Next DVC Wilderness lodge water cabins or is there more....

csimonri

Earning My Ears
I know that wilderness lodge is getting the cabins on the water added like the Polly .other then that is there any new resorts on the table.... anything else besides these additions to the Wilderness lodge.... any ideas? River country? Something else?

There has been speculation for years about the "next" DVC, but right now, the only one that has been even remotely announced is the VWL expansion :).

Rumor is WL II will include hotel rooms converted. Some early reports were studios only, but plans change.

After WL II, rumors indicate YC/BC hotel room conversions.
All this matches the articles indicating Disney wanted to reduce Deluxe hotel room inventory.

I know that wilderness lodge is getting the cabins on the water added like the Polly .other then that is there any new resorts on the table.... anything else besides these additions to the Wilderness lodge.... any ideas? River country? Something else?

My understanding is that the cabins will be next to the water not on it.

:earsboy: Bill

Rumor is WL II will include hotel rooms converted. Some early reports were studios only, but plans change.

After WL II, rumors indicate YC/BC hotel room conversions.
All this matches the articles indicating Disney wanted to reduce Deluxe hotel room inventory.

maybe this has been discussed in a different thread/forum, but any ideas how they are going to do this? Offer more WL points, interchangeable with the old ones? Will they have a longer expiration date? Thoughts?

maybe this has been discussed in a different thread/forum, but any ideas how they are going to do this? Offer more WL points, interchangeable with the old ones? Will they have a longer expiration date? Thoughts?

They will be new separate DVC resorts with a 50 contract date and their own point charts.

As noted, this appears to be a separate DVC resort with NO crossover access other than the usual DVC 7 month window. This could change but is unlikely to.

They will be new separate DVC resorts with a 50 contract date and their own point charts.

Huh... this kind of blows my mind. I mean, from a logistical standpoint that's probably the best way to handle it but basically you will have no choice to size up or down on accommodations the way it sounds now.

Other TS's have "separate" resorts at a current resort. Marriott's resort on Maui is one example. They had converted a former Marriott hotel to TS way back, around the late 90's. Then a few years ago they built 2 new towers, purpose built as TS villas. They are considered 2 different resorts. The inventory does NOT cross over at all. They are all right on the same property/resort. It can be done.

Other TS's have "separate" resorts at a current resort. Marriott's resort on Maui is one example. They had converted a former Marriott hotel to TS way back, around the late 90's. Then a few years ago they built 2 new towers, purpose built as TS villas. They are considered 2 different resorts. The inventory does NOT cross over at all. They are all right on the same property/resort. It can be done.
I know one resort on Maui that has at least 4 different timeshares with units there. The Marriott is Vail is actually 5 resorts in one and now 2 of them are no longer Marriott because they were not willing to pay for upgrages to keep up with Marriott's standards.

Huh... this kind of blows my mind. I mean, from a logistical standpoint that's probably the best way to handle it but basically you will have no choice to size up or down on accommodations the way it sounds now.
I have no problem with this as long as the new VWL II owners can not book any existing DVC rooms at VWL, and visa versa.

There really are 2 components here. What members at existing resorts prefer and what DVD can legally do. To a large degree, DVD can pretty much do what they want including building an addition or new resort that messes with views or taxes infrastructure. Certainly the feel of a given resort is of no legal consequence legally.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter