Next years theme for the Disney Parks.

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by Queenofspoons, Aug 23, 2012.

1. jsebsirois

jsebsirois DIS Veteran

How about ''Let the Profit Begin''

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Queenofspoons

Queenofspoons Dreaming of Disney World

Or a Year Of A Million Dollars.

4. ThurlFan

ThurlFan Grim Ghost

Or Year of a Million Stock Options

5. Figment1990

Figment1990 DIS Veteran

Good one! :lmao:

6. JoQuo711

JoQuo711 Mouseketeer

It does sound pretty un-original for Disney, but in a year where it seems the main focus will be the revitalization and grand re-opening of Fantasyland, "Celebrate the Magic" (Kingdom) really does kind of make sense.

7. mm1971

mm1971 DIS Veteran

How about: "We built it and the voice said you would come!"
    :thumbsup2

8. Shannalee724

Shannalee724 Mouseketeer

Omg!!!! I just had the best laugh in a LONG time!!! Thanks everyone!!!

9. Queenofspoons

If we need more proof to my "Magic" theory, the new RFDI armbands are going to be called "Magic Bands."

10. MouseEarsForAll

MouseEarsForAll Oh snap! I get to hold the trophy?!

Yeah, put them on your arm and they "magically" extract money from your wallet. ;)

11. OldsDr

OldsDr DIS Veteran

It sounds like a great way to reuse music from the 25th anniversary

That was "Remember the magic" correct?

12. mcd2745

mcd2745 These Mickey pretzels are making me thirsty!

Yep. I can still hear that one in my head: "It's time to re-member the magic..."

However, I don't think they will break out the pink castle again (although I didn't despise it the way so many others did).

13. OldsDr

OldsDr DIS Veteran

I was down there twice for the cake castle, did not mind the first time, was ready to see it go on the second trip.

But, the music was good, and I can see them reusing it, simply by changing one word. I bet a lot of people would not even make the connection, either for not visiting then, or simple forgetfulness.

14. Queenofspoons

Official announcement from this morning in New York, next years theme is "Limited Time Magic", they are going to offer one time events all year (valentines day event, 4th of July event, a rare character event, a pirate week, and a villains day on the 13th of September).

I have one nitpick, the name, I hope this will only be the name of the events and not the theme itself, also this will run only for the year 2013.

15. jgh

jgh Peter Pan!

"Limited-Time Magic"...? What an awful name! :crazy2:

16. mcd2745

mcd2745 These Mickey pretzels are making me thirsty!

I agree the name stinks...but I think the concept is pretty good actually. Plus, each "mini-theme" could be like a test for things that could become "regular" events in the future if they are received well.

17. Queenofspoons

Even worse is the logo for the event, what appears to be a early 90s-ish picture of Mickey Mouse standing in front of a clock paired with red Mickey Mouse type font with the color fading to white in the last few letters (I'm a graphic Design student if your curious). You can see it in the link bellow:

http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney...e-dust-to-disney-park-guests-in-2013-1-58035/

I do have to admit I like the idea of the Valentines Day Celebration, it would attract couples from all around, and I'm glad to hear they will be doing more for the 4th of July.

18. jgh

jgh Peter Pan!

I actually think I'd have to be convinced the concept is good. Granted, I haven't read up on it much (sooo busy today), but from what I understand they're only doing special events during CERTAIN times. And will those certain events not bring INSANE crowds? Or what about people would would like to maybe experience something on a visit during a time when they don't have an "event" planned.

I just miss the Year of a Million Dreams. I want another Dream Fastpass. :cheer2: ...I guess you can't have that EVERY year.

19. Jays2013

Jays2013 Mouseketeer

I do wish they'd announce the schedule. We're booking Friday and tried to pick a time of year when things wouldn't be crazy ... with two little boys. I'd hate to pick a generally slower time and then have things go nutso because something special is going on that time.

That said, the idea is neat. :) I love the idea of the older, more unusual characters getting trotted out again.

20. lockedoutlogic

lockedoutlogic DIS Veteran

I say the direct approach:

"BUY MORE CRAP!"

21. ChrisFL

ChrisFL Disney/Universal Fan and MALE

I almost like it better than "Limited Time Magic"

seriously, its completely awful. When I first heard it, I didn't even realize it was their promo name for this year. :confused3