NEWS FLASH: You must be 4YO to go to Disney! Oct '11 PTR, 10/24 WE'RE BACK! p 18

What a great start you have on your Must-Do Lists!
Here's my 2 cents on ideas for a 4YO.....:goodvibes

MK
PUSH the talking trash-can: This is so fun and interactive for little kids. It's kind of hard to know when he'll be around, but be sure to check out this website before you leave for a schedule of "Entertainment" in the Parks: http://wdwent.com/

EPCOT
Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure: This is an awesome, interactive "treasure hunt" for kids of all ages and really gets them interested in the "boring" World Showcase. With our 3 boys, we used to spend most of our time in FutureWorld and just "walk" past most of the countries. Once they tried one Kim Possible Mission, they wanted to complete them ALL. So now we need 3 days to explore ALL of EPCOT.:thumbsup2

What a great start you have on your Must-Do Lists!
Here's my 2 cents on ideas for a 4YO.....:goodvibes

MK
PUSH the talking trash-can: This is so fun and interactive for little kids. It's kind of hard to know when he'll be around, but be sure to check out this website before you leave for a schedule of "Entertainment" in the Parks: http://wdwent.com/

EPCOT
Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure: This is an awesome, interactive "treasure hunt" for kids of all ages and really gets them interested in the "boring" World Showcase. With our 3 boys, we used to spend most of our time in FutureWorld and just "walk" past most of the countries. Once they tried one Kim Possible Mission, they wanted to complete them ALL. So now we need 3 days to explore ALL of EPCOT.:thumbsup2

I just went and looked up PUSH! OMG...that sounds too cute. Caden loves robots so I'm sure he will think PUSH is pretty cool. Thank you so much for suggesting it.

As for Kim Possible... I have gone back and forth a few times about it. I know that our time will be limited in EPCOT, so I think for this trip we are going to pass. It does sound really neat though (I might even want to try it...hehehe)!

Time for my next list of must do attractions. Next park up on the list is Hollywood Studios!

I have only been to HS 2 times....once just a few years after it opened & once in 2006. I enjoyed the park and its attractions and wouldn't want to miss it, but it's not really one of my FAVORITE parks. KWIM?

Hollywood Studios MUST Do's:
Great Movie Ride
Toy Story Mania
Rock N Roller Coaster
Tower of Terror

Lights Motor Action Stunt Show
Backlot Tour
Muppet Vision 3-D
Star Tours
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Fantasmic! (Hopefully with the F! Dining Pkg)

Items of Interest: (we won't be upset if we miss them)
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
Honey I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set Adventure
Pixar Pals Countdown to Fun Parade
Jedi Training Academy
Beauty & The Beast LIVE on Stage

I feel pretty good about our list. The only thing that I have been debating is the Jedi Training Academy. We will probably definitely go & watch the show, but I am up in the air about whether or not I want to try to sign Caden up to be part of the show. He is into Star Wars and I think he would really have fun doing it. He isn't really shy, but I'm also not sure how he will react being on stage in front of lots of people! IDK! Has anyone else had their 4 year old participate? Even if you haven't, what are your thoughts? Should I send Wayne to get TSM Fastpasses so I can get Caden signed up?

I'm looking forward to your feedback on our must do's as well as the Jedi Training Academy.

Not sure, I guess you will have to gauge how he will be about it when you get there or maybe show him some videos and ask him what he thinks? I know if you want him to do it, you need to RUN for it at rope drop, so that may be a big factor to you whether you are wanting to do that.

Not sure, I guess you will have to gauge how he will be about it when you get there or maybe show him some videos and ask him what he thinks? I know if you want him to do it, you need to RUN for it at rope drop, so that may be a big factor to you whether you are wanting to do that.

EVERYTHING I have shown him video's of he has wanted to do! LOL :rotfl:

I know we will have to make a run for it if we want to do it. I will be sending Wayne running the opposite direction to get FastPasses for TSM while we go sign up for the Jedi Training Academy. I know Wayne is a big boy and is more than capable of doing this, but HS is our first park day of the trip. He will have had ZERO experience with Disney, with RD or with fastpasses. I don't want to put a bad taste in his mouth right off the bat! :laughing:

Well, I just learned something. I didn't know you had to sign up to do Jedi training. I always thought they just picked kids out of the audience. I will have to ask my kids if that's something they would like to do.

Just wanted to say about Epcot, that Turtle Talk with Crush was the cutest. It was even great for me and Dh. My kids LOVED it!

Your DHS must dos look pretty similar to mine, so i'd say they look GREAT! No experience with the Jedi training thought sorry!

I recently watched the great movie ride and backlot tour videos on youtube and they look awesome. I can't wait to ride those.

Lights motor action was awesome

And last time we didn't get to ToT and Rock N Rollercoaster I can't wait to do those next time.

The only thing I would consider doing more thinking on is the Balckot tour. It is loooong, and there are parts that for a 4 year old will be boring. Jack and I did this when he was 2.5 and there were parts that grabbed his interest, but the thing he like most was seeing the cars from the Lights Motors Action show when they drove by us preparing for their stunts... so in hindsight we would have been better off going to that show instead.

Well, I just learned something. I didn't know you had to sign up to do Jedi training. I always thought they just picked kids out of the audience. I will have to ask my kids if that's something they would like to do.

I find all my wonderful info out here on the DIS! :disrocks:

From what I understand, they used to just pick kids from the audience. Now, you have to sign up at park opening. The child must be between 4 and 12 years old. They also must be present to sign up. They are asked a serious of simple questions to make sure that they can follow simple commands. Then you are given a return time for whichever show they sign you up for.

Just wanted to say about Epcot, that Turtle Talk with Crush was the cutest. It was even great for me and Dh. My kids LOVED it!

Your DHS must dos look pretty similar to mine, so i'd say they look GREAT! No experience with the Jedi training thought sorry!

I recently watched the great movie ride and backlot tour videos on youtube and they look awesome. I can't wait to ride those.

Lights motor action was awesome

And last time we didn't get to ToT and Rock N Rollercoaster I can't wait to do those next time.

I absolutely LOVE ToT & RnRC!!! They are 2 of my favs. I will make sure we fit those in!

The only thing I would consider doing more thinking on is the Balckot tour. It is loooong, and there are parts that for a 4 year old will be boring. Jack and I did this when he was 2.5 and there were parts that grabbed his interest, but the thing he like most was seeing the cars from the Lights Motors Action show when they drove by us preparing for their stunts... so in hindsight we would have been better off going to that show instead.

I know it's long but I really like it! ;) yeah....okay so maybe this trip isn't COMPLETELY about Caden! :lmao: If it comes down to having to give something up because of time this will probably be the first to go. We'll see what happens.

whoops I got a bit behind and missed your last two "Must" list posts...here are a few more thoughts...

EPCOT MUST Do's:
Journey Into Imagination
Captain EO
Maelstrom (Norway)
Gran Fiesta Tour (Mexico)
Innoventions Pavilions (I don't know much about these, but have heard they are a great are for kids to explore/play/learn about all sorts of stuff)
World Showcase Touring (Don't know much about what each Pavilion offers)
IllumiNations

Circle of Life

Ok I edited your list...to what I wanted to comment on:
Imagination and Captain EO....if you are short on top I'd honestly drop them down to your maybe list or just skip all together...I am not saying they are horrible and everyone should experience each thing at least once at Disney for themselves...but Imagination is just no fun anymore....:sad2: we did it w/ our kids back in 05 and then skipped till just this past Nov...it's now on our "no" list. sadly it's borring and a few parts can actually be a bit scary darkness, sound and air blowing...the orginal version was so better.

Captain EO not sure about this....it's pretty corny (and I did view it after 3 slushie drinks from Mexico and France :rolleyes1) if you have a thing for Michael then go for it otherwise skip it (sorry if that sounds harsh)

the two county boat rides are OK...Malestrom is one of my DH's fav's I'm eh about it, but do at least once if the line is short. Mexico's is campy fun w/ the catchy 3 Caberello's song playing throughout...your son may enjoy it and there usually isn't a wait.

Circel of Life has limited opperating hours...so pay attention to that...I was going to take two of kids who didn't want to do Soarin while the others went on, but of course it was closed...

My fav pavilion stops:
China the large gift shop in back...watch the breakables but have some fun puppets out in the courtyard kids can play w/ (purchase enticement) Step inside the temple too...it is beautiful :thumbsup2

Norway bakery...YUM can't go wrong in there!

USA-American Adventure is a great show...but long, we like the CS there too has a ton of inside/outside seating (we usally always sit outside)

Germany-pretzels and the Karamel Kitchen need I say more :laughing: and I bet your son would love looking at the minature train village

Morocco is very cool to look around in

Japan another great gift shop here and if your son isn't afarid of loud noises try and catch the drummers here plus everyone ravs about the "ice cream" cart something Gori...sorry the name is escaping me

Some cool kid tips besides the passports, purchase or make your own...try and take some fun shots in each country you stop in w/ him w/ a different hat on if he will makes for some fun photos!

our kids have always enjoyed the WS...have fun there is lots to see and look at. Disney isn't just all rides :goodvibes

I ditto this! we usally always give ourselves 2 days...but I like to split the park vertically and do 1/2 FW 1/2 WS on each day :thumbsup2

Time for my next list of must do attractions. Next park up on the list is Hollywood Studios!

I have only been to HS 2 times....once just a few years after it opened & once in 2006. I enjoyed the park and its attractions and wouldn't want to miss it, but it's not really one of my FAVORITE parks. KWIM?

I get it...I feel the same

One thing not on your list is the Disney Junior show (old Playhouse Disney Live)...does your son watch any of the shows? we have always enjoed this very cute show, I bet your son would love it...probably even more than little Mermaid.

I'd try and do the playset...give him a chance to run around explore and have fun try and do it early or late when it wouldn't be too crowded!

whoops I got a bit behind and missed your last two "Must" list posts...here are a few more thoughts...

Ok I edited your list...to what I wanted to comment on:
Imagination and Captain EO....if you are short on top I'd honestly drop them down to your maybe list or just skip all together...I am not saying they are horrible and everyone should experience each thing at least once at Disney for themselves...but Imagination is just no fun anymore....:sad2: we did it w/ our kids back in 05 and then skipped till just this past Nov...it's now on our "no" list. sadly it's borring and a few parts can actually be a bit scary darkness, sound and air blowing...the orginal version was so better.

Captain EO not sure about this....it's pretty corny (and I did view it after 3 slushie drinks from Mexico and France :rolleyes1) if you have a thing for Michael then go for it otherwise skip it (sorry if that sounds harsh)

the two county boat rides are OK...Malestrom is one of my DH's fav's I'm eh about it, but do at least once if the line is short. Mexico's is campy fun w/ the catchy 3 Caberello's song playing throughout...your son may enjoy it and there usually isn't a wait.

Circel of Life has limited opperating hours...so pay attention to that...I was going to take two of kids who didn't want to do Soarin while the others went on, but of course it was closed...

My fav pavilion stops:
China the large gift shop in back...watch the breakables but have some fun puppets out in the courtyard kids can play w/ (purchase enticement) Step inside the temple too...it is beautiful :thumbsup2

Norway bakery...YUM can't go wrong in there!

USA-American Adventure is a great show...but long, we like the CS there too has a ton of inside/outside seating (we usally always sit outside)

Germany-pretzels and the Karamel Kitchen need I say more :laughing: and I bet your son would love looking at the minature train village

Morocco is very cool to look around in

Japan another great gift shop here and if your son isn't afarid of loud noises try and catch the drummers here plus everyone ravs about the "ice cream" cart something Gori...sorry the name is escaping me

Some cool kid tips besides the passports, purchase or make your own...try and take some fun shots in each country you stop in w/ him w/ a different hat on if he will makes for some fun photos!

our kids have always enjoyed the WS...have fun there is lots to see and look at. Disney isn't just all rides :goodvibes

I ditto this! we usally always give ourselves 2 days...but I like to split the park vertically and do 1/2 FW 1/2 WS on each day :thumbsup2

One thing not on your list is the Disney Junior show (old Playhouse Disney Live)...does your son watch any of the shows? we have always enjoed this very cute show, I bet your son would love it...probably even more than little Mermaid.

I'd try and do the playset...give him a chance to run around explore and have fun try and do it early or late when it wouldn't be too crowded!

:thanks: for all the detailed feedback! I guess since you had so much to say I will let it slide that you were behind on posts....LOL :lmao:

None of us have ever done Journey into Imagination, but I think Figment looks so cute. I'll keep in mind that's it's just okay if we are running short on time.

I saw Captain EO when I was a kid, but barely remember it. I do have a spot for Michael though :rolleyes1 so it will definitely stay on the MUST list!

I had no idea Circle of Life had limited operating hours. I will be sure to keep my eye out for that!

OMG....what WONDERFUL suggestions for WS! WOW! I really had no idea there was so much to see. Now I get why we needs 2 days. We won't have 2 full days but will have 1 FULL day (RD to close) and another half day. The plan is to do most of the MUST do attractions (if not all) on the 1st day and tour as much of WS as we can...perhaps on the to & from our ADR's in Norway & Japan. Our 2nd day will be primarily for F&WF, more in depth WS touring, and hitting anything we missed in Future World!

I think I will try to make a PAssport for him. The more I have read about them the more I think he will enjoy it!

As for HS...I'm not really sure about Disney Junior. He watches the new Jake & the Neverland Pirates but if anything else comes on he tells me....Mommy I am too big for this....this is for babies! He does like the Little Mermaid, but to be honest... this one is kind of for me! ;) I LOVE The Little Mermaid!!! :love:

The playset is on my maybe list mostly because I probably won't include it in my touring plan, but we will use it when he needs a break from lines or just to let off some steam. I'm sure we will do it, it's just a matter of when!

Thanks again for all your feedback. I love the DIS!!!

Just a different take. The original Journey Into Imagination was great. I can't remember it because I saw it so long ago but I remember thinking it was great. :rotfl: This new one was terrible. However DD was four when we saw it and she loved it. She wanted to ride it again later in the day but thankfully she loved Soarin' more and we only had time for one. :lmao:

I'm super excited that Captain EO is back. When Michael Jackson died I looked up the Thriller video to watch. DD came in and wanted to see what I was watching. She's never been shy about scary stuff so she watched it with me and became an instant Michael Jackson fan. She went to school and told everybody about the zombie video she got to watch. We got Netflix on our PS3 last month and she was mesmerized by This Is It. Anywho, I love that she gets the chance to see Captain EO. I had even told her how Disney World used to have a 3D movie with Michael Jackson in it. I haven't told her that it's being played right now because I'm afraid they'll pull it before we get there.

I don't remember how tall your Caden is- is he going on TOT and RNRc?
If not, maybe you can take him to LM while dh rides those and them he can take them to Dis JR while you ride?

:thanks: for all the detailed feedback! I guess since you had so much to say I will let it slide that you were behind on posts....LOL :lmao:

None of us have ever done Journey into Imagination, but I think Figment looks so cute. I'll keep in mind that's it's just okay if we are running short on time.

I saw Captain EO when I was a kid, but barely remember it. I do have a spot for Michael though :rolleyes1 so it will definitely stay on the MUST list!

I had no idea Circle of Life had limited operating hours. I will be sure to keep my eye out for that!

OMG....what WONDERFUL suggestions for WS! WOW! I really had no idea there was so much to see. Now I get why we needs 2 days. We won't have 2 full days but will have 1 FULL day (RD to close) and another half day. The plan is to do most of the MUST do attractions (if not all) on the 1st day and tour as much of WS as we can...perhaps on the to & from our ADR's in Norway & Japan. Our 2nd day will be primarily for F&WF, more in depth WS touring, and hitting anything we missed in Future World!

I think I will try to make a PAssport for him. The more I have read about them the more I think he will enjoy it!

As for HS...I'm not really sure about Disney Junior. He watches the new Jake & the Neverland Pirates but if anything else comes on he tells me....Mommy I am too big for this....this is for babies! He does like the Little Mermaid, but to be honest... this one is kind of for me! ;) I LOVE The Little Mermaid!!! :love:

The playset is on my maybe list mostly because I probably won't include it in my touring plan, but we will use it when he needs a break from lines or just to let off some steam. I'm sure we will do it, it's just a matter of when!

I don't remember how tall your Caden is- is he going on TOT and RNRc?
If not, maybe you can take him to LM while dh rides those and them he can take them to Dis JR while you ride?

Caden is 42.5" right now & will likely be 44" by October. However....regardless of height we will NOT be riding ToT or RnRC! :eek: I don't think he's quite ready for either one! He could ride ToT right now but I think that might ruin him for the rest of the trip. :confused3

My grandparents and perhaps my mom will be with us on the trip. My Grandparents love ToT but not RnRC. While we are riding those they will take Caden to do other attractions...possibly Disney Junior or something else (I haven't really thought about it). I haven't started working on the actual touring plans for HS yet, just the must do lists. I will definitely keep all this in mind as I start planning our day!

Thanks again for all your help and feedback. Gives me a lot to think about for sure! :idea:

your welcome :goodvibes Oh we love the voyage little mermaid...hard thing w/ DHS is w/ all the shows it makes it hard to come up w/ a good tour plan trying to juggle the times. The black light part is best.

Just a different take. The original Journey Into Imagination was great. I can't remember it because I saw it so long ago but I remember thinking it was great. :rotfl: This new one was terrible. However DD was four when we saw it and she loved it. She wanted to ride it again later in the day but thankfully she loved Soarin' more and we only had time for one. :lmao:

I'm super excited that Captain EO is back. I haven't told her that it's being played right now because I'm afraid they'll pull it before we get there.

yes it is great to have different opinions/views of the stuff at Disney :thumbsup2 Oh yes Parla I agree the orginal was great I fondly remember it as a kid and Figment is so cute ;)

Yes I'm not sure how long EO will be shown...that is a good plan. I had fun seeing it w/ friends in Jan and I bet a few my kids would enjoy the corny humor and 3D images....just not a Must thing for us.

Looks like the only park I haven't given my MUST DO list for is Animal Kingdom.

I have only been to AK one time and that was in 2006. Expedition Everest had just opened and we waited almost 2 hours to ride. :scared1: We were only in the park for half a day so we didn't see much. We did Kilimanjaro Safari, Expedition Everest & Kali River Rapids. We also did a small amount of animal watching. AK was okay, butI'm more of a RIDE type of person than a wander around & see the sights. LOL :rotfl:

We will be spending one full day at AK...from RD until park closing (or until we have finished our must do's.

Without further adieu here is the list:

Animal Kingdom MUST DO's
Kilimanjaro Safari
Expedition Everest
It's Tough To Be a Bug
DINOSAUR
TriceraTop Spin
Finding Nemo: The Musical
Boneyard

Festival of the Lion King
Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade
Primeval Whirl

I know there are so many animals to see & observe. We will probably do a little of that, but may head back to the resort early to just chill. This will be our 4th park day of the trip and I'm sure we'll be tired by then! :upsidedow
Unless we just have an overabundance of extra time we probably aren't going to take the Wildlife Train out to Rafiki's Planet Watch...this will just be a wait & see kind of thing.

So....how does my list look? Suggestions? Comments?

Your must do's look great- you should have no problem finishing that list plus more. :thumbsup2 I have to mention though that we enjoyed FotLK MUCH more than FNtM. Nemo was basically just a retelling of the movie w/puppets while LK was an original story with fire dancers, trapeze artist, stilt walkers, breathtaking costumes and pageantry. If you only have time for one show I might rethink it. Of course everyone has their own tastes but, we LOVED FotLK. In fact Kya wants to be the ballerina bluebird when she grows up. :lovestruc

I notice that you don't have Kali River Rapids on that list. Did you not like it last time? I don't plan on riding it myself. The only ride I'm willing to get wet for is Splash Mountain.

I love the Finding Nemo show and can't wait to watch it again. We will skip Festival of the Lion King though. I don't think it lasts any longer but it just felt really long and we aren't really into shows that try to get you to shout louder than other parts of the building. It was so loud.

We haven't done Dinosaur yet and I can't wait to force the kids on it this time. The last two times I thought they were too young to try to talk into going. Neither of them wanted to. This time we've been talking about making sure we do all the things we missed on the previous trips. The same with It's Tough To Be A Bug. I didn't think either of my kids could handle it. I read so many horror stories of people having to leave because the little kids were freaking out since it feels like bugs are crawling around all over the place. We will definitely do it this time though. We have to! It's the code of doing everything we've missed! Just don't tell Kali River Rapids, I don't want to hurt it's feelings.:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!