NEWS FLASH: You must be 4YO to go to Disney! Oct '11 PTR, 10/24 WE'RE BACK! p 18

Discussion in 'Pre-Trip Reports and Plans' started by Pixiedust530, Mar 12, 2011.

1. exwdwcm

exwdwcm wishes she was Wendy Moira Angela Darling

the bucket/basket sounds cute! I still am undecided on what to do! I might do the big things- like th Minnie Mouse plush (he wanted a minnie to go with MIckey), plus the epcot passport and autograph book the first day, then the other stuff each day, that way he really plays with it and doesn't just set it aside!

your shirts turned out so great! I love them!!!!! and you got a good price on everything too. LOL at your packing list- we can all so relate to that. I need to print mine too and get started on checking off. I have stuff in bags already, but need to pack better once I have all of DH's shorts washed after this weekend. it is still warm enough here that we are wearing our shorts still on the weekends. I should be able to pack on Sunday though!!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mousescrapper

mousescrapper DIS Veteran

love the tie-die shirts Stephanie :thumbsup2 :hippie: my DD Bekah would just die to have one ;)

your packing lists seems alot like mine :laughing: good luck getting it all done!

4. Pixiedust530

Pixiedust530 DIS Veteran

Awwww....thanks! I love the way they turned out! Down to 7 now!

I had planned to just get the EPCOT Passport when we arrived, but I just sort of lucked out on my best friend going with her hubby for work.

I hope you are able to get your shirts done. :goodvibes I had every intention of ordering from Dharma, but I kept running out of time (and money) to get them ordered to be delivered in time. Plus...I was so excited to get such a great deal on the T-shirts (4 for $10 at JoAnn's) that I paid NO attention that they were 50/50 blend NOT 100% cotton. I was scared to spend the $$ on the Dharma dyes and them not turn out. I was VERY pleasantly surprised out how bright the colors were considering I used Tulip dye and 50/50 blend shirts. I did let them sit with dye for 36+ hours though! :rolleyes1

I like your idea of doing some things the first day and then the other stuff each day. Sounds cute. I actually decided NOT to put all his new T-shirts (4) in the welcome bucket but instead give them to him each day he will wear them.

Packing....UGH! :headache: I had to unpack a few things this morning because the temp today got up to 85. TOO hot for pants! I was all settled in for the cool fall weather! GRRRRR!. Oh well....hopefully I can keep it to one more small load of laundry and then finish packing.

If I had the time and dye I would totally make Bekah a shirt.....however, at this point I am going to be doing good to have the 3 of us ready to hit the road Friday night! :scared1:

Packing has become my nemesis....partially because I am packing in my walk-in closet because the trip is still a surprise for Caden! So I have to either go in the closet, do it when Caden is at his Dad's (that was LAST week) or do it once he is in bed. It's about to kill me! :headache:

5. stephielela

stephielela DIS Veteran

The shirts are great! I am thinking of doing some for Jack and me, but I will have to see if I can find the time. At Target they had a $1 book of Fall/Halloween crafts and they have good instructions inside for making some Mickey tye die shirts, so we'll see...

I love your packing list. Usually by now I have my list completed and I'm 75% packed. This time I have yet to start a list and I have 2 empty suitcases sitting in the basement...

6. Pixiedust530

Pixiedust530 DIS Veteran

Just a quick update before we leave. I had fully intended to share more before we left, but time just got away from me. We hit the road TONIGHT!!! OMG....I can't believe our trip is HERE! :cool1::cool1: :banana::banana: :dancer::dancer: This level of excitement definitely calls for some Creepy guy! :rotfl2:
    When I get home from work today I will pack the car with all of our luggage and go get the gas tank filled up. Wayne will be home with Caden around 3:30. When they get home we will take the dogs to be boarded. We'll probably grab a quick fast food dinner on the way home. We'll proceed with the night as usual and I will give Caden a bath. After bath time as I'm getting him ready for bed it will be time to SURPRISE Caden with the trip! He STILL doesn't know anything! I can't wait to see the look on his face. :goodvibes

I have a small package for him and Wayne is going to set it on the front porch and ring the doorbell. Caden and I will go out side to see what it is. The gift from Mickey will be sitting on the porch. As Caden opens the gift he will find 2 things...Mickey Mouse Halloween PJ's and a DVD. We will put the DVD in to watch. I will share the video when we return and start my TR, but it's basically 1 minute long, with a picture slideshow, Mickey's voice and my voice and the surprise of "You're going to Disney World!" I hope he is surprised. :eek:

After the BIG SURPRISE we will call his daddy so he can share his excitement. (His dad knows we are going but Caden doesn't know that). We'll put his new PJ's on for the car and hopefully be on the road by 9pm. We're driving all night but I will be running on pure adrenaline. :banana::banana:

Thank you ALL for following along with my PTR and stay tuned for my TR when we return! I might even try to make a post or 2 while we are there... We'll see! ;)

As Mickey would say... SEE YOU REAL SOON!

7. stephielela

stephielela DIS Veteran

That is an amazing surprise!!! Have a GREAT time!!!!!! Can't wait to hear all about it! :yay:

8. Pixiedust530

Pixiedust530 DIS Veteran

We returned home late Saturday night! I spent all day yesterday unpacking and doing laundry :laundy:. We had such a wonderful time and I can't wait to share it with all of you and begin my TR....but that will probably be a few days....or a week. I have over 1900 pictures...YES I said 1900....that's not a typo! :scared1: to go through from our cameras and almost 300 from PhotoPass! This could take awhile!! Haha! :lmao:

I hope you all will stick around! We had such an awesome time and I am so excited to share our experiences with you! :goodvibes

9. mousescrapper

mousescrapper DIS Veteran

welcome back Stephanie...it was a blast meeting you and your family and riding Soarin together...:goodvibes looking forward to your report too!

10. Twoboysnmygirl

Twoboysnmygirl DIS Veteran

Welcome back!!!!! I can't wait to hear all about it! Don't feel bad about the pics, our last trip I took over 3000 shots! :eek:

11. stephielela

stephielela DIS Veteran

Welcome Back!!!

12. exwdwcm

exwdwcm wishes she was Wendy Moira Angela Darling

Welcome back! I can't wait to see the video you did for him!!!

13. Pixiedust530

Pixiedust530 DIS Veteran

It was wonderful meeting you and Matt as well! We had a great time chatting and riding Soarin'. I am SOOOO behind and just haven't found the time to begin my TR...maybe later today! :goodvibes

It was good to be back sleeping in my own bed, but I am SOOOOO missing Disney and need to get back there ASAP. I'm still going through the pics. Only 900 more to go! :lmao: I did get our Photo Pass Disc and they got some GREAT pics!

Thanks....stay tuned for my TR! I swear I will start it one of these days! :rotfl2:

Oh yeah....I need to get that uploaded soon. I am so behind. Being gone for a week just put me so far behind on everything.:confused3

14. summerw

summerw Mouseketeer

Just read your thread. I hope you will do a trip report. I really enjoyed reading it. We're planning a trip around the same time next year with my son who will be 3.5 then. I hope to hear how your trip went.