Newbie Trying to Figure Out Half Board Plans

Discussion in 'Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board' started by WDW Princess 71, Dec 12, 2012.

1. WDW Princess 71

WDW Princess 71 DIS Veteran

I'm a DLRP newbie and trying to figure out how the half board meal plans work and if they are worth it for us to purchase. Do most people get them? On the dlrpmagic website with restaurant menus, with the half board plan, are you allowed to choose any starter, any entree, and any dessert off the regular menu, or are you limited to the starter, entree, and dessert choices listed in the "prix fixe" special menus? Also, do the vouchers have to be used on each day, or can you skip a day and "double up" by using 2 on another day? For example, we are planning to take the train and spend one full day in Paris so we will not be eating any meals at DLP. Would we be able to use 2 vouchers per person the next day at say, California Grill, which is not on the Plus plan, to make up the cost difference from what the Plus voucher covers and what is left over?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DLPdaft

DLPdaft <font color=royalblue>Cannot stop singing "Just li Moderator

none of the dining plans are worth doing at DLP - they are restrictive in where and what you can eat using them, and they can cost more than just paying for your meal with cash/card. They certainly don't save you anything like the 10% bandied about on the DLP website.

4. torsie24

torsie24 Mummy to a perfect princess.

Yeah, I agree. Just pay OOP for what you'd like. :)

5. MickeysFavouriteGirl

MickeysFavouriteGirl DIS Veteran

We buy the vouchers because we like to budget in advance :-)

6. DLPdaft

DLPdaft <font color=royalblue>Cannot stop singing "Just li Moderator

there are other ways of doing that though :) - you could put your meals money on a prepaid travel card and use that to pay for your meals at DLP instead.

7. adr2.8i

adr2.8i Back from the magic....and now hooked!

this is what i did in june after listening to your advice mrs.dlpdaft. :-)

i also became a shareholder so used that discount and saved hundreds of pound betweeen the 8 of us.

8. Jonjo

Jonjo Mouseketeer

As others have said the meal plans do not offer the great saving they used to. But if you do get them you can use the vouchers at their face value and use four of them for example towards a meal at the California Grill.

When I have used them in the past I've used them at their face euro value. This enables you to choose anything from the menu so your not limited to the voucher menu.

9. MickeysFavouriteGirl

MickeysFavouriteGirl DIS Veteran

Easier for me to book it all together lol

10. WDW Princess 71

WDW Princess 71 DIS Veteran

Thanks for the replies. Can anyone comment on the portion sizes of the starters and the main courses? At home we usually get a main course each and share 1 starter between us. But, the prices at the DLP restaurants are a lot higher than I expected, so I was thinking of maybe skipping the starter, or keep the starter but split and entree (is this even allowed- is there a "split charge" to do so?)

11. torsie24

torsie24 Mummy to a perfect princess.

If you're used to US portions then you'll find French ones very small.

Sharing a starter wouldn't be a problem, but I can't see places being keen on you sharing a main meal. It's not really done in Europe sadly. :(