are at least $500 for less desirable games.
another idea, is to take your son to west point for an army football game. tickets are only $50.00 per person.

another idea, is to take your son to west point for an army football game. tickets are only $50.00 per person.

That is an idea I haven't thought of, but it has to be the NY Giants.

Preseason tickets for tomorrow are only $200 each for club seats!

The club seats are nice and comfortable and all, but IMHE you really miss out on the full stadium experience from there. Unless Giant's stadium is different from what I'm used to, the club seats usually aren't "in the thick" of the crowd and you lose a lot of the atmosphere. For your kids first NFL game, I think being in the stands where you really feel the energy of the crowd is what makes the experience so awesome.

Maybe NFL games are different, since it's such a corporate atmosphere, but I've always told my mom that no matter how much money we have, I'm never getting club seats -- I might as well watch the game from home.

The club seats are nice and comfortable and all, but IMHE you really miss out on the full stadium experience from there. Unless Giant's stadium is different from what I'm used to, the club seats usually aren't "in the thick" of the crowd and you lose a lot of the atmosphere. For your kids first NFL game, I think being in the stands where you really feel the energy of the crowd is what makes the experience so awesome.

Maybe NFL games are different, since it's such a corporate atmosphere, but I've always told my mom that no matter how much money we have, I'm never getting club seats -- I might as well watch the game from home.

The actual seats are not outside of the action at MetLife. You get access to the club area which is behind the seating, where you have nice bathrooms with minimal wait time, access to food much easier/quicker, just a nice experience. It's basically a lounge that you can hang out in and watch the game from there if you choose. The actual seats are right out with everyone else, though. I have been in these seats and it is a very nice experience.

nfl tix are so not cheap almost everywhere. Just think baseball - 162 games/81 at home, hockey- 82/41 at home, basketball- 82/41 at home. Football 16 games/ 8 at home, suppl & demand. Before anyone preseason, yeah but really? It's preseason.

$100 would get you to the parking lot of a Pats game. This year it will be even worse with the SB win.

We have hockey season tix and when they played Canucks for the Cup we couldn't attend a particular home game. We paid for the entire season thanks to a rabid Vancouver fan:jumping1:
Absolutely right! I pay $2400 for box seats at Doak Campbell stadium. Of course that's ticket, food and alcohol.

The actual seats are not outside of the action at MetLife. You get access to the club area which is behind the seating, where you have nice bathrooms with minimal wait time, access to food much easier/quicker, just a nice experience. It's basically a lounge that you can hang in and watch the game from there if you choose. The actual seats are right out with everyone else, though. I have been in these seats and it is a very nice experience.
If you only want club seats, of course you are going to pay through the nose. $1,000 is not out of line at all for premium seats.

If you only want club seats, of course you are going to pay through the nose. $1,000 is not out of line at all for premium seats.

Yep. Now that I'm over the sticker shock I have to determine if it is worth it to us. It's not that the money isn't there, but as with just about everything in life there are trade offs.

Yep. Now that I'm over the sticker shock I have to determine if it is worth it to us. It's not that the money isn't there, but as with just about everything in life there are trade offs.

OP, I'm a total seat snob (this applies to everything: sporting events, theater, concerts, etc. ) I would rather pay extra to have better seats and completely enjoy the experience, than have a so-so time in seats that might have saved me a couple of hundred dollars (yet, were still pricey), and be kicking myself when all things are said and done.

For example, I paid $280 per ticket for 50 yard line seats about 12 rows back from the field on the Chiefs side for the 12/13 KCvsSD game at Arrowhead this year. I won't buy club level seats at Arrowhead because it's an older stadium (yes, they had a remodel) and their club level gets extremely crowded, especially during cold weather games. Now, I will pay for club level seats at Ray Jay to see the Bucs (I know, I know it's the Bucs) because the layout reduces crowds and services that are offered are much more worth the value.

What I'm trying to convey is, do your research on Club Level vs Non-Club Level at Met Life before purchasing to ensure the value of the higher priced tickets. At the end of they day only you truly know what your comfort level will be for the cost of this experience. I don't criticize people's seat choices.

Whatever you decide, have fun! I'm sure your son will love it no matter what!!!

ETA: We buy our tickets directly from the Chiefs as soon as single game tickets go on sale. I echo the sentiments of trying the NFL Ticket exchange if you can't get tickets directly from the Giants.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter