Newbie needs help with transportation

SarahBradshaw

Earning My Ears
We are booked for the Magic in October. We are wanting to book some excursions for our family with 2 little ones ages 3 and 5.

Regardless of if we book with Disney or book on our own, what is the transportation from the boat to the excursion? I am concerned about car seats, as our girls are very petite and still very much need their carseat.

I assume it could be taxis/buses/etc. How have others worked that out? Do you take carseats with you? That seems like a lot to keep up with!

Thanks!

The transportation is included in the excursion cost. I've never seen car seats in any of the vehicles. They are not legally required in most of the islands. The cabs, etc. are not equipped for them. Even if you bring your own, the chances are that the vehicle will not allow them to be properly installed.

Transportation can include a full sized bus, a small 12-15 passenger vehicle, etc.

On all the shore excursions we've done with various cruise lines, I've never seen a car seat. Also, some/most excursions have an age limit. Which cruise did you book, and which excursions are you considering? (just curious)

BTW, welcome to the DIS!

The transportation is included in the excursion cost. I've never seen car seats in any of the vehicles. They are not legally required in most of the islands. The cabs, etc. are not equipped for them. Even if you bring your own, the chances are that the vehicle will not allow them to be properly installed.

Transportation can include a full sized bus, a small 12-15 passenger vehicle, etc.

So, you're saying we don't need them at all. Even if we choose not to book excursions through Disney and head out on our own with a cab?

On all the shore excursions we've done with various cruise lines, I've never seen a car seat. Also, some/most excursions have an age limit. Which cruise did you book, and which excursions are you considering? (just curious)

BTW, welcome to the DIS!

Thanks for the welcome!

We are on the October 13 sailing of the Magic. My husband and I have cruised before, but this will be the first time with our daughters, 3 and 5. We are considering Boatswains in the Caymans, and the Dolphin encounter in Costa Maya.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter