Newbie here...do we need a park hopper?

When I stay on Disney property (which is always until now), I get the hopping option because I like to be in the EMH park in the morning and then go to a non-EMH park in the evening.

Staying offsite for the first time and decided to skip hopping. Worked out just fine. :)

I agree with your DH that the hopper is totally unnecessary. Some people like it. Its their money & their hopping time. I keep my money & finish touring the park where I am. On the other hand, since you can add it at any time at the same price, you can easily start without it & if you want it for some reason, you can add it then.

I am going to agree with the camp stating to go without park hoppers - especially if this is your first time. There is plenty to do in each of the parks and if you plan properly, there wont be any need to "hop" to another park because it is excessively busy.

Here are some tips for October though:

Plan now which day your going to be in each park. Take into account that Epcot may have Food & Wine going and MK will have Not So Scary Parties going on. Thus, to make the most out of your day, I would try to avoid Epcot on the weekend (if F&W is going on) and only schedule to go to MK when it does not have a MNSSP going on (unless you plan on attending).

Moreso, I would also stay away from EMH if at all possible. EMH (especially AM) drives up park attendance and without park hoppers, you wont have the luxury of enjoying them and then hopping to another park when it becomes unbearably busy.

Plus, saving that extra 140 bucks means you can spend it elsewhere. :thumbsup2

Our strategy is this. We dont park hop (but you must be careful to plan and adjust your day contingent upon the showtimes of your must do parades/shows) We do 2 at MK 2 at Epcot (1 at FW 1 at WS) and a day each at MGM and AK. This works for us and we get to see just about everything we wish to. We have never had the need to hop. personally I think it is silly, but to each his own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter