Newbie question about DVC discounts and tickets...

Discussion in 'DVC-Mousecellaneous' started by Bertie131, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Bertie131

Bertie131 DIS Veteran

First, is there a current list somewhere of the discounts my membership will offer once I get to WDW? Second, do you usually buy your tickets directly from Disney or go somewhere like Undercover Tourist? I am a little anxious about buying somewhere other than Disney. Let me know your thoughts please. Thanks so much!:)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. JaneSparrow

JaneSparrow Mouseketeer

I just made it a habit to ask if they have discount for DVC members. I've seen a list for Disney Visa card but not for DVC.

For DVC, I only saw a list of perks on member's website.

As for tickets, we get them from Undercover Tourist via Mousesaver Newsletter. Basically, you sign up to their monthly newsletter and they send you a link to Undercover Tourist which has prices lower than going to Undercover Tourist directly.

4. lodge

lodge DIS Veteran

5. Bertie131

Bertie131 DIS Veteran

Thank you guys so much. I really appreciate it. So no one has had problems with Undercover Tourist? I have this vision of trying to get thru the park gates and the cast member saying the tickets are not valid. I assume I am overreacting? :confused3

6. erionm

erionm DIS Veteran

Undercover Tourist is an authorized Disney ticket reseller. They get the tickets directly from Disney.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

7. disneynutz

disneynutz DIS Veteran DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Yes you are, they are a authorized Disney reseller that we have used for years. Great service and their prices includes sales tax.

:earsboy: Bill

8. lions1995

lions1995 DIS Veteran

Have used UC in the past, no problem. I always scan a copy of the tickets and email them to myself. If for some reason they go MIA, I can always get the numbers ont he tickets from my email.

9. alicat07

alicat07 Mouseketeer

We've used UT for several years with no problems. We always use them, they have great prices, especially when you go through the mousesavers link!

10. k3chantal

k3chantal DIS Veteran

You will need to check with each trip what perks are current.....they do change.

My favorite right now is the Tables in Wonderland card. You buy it for $100 dollars (75 if you are an AP holder) and you receive 20% off most of the restaurants including any alcohol purchases.

11. erionm

erionm DIS Veteran

The prices for the TiW card increased on 12/1/2012 now AP Holders and DVC Members pay $100, FL Residents pay $125.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards