News Round Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
WP_20150725_001.jpg

What the stage area currently looks like. DAwM is dark until August 19th, so the area should be complete by then. Hopefully both the walkways will be open then as well

So while they are changing the front of the castle, how about a new stage show. Dream Along with Mickey is about 9 years old, it's been the only show they've had since we've been going with DD. (Cinderellabration went out in 2006.) It's actually a pretty good show, but we no longer stop to watch it because we basically have it memorized now. I suspect we'll probably be waiting another 6 years for a new stage show though.

So while they are changing the front of the castle, how about a new stage show. Dream Along with Mickey is about 9 years old, it's been the only show they've had since we've been going with DD. (Cinderellabration went out in 2006.) It's actually a pretty good show, but we no longer stop to watch it because we basically have it memorized now. I suspect we'll probably be waiting another 6 years for a new stage show though.
How about a new stage show and they take down those Golden Arches.

Some more photos:

The back of the stage
nstageback.jpg

There is a covered section in the back walkway
nsidewalkway.jpg

New restaurant
nrestaurant1.jpg nrestaurant2.jpg

(also, my personal hope is that DAwM never goes away and watch it multiple times I day when I am there, but I understand other may feel differently after 9 years)

(also, my personal hope is that DAwM never goes away and watch it multiple times I day when I am there, but I understand other may feel differently after 9 years)

That's fine - I don't feel that strongly one way or the other. It's just to the point where we've been watching it since our daughter was 4 and now she's 12 and she's bored with it and we're bored with it, so we skip it. There are worst things for sure, so if it stays another ten years I won't feel bad. And there are certainly things we feel the same way about - the Indiana Jones Stunt Show for instance - we never tire of and others would like to see gone. So, if it makes you happy I hope it stays awhile. Just don't expect me to be standing next to you!

Did that CM tell them they were all going to get to ride? I would think they would all be kicked out of the park...
No I think he was telling her that the woman that kept going would be taken out of the queue as well. The CM was just trying to get the two out the queue so no more chaos continued. Unfortunate for the kid that was with them.

Is there anything to read into this (i.e. Cockerell not capable of leading the pending Studios expansion), or is this just your typical, annual shuffling of the suits?
Actually Cockerell is likely being groomed for WDW president after George Kalogridis. MK is the next step before he gets that job. Phil Holmes is 63 and likely to not be around a lot longer. He wouldn't have much say in what's happening at DHS and likely isn't going to be around to see the completion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter