Next round of Fastpass testing 9/18

Well, I ended up getting two postcards in the mail inviting us to test the FastPass+ system, one for each segment of our split stay. I had to call to find out how to sign up, because I'd already signed up with one reservation and there wasn't anywhere to enter another number. I ended up having to create another account under a different email address to do it.

I will say that I appreciate this other set of FP more, because we can use them on our arrival day when we will not be getting to MK until lunch time. That situation makes them seem more valuable. We already had a to-do list for the day, consisting of six attractions. Planning the FP times required me to actually think about exactly which order we wanted to do them in, but I think it will work out, and we still have an hour between attractions to fit in whatever else we want to do.

I got meet Mickey & Minnie at 11:00-12:00, Space Mountain at 12:00-1:00, we want to have lunch at Columbia Harbour, hit Tom Sawyer Island, then I got Thunder Mt at 2:00-3:00, and Barnstormer at 3:25-4:25.

ETA: I suppose that if one of those isn't going to work out, we just won't use it. At least, with this test, we won't be any worse off than we would have been going in with no FP in hand.

hopefully you will let us all know how the test went....

I'm so hoping that most will tell disney that it is to restrictive.

I wish they would something like give everyone in your party say...6 FP for the day, and then use it when you wish....that way everyone in the park has the same number of free front of the line rides, and you can use them as you wish, when you wish.

I am with you, we hate to plan and we go for 3 weeks at a time...who wants to deal with that , and I am for sure at my age not waiting on a line..this is all very discouraging... maybe not going so much in the future...:(

My family was selected for testing, we arrive on 9/22, i'm a little weary about the concept, I don't like micromanaging our time in WDW, but the thought of getting prime seating for wishes without staking out a spot 5 hours early is pretty enticing...

I've seen it mentioned a few times and if it's been answered, I missed it.

How does having a smartphone factor into this and/or make it easier?

I may be in the minority here but I kind of like this idea and think it is really great for people with small children. I mean if your kids are all about the characters and/or a specific attraction I would certainly be sure to schedule their rides and meet and greets ahead of time just like the ADR's not only for saving time but to guarantee it. So, for those who are testing it out yes consider your needs and/or wants first but maybe try to see how it could benefit others.

Has anyone who signed up received their passes in the mail yet? Ours have not arrived.

I was told if you don't receive them before your trip (we won't because we are heading on another trip the week before we head to Disney and not stopping home in between) that they can be picked up at the Magical Express counter at the airport.

We are testing and I went to fill in attractions and times yesterday, but now I am worried that there is a glitch in our account. Everyone in our group is listed twice, so technically, though there are four of us (one 1-year-old included) we are able to get 8 fastpasses per person. I don't know if this is just how everyone's account works or not so I don't want to take advantage of the system. Technically, we could plan our entire day at the MK with back to back fastpass+ at this point.

diamondpixienc said:
I may be in the minority here but I kind of like this idea and think it is really great for people with small children. I mean if your kids are all about the characters and/or a specific attraction I would certainly be sure to schedule their rides and meet and greets ahead of time just like the ADR's not only for saving time but to guarantee it. So, for those who are testing it out yes consider your needs and/or wants first but maybe try to see how it could benefit others.

I have a question, and please note I am not angry, upset, or trying to flame or anything like that. Why should I see how this could benefit others? I did my selections and it took such a long time to figure out. It made me not like this or the Fasspass idea all together. I am sorry if I am not considering someone else's needs, but my needs are to have a stress free vacation with some spontaneity, and this does not make that possible. So far as a whole I do not like this, and I plan to tell them that.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

mskayjay said:
Not liking this at all...... I know, I know...to each their own but for us, vacation is about having some spontaneity and not having to live by schedules. I hate that we have to already be tied down to our ADRs and now this. We plan and schedule less and less now that we are child-free at WDW and hopefully this plan will still allow for the flexibility that people like us prefer.

Ok, I must be a REAL minority then as I have 2 small children & plan nothing, schedule nothing. In August, we had 1 appointment for Harmony (1st ever ADR) & all we did was complain that we HAD to be there at x time. Agreed that next time we will go back to the pop-in approach. Just not our thing! We go, see what we see, ride what we want, wait when are in the mood, avoid when we aren't, just enjoy our free time. I was ok with FP when I could use when I wanted. We didn't use with enforced times at all. I would prefer to see FB follow Mr. Toad out the backdoor. No interest at all in scheduling out ride times prior to arrival! No thanks. I have enough schedules in my life!

I have a question, and please note I am not angry, upset, or trying to flame or anything like that. Why should I see how this could benefit others? I did my selections and it took such a long time to figure out. It made me not like this or the Fasspass idea all together. I am sorry if I am not considering someone else's needs, but my needs are to have a stress free vacation with some spontaneity, and this does not make that possible. So far as a whole I do not like this, and I plan to tell them that.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I agree with you 100%.

I too understand that there are people that like to plan, and that this system seems to be geared toward those. If your a planner...thats great! But i know that having older kids its a PITA... they don't want to stand idly around waiting in fantasyland with nothing to do (but shop...and wow that could be a budget killer lol)
We don;thave the restrictions that those with small children have. We don;t need naps, and have to eat every 4 hrs. We just go where the moment takes us..until our ADR.
I am hoping disney can find a happy middle ground for all situations.

We leave in 9 days :thumbsup2 and we got a FastPass+ invitation in the mail Monday.

It says, "As a Guest using Disney's Magical Express Service, you may have the opportunity to participate in an exclusive test taking place during your upcoming visit."

It kinda stinks because the it's for the day we get there and we have reservations for Le Cellier for dinner, but we're gonna try it out. I'm just excited we got picked for something. LOL.

I used the word "consider" in front of "your" needs. MY BAD Now, I sincerely meant to say yes, be honest and express YOUR PERSONAL OPINION. I just hope there are some other options other than Yea Or Nay. Maybe even a suggestion area available.

I like the Fastpass+ idea and I am not a planner. Pick my fav rides during peak times? I can see this working well with rides like Peter Pan or TSMM at DHS. I went one summer and got PP FPs at 1pm and the return time was 7!!! When I enjoy a particular ride, I want to go on it multiple time regardless that I'll have to walk across all of MK. So for me, it's no biggie that FP times are enforced. Now, CMs should give a little leeway if it's not terribly busy at the time and accept people a bit late.

I got my FP+'s in the mail today. Here are the pics:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2991724

Just wondering how long it took to arrive? I went through a AAA agent so they are getting all my mail including this invitation. So I completed the online information and now am thinking the tickets will arrive at the AAA office! Argh... I don't have time before I leave to run over to their office again -

EDIT: AAA just called me, they've already received the Fast Passes - that was, well, FAST! :)

diamondpixienc said:

I agree! I think I would love this feature as to not miss some of our must dos!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We were selected to "test" for our stay 9/20-27. We were selected because we're flying into MCO and utilizing the magical express. I'm not a huge fan of the new system but then again I wasn't exactly a big fan of the old system either. Our fast pass cards arrived the other day, so I'll see how it works out. Personally I think that a "Single-rider" line on all of the major attractions would be the best way to go and just get rid of FP all together. Just my opinion though.:scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter