Newbie DVC Purchase Question

Discussion in 'DVC Member Services' started by tmgandolph, Jul 7, 2009.

1. tmgandolph

tmgandolph Mouseketeer

Hi all,
    My first post here at DISBoards.
    We are looking to buy into DVC and are thinking about either BLT or BCV.

BLT for the ease of getting to MK and other resorts (for holiday decoration viewing) by walking to MK bus depot with two small soon to be toddlers earning their ears.

In the past we loved the BCV feel. The main reason for that choice. Love walking distance to Epcot and a short boat ride to HS. Cape May was good for breakfast character dining but the Contemporary's Chef Mickey was good too - if not a kid mad house at times!

We plan to visit three times a year: Over July 4th weekend (would love a MK view from BLT); early Dec for decoration viewing and later in early April for the twins birthday. Of course they had to be born during Premier Season rates!

We would love any comments or links to threads I should read!
    Thanks much!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. chalee94

chalee94 <font color=green>I thought all sand was ground up

here is a good thread to read.

if you are young, a big consideration might be that BLT expires in 2060 while BCV expires in 2042.

OTOH, BCV is a smaller resort and will be generally tougher to get at the 7 month window. if you'd be happy in a lake view room at BLT, you'd generally have a better shot getting that at 7 months than getting in at BCV.

neither is a bad choice, though.

4. chalee94

chalee94 <font color=green>I thought all sand was ground up

alternatively, you could buy a contract at one (say, a resale at BCV) with enough pts to cover stays in dec and april (so you could book those at 11 months with BCV pts), and then add-on directly to get enough BLT pts to book an annual 4th of july MK view stay (and you can use those BLT pts to book that at 11 months.)

you would not be able to combine pts from the different contracts until 7 months out, if for example, you wanted to try staying at the BLT in december with your BCV pts...and it would require a little more attention to planning your point usage...but that's another idea.

5. tmgandolph

tmgandolph Mouseketeer

Thanks Charles.
    The point splitting plan sounds like a great idea.
    Hadn't thought of that...the reason I came to the board was to get ideas like this.

6. thedority5

thedority5 Ears X 5

We had the same question and just purchased our DVC last night!!

We had the intention of buying into the BC, until I spoke to my guide and here was the skinny....

BC is sold out, but they have the points avalible, so of course you can still buy into it. That said, there are NO incentives to buying into BC. You will pay the full $ 112 per point to get in with no added benefit, plus you have higher dues. So the only advantage is if you only travel to the world during peak season and need that 11 month window.

After weighing the advantages and disadvantages we bought a split contract between BLT and AKV, the incentives here were to good to pass up and we will just have to be on top of the seven month window game to stay at the BC.

For my family the savings and incentives for the other locations was a big enough benefit we changed our mind about buying into BC.

7. Sandisw

Sandisw Moderator Moderator

And, if you find that getting what you want at 7 months at BCV becomes an issue, you can always add on through resale (or direct through Disney) at a later date!

8. tmgandolph

tmgandolph Mouseketeer

Thank you to all who have helped me!

I think we will put our money into points at BLT.
    The views seem spectacular and the convenience to MK is unbeatable!

Like it was said I can always add on later but if so I will purchase BCV from the aftermarket. No reason to get it straight from Disney.