Next weeks weather looking horrible

FDV

Mouseketeer
The weather forecast for next week looks just terrible. There is a sever storm front coming through that will bring cold weather and rain all weak. I am considering postponing our trip for a week or two. I don't mind a little cool weather or rain, but this looks like it could be a disaster if we go.

Does anyone know if WDW will adjust reservations like that without a big penalty? I'll probably wait another day or two to see how the forecast shapes up before making a decision. Any advice on this dilemma would be helpful.

Looks fine to me...highs in the 70s? Lows in the 50s? :confused3 I'd just wear my raincoat and go.

I know! We have had our trip planned for 9 months! It is my DS (8) first trip and mine and DH first trip since our honeymoon 10 years ago! Not to mention that we are bringing the grandparents! UGH! Two days ago the weather looked wonderful. Maybe it will change again in the next few days (one can hope). :confused:

Yeah, I just looked at the 10 day and that forcast doesnt really look a whole lot different than most of our days in Central Florida. Even if a front does come down and stall out, it doesnt mean rain all day every day, it will probably be off an on. If you change your dates, there is no guarantee that it wouldnt be the same then. In addition, February tends to be when we have severe weather associated with fronts, like our tornadoes last year...

I see 60's and 70's in the 10 day forecast. Thats warm enough for me! We're leaving Michigan on Friday at the beginning of a severe cold snap! High temps in the teens! :rotfl2: :banana: :cloud9: :woohoo: :beach: :sunny: :cool1:

The forecasters in Orlando can't get the forecast right the day of the forecast - I wonder how they can do it with accuracy a week out. I went in December - forecast was for heavy rain - it was beautiful all day. Rain happens.

I'm going next week, and I am mentally prepared for cool weather. I went last February, and had 2 days in the 50's and lows below freezing, and a constant cold blustery wind. So if I get weather better than that, I will be thrilled! :)

www.wftv.com is a great local weather station. I find them very accurate. We have very dry conditions here in the area. I would rather have rain that brush fires.

The forecasters in Orlando can't get the forecast right the day of the forecast - I wonder how they can do it with accuracy a week out. I went in December - forecast was for heavy rain - it was beautiful all day. Rain happens.

My thoughts exactly. They are NEVER right around here, even on the 11:00 nightly news, they are often incorrectly predicting the weather for the next day. Dont sweat it...even if there is alot of rain, there will more than likely be periods of sun.

Does anyone know if WDW will adjust reservations like that without a big penalty? I'll probably wait another day or two to see how the forecast shapes up before making a decision. Any advice on this dilemma would be helpful.

The only time Disney would waive any penalties (if there even are any) is in the event of a natural disaster like a flood, fire, hurricane. Not just because the forecast looks bad right now.

At this point, changing to the next week might not even be feasible. If the resorts are booked, they are booked. They won't give you higher consideration for that either.

Cheer up - I just looked at a headline in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that is blaring the area is going to be a mess tomorrow. Rain, ice, maybe some snow. Sure. In the north of the state! People are already running out to grocery stores and stocking up on bread, milk and eggs. If it rains tomorrow, I'll be surprised. And happy because that helps out with our record setting drought.

My thoughts exactly. They are NEVER right around here, even on the 11:00 nightly news, they are often incorrectly predicting the weather for the next day. Dont sweat it...even if there is alot of rain, there will more than likely be periods of sun.
That's all forecasters, not just in Orlando.

Looks like the forecast changes by the hour. I guess that's just FL weather. If it rains in Orlando, then maybe we'll head to Bush Gardens one of those days. Chances are one of them will have better weather than the other.

We've been to WDW 5 times, and I think we've only been rained on 3 days, so I guess I'm spoiled.

The only time Disney would waive any penalties (if there even are any) is in the event of a natural disaster like a flood, fire, hurricane. Not just because the forecast looks bad right now.

At this point, changing to the next week might not even be feasible. If the resorts are booked, they are booked. They won't give you higher consideration for that either.

Cheer up - I just looked at a headline in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that is blaring the area is going to be a mess tomorrow. Rain, ice, maybe some snow. Sure. In the north of the state! People are already running out to grocery stores and stocking up on bread, milk and eggs. If it rains tomorrow, I'll be surprised. And happy because that helps out with our record setting drought.

Crap! I have to fly to Atlanta on Wednesday.

I'm hoping it changes- this is the first time my DH and I have had a break from our kids in forever- we've been planning this trip for my bday since summer!

Rain Rain Go Away!!!

I'm with you, disnut8! I live in the area, and any form of wet stuff is welcome!!!!

Florida weather for rain beyond 3 days is a crap shoot. They can get a good idea on temps 5 - 7 days out.

Donr sweat it. Anything after Feb 1st, get back into the more corwded times of the year.

Sorry if some rain will ruin your trip but we desperately need the rain. From Orlando south. Like SafetyMom said better rain than brush fires. Imagine a trip to Disney and fires are all around. Try breathing that in. Plus most people leave the parks when it rains and its great. We'll be there 1/26 - 1/28. I say let it rain.

The weather forecast for next week looks just terrible. There is a sever storm front coming through that will bring cold weather and rain all weak. I am considering postponing our trip for a week or two. I don't mind a little cool weather or rain, but this looks like it could be a disaster if we go.

We went to Disney and Hurricane Ophelia approached Florida just off the East coast. If it hadn't been for the TV telling us it was as close to us as it was, we wouldn't have even known about it. We had the best trip by far, because noone was in the parks and we barely even experienced any rain. You could literally walk off and on anything. The weather forecasters do their best, but I wouldn't cancel my vacation upon predictions, unless you can literally see it happening beforehand. You may have to cover up from some rain, but it will most certainly lower attendance, which will amke it more convenient for you to experience everything without waiting for it.:thumbsup2

We were there also as Ophelia passed by (before Wilma did her damage to us down here) and I agree it was like nothing was going on. I am hoping for low crowds next 1/24-1/27 since we will be there. Low temps are also good. And I agree we need the rain - strictest water restrictions went into effect today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter