Next round of Fastpass testing 9/18

We got selected and I must say as impressive as this is, I already really do not like it one bit. I would at least like the option of telling it what time I would like. None of the options work as they all revolve around my dinning plans. If I could at least tell the system what time I was looking for that would be helpfull. The thing I really don't like is now Disney wants us to plan out everything about our vacations. I like to be a little spontaneous at the parks. This kinda eliminates that to a certain extent but does not fully eliminate it. Next thing you know, you will be able to reserve restroom time. So, I will try it out, but I don't like it and plan on letting Disney know. Not that it will make a huge difference as they have spent millions on this.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Just something else for people that should go to OPA Over Planer's Anonymous.

After I get on the plane to come to WDW, my watch comes off.

I got the email today (we'll be there on the 18th). I'm having the same issue registering also. I guess I'll call tomorrow if I can't figure it out.
I called this morning and got a great CM on the phone, but we still weren't able to get it to work. Here's what she had me do, based on problems others were having, maybe it will help you:

Open a new browser
Manually enter the URL, don't copy and paste
Manually enter the reservation ID, don't copy and paste
(still didn't work for me)
Clear cookies
Repeat
(still didn't work for me)

She said there will be two kiosks set up at the Magical Express check in area, with CMs standing by to help me register when I get there.

We got selected and I must say as impressive as this is, I already really do not like it one bit. I would at least like the option of telling it what time I would like. None of the options work as they all revolve around my dinning plans. If I could at least tell the system what time I was looking for that would be helpfull. The thing I really don't like is now Disney wants us to plan out everything about our vacations. I like to be a little spontaneous at the parks. This kinda eliminates that to a certain extent but does not fully eliminate it. Next thing you know, you will be able to reserve restroom time. So, I will try it out, but I don't like it and plan on letting Disney know. Not that it will make a huge difference as they have spent millions on this.

I'm not sure if I will like it or not, but I'm willing to give it a try (if they're ever able to get me registered). I do make a plan with which park I'm going to on which day, and usually one ADR per day at or near the park I'm planning to be in. Towards the end of the trip I have a day or two with no plans at all. We like to hit the parks on their least crowded days, and avoid EMHs, so I generally know where we will be anyway. That's not a problem. It does seem really strange to choose attraction times so far in advance though.

As long as it was free, no big deal. If I don't use the FP, or give them away, so what. If/when I had to pay for reserving FP so far in advance, well, that I'm not so sure about. I don't think I'd want to be locked in to certain attractions at certain times if I would be PAYING to do it.

I feel the same way about the dining reservations with a penalty. I know people didn't cancel, but I always did, and it's not like they couldn't fill those tables with walk-ups anyway. As a result of the penalty, and the cancellation period, I made far fewer character meal ADRs for this trip than I usually do. I always cancel if I'm not going, but not two days in advance. :headache:

I too had issues and here is the problem I found. My WDW travel reservation number listed on all of my documents is different than the one that come in email re:fastpasses.

Here is what you end up with after you select the events. Essentially you get to pick 4 rides/shows and the times you want to go to them. The fast pass+ cards will arrive in the mail before we leave.

i-pzPhPVs-L.jpg

Jcemom. I do agree with you that I want to give it a try. I just feel that it's taking the spontaneity away. My next trip is 11 nights (thanks DVC) I have zero interest in planing every single day down to what attraction I see and when. There have been times I
Have been in a park and I see a attraction and just say, oh let's go on that. It seems to LE know I have to say, oh wait now it's not the right time, come back in two hours. Or oh wait I can't because I have to go to whatever attraction now. This is really now making me want Fastpass to just go away.

Jcemom. I do agree with you that I want to give it a try. I just feel that it's taking the spontaneity away. My next trip is 11 nights (thanks DVC) I have zero interest in planing every single day down to what attraction I see and when. There have been times I
Have been in a park and I see a attraction and just say, oh let's go on that. It seems to LE know I have to say, oh wait now it's not the right time, come back in two hours. Or oh wait I can't because I have to go to whatever attraction now. This is really now making me want Fastpass to just go away.

I know exactly what you mean! I wonder how far in advance they will have to be booked, when the system is up and running? I really dislike having to choose between making dining reservations six months in advance or not getting any of the "good" ones. It might end up being the same way with the rides...either book them way in advance, wait in long standby lines, or not ride at all. Eek. :crazy2:

jcemom said:
I know exactly what you mean! I wonder how far in advance they will have to be booked, when the system is up and running? I really dislike having to choose between making dining reservations six months in advance or not getting any of the "good" ones. It might end up being the same way with the rides...either book them way in advance, wait in long standby lines, or not ride at all. Eek. :crazy2:

And your post is just why I am not liking this at all. All options being offered to me, conflict with ADR's I have. I guess I could just make my selections and if I don't show oh well. I just really want to try so I can let them know what a bad idea this is.

Although you are given option a, b, c, d... after you select them you can change the return times of each experience individually.

If you want a morning return time, change it to an afternoon time (you're not allowed to have overlapping times) and the morning times will appear.

I was able to get 9am, 10am, 11am, and 12am

Although you are given option a, b, c, d... after you select them you can change the return times of each experience individually.

If you want a morning return time, change it to an afternoon time (you're not allowed to have overlapping times) and the morning times will appear.

Yes, try this. I was able to choose any hour the park was open, pretty much. I assume you could space them out further than an hour too, if you wanted, though I put all mine back to back.

Its to bad that they just dont give you a limited number of fastpass uses for all members of your party...kinda like the dining...and when ever u decide to use them is up to you. At least that way people wont have to micromanage their vacation.

tlseege said:

I too just did that. I got times that worked, but honestly I think the option A,B,C,D thing needs to go. It would have been so much easier if I could just go right to the time selection.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Well said! Rarely bother w/ ADR either - I'd rather live in the moment at WDW.

I would like to be able to "live in the moment" at WDW, but then I also want to eat at the restaurants I like and experience the attractions I like, all without much of a wait. :rotfl:

Eating where I want and seeing what I want trumps living in the moment, so I plan. I see too many people who chose to live in the moment walking up to the restaurants I have ADRs at, asking if they are taking walk-ups, and being upset when they're turned away. I also see them standing in the 60+ minute standby line while I'm breezing past them with my FP in hand, or getting into a long line at an attraction I already rode, twice, at 9:05 am when it was a walk-on. It's at those moments when I know all my planning has paid off. :goodvibes

Now, if you're one of those rare people who truly don't mind standing in line, and truly don't care which restaurants you can get into, then that's different. You will probably live a long, stress-free life, which is awesome! There aren't many people like that, at least not people that *I* know. :thumbsup2

I would like to be able to "live in the moment" at WDW, but then I also want to eat at the restaurants I like and experience the attractions I like, all without much of a wait. :rotfl:

Eating where I want and seeing what I want trumps living in the moment, so I plan. I see too many people who chose to live in the moment walking up to the restaurants I have ADRs at, asking if they are taking walk-ups, and being upset when they're turned away. I also see them standing in the 60+ minute standby line while I'm breezing past them with my FP in hand, or getting into a long line at an attraction I already rode, twice, at 9:05 am when it was a walk-on. It's at those moments when I know all my planning has paid off. :goodvibes

Now, if you're one of those rare people who truly don't mind standing in line, and truly don't care which restaurants you can get into, then that's different. You will probably live a long, stress-free life, which is awesome! There aren't many people like that, at least not people that *I* know. :thumbsup2

I actually do plan our trip I get the ADR, plan what days we will be in which parks, and any special events we want to see...but now having to plan each ride for fast pass is going overboard. I don't want to micromanage our vacation. At least when we are in the parks, its nice to relax and just go. I have 1 tenager, anda 24 year old that just love to wake up at the last possible minute, and fix their hair, do makeup....its a hassle just getting out of the room in the mornng. I like to be at the parks when the gates open...however it doesn't work out that way, so getting the fast passes the way we used worked wonderfully. We would walk up to the 1st ride we wanted, and fass pass it, then wait til we could fast pass anothr, and then we would use them sometime after dinner and before the firework shows so that the day was accomplished. I can't imagine have to tell the kids ok..now we have to be at RR at 11 am then TT at 12pm, then we can do lunch at (hollywood and vine) then you can do what ever and dinner is a 5pm at 50's... the whole day i would be being asked what time is it, and how much more time do we have to go where? ugh!:rolleyes2

I actually do plan our trip I get the ADR, plan what days we will be in which parks, and any special events we want to see...but now having to plan each ride for fast pass is going overboard. I don't want to micromanage our vacation. At least when we are in the parks, its nice to relax and just go. I have 1 tenager, anda 24 year old that just love to wake up at the last possible minute, and fix their hair, do makeup....its a hassle just getting out of the room in the mornng. I like to be at the parks when the gates open...however it doesn't work out that way, so getting the fast passes the way we used worked wonderfully. We would walk up to the 1st ride we wanted, and fass pass it, then wait til we could fast pass anothr, and then we would use them sometime after dinner and before the firework shows so that the day was accomplished. I can't imagine have to tell the kids ok..now we have to be at RR at 11 am then TT at 12pm, then we can do lunch at (hollywood and vine) then you can do what ever and dinner is a 5pm at 50's... the whole day i would be being asked what time is it, and how much more time do we have to go where? ugh!:rolleyes2

I totally agree with you! :thumbsup2

I live a stress filled super scheduled work life. The last thing I want to see on my vacation is another ........ schedule. I also drive in the worst traffic in the country (DC).
The nice thing about going to WDW is I don't have to drive.
If I want to drive on vacation, then I am on my motorcycle rolling through the mountains in west virginia.

The nice thing about going to WDW is I don't have to have a watch.
There is always some place to eat, if the parks are open the the buses are running.
If I want to have a watch on and my phone constantly going off with scheduled reminders, then I should just be at work.

The only reason I take my smart phone into the park is to look up the wait times or to look to see if there is a show in the next 30ish minutes. I wait until the day of or the day before to make ADRs or we just wing it. I have yet to find a restaurant in the parks that I need to eat at that badly that I want to go back to work for.

The fastpass+ and 6moth ADR people need to have there own OPA section of the board.

We aren't much for long lines either ... I was just agreeing with Arthuruscg's comment regarding "over planning". We travel to WDW every 1-2 years and can navigate the fastpass system and crowds well enough that we rarely wait more than 20 minutes for anything.

His comment reminded of the trip we took with my brother and his family - his wife made so many ADR's that their ENTIRE vacation revolved around lunch and dinner.

We only do one special ADR for our trip - the rest just fall into place for us ... we've never had a problem waiting for a table or grabbing a bite to eat somewhere.

We love fastpass though - so I hope the "upgrade" makes it even better. I guess we all wait and see.

We aren't much for long lines either ... I was just agreeing with Arthuruscg's comment regarding "over planning". We travel to WDW every 1-2 years and can navigate the fastpass system and crowds well enough that we rarely wait more than 20 minutes for anything.

His comment reminded of the trip we took with my brother and his family - his wife made so many ADR's that their ENTIRE vacation revolved around lunch and dinner.

We only do one special ADR for our trip - the rest just fall into place for us ... we've never had a problem waiting for a table or grabbing a bite to eat somewhere.

We love fastpass though - so I hope the "upgrade" makes it even better. I guess we all wait and see.

I know people like that too. We aren't that bad lol. I DO make ADRs though, but no more than one per day, usually one every other day. That's because there ARE restaurants on our must-do list. That might be because I still have a young daughter. When she's older we might not care so much about Crystal Palace breakfast or a princess breakfast. We also usually go during free dining, though we don't usually get free dining, but restaurants are pretty full during those time periods. No ADRs and it's all counter service lol. :crazy2:

I'm still undecided about FP+ and will have to just wait to see what I think. I don't like the enforced FP return times, because it requires too strict a schedule. Yes, I can decide if I want to go back in an hour to use that FP before I get it, or if I want to hang in the area for an hour. However, before I could get it and know that I would be back in the area to use it at some point during the day, and that was good enough. I think it was easier. I will roll with the punches though, and probably just use fewer FP. We're testing the FP+ on our upcoming trip. It sure was strange choosing return times NOW.

I know people like that too. We aren't that bad lol. I DO make ADRs though, but no more than one per day, usually one every other day. That's because there ARE restaurants on our must-do list. That might be because I still have a young daughter. When she's older we might not care so much about Crystal Palace breakfast or a princess breakfast. We also usually go during free dining, though we don't usually get free dining, but restaurants are pretty full during those time periods. No ADRs and it's all counter service lol. :crazy2:

I'm still undecided about FP+ and will have to just wait to see what I think. I don't like the enforced FP return times, because it requires too strict a schedule. Yes, I can decide if I want to go back in an hour to use that FP before I get it, or if I want to hang in the area for an hour. However, before I could get it and know that I would be back in the area to use it at some point during the day, and that was good enough. I think it was easier. I will roll with the punches though, and probably just use fewer FP. We're testing the FP+ on our upcoming trip. It sure was strange choosing return times NOW.

hopefully you will let us all know how the test went....

I'm so hoping that most will tell disney that it is to restrictive.

I wish they would something like give everyone in your party say...6 FP for the day, and then use it when you wish....that way everyone in the park has the same number of free front of the line rides, and you can use them as you wish, when you wish.

Not liking this at all...... I know, I know...to each their own but for us, vacation is about having some spontaneity and not having to live by schedules. I hate that we have to already be tied down to our ADRs and now this. We plan and schedule less and less now that we are child-free at WDW and hopefully this plan will still allow for the flexibility that people like us prefer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter