Newbie Cruiser! Advice please!

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by blairzo, Jan 14, 2013.

1. blairzo

blairzo Earning My Ears

Hello! I'd like some info on booking a Disney Cruise! :cool1:
    I turn 30 in 2014 :scared1: so I'd like to have a great vacation to celebrate!
    My "plan" is to head to Disney World from May 31-June 7 and then have them transport us to Port Canaveral for a 7 night cruise on the Fantasy in the Caribbean. It will be 2 adults and 2 children ages 6 and 4.
    So, my questions....
    1) Do you book your own cruises or have a travel agent do it?
    2) Is the transportation fairly simple from DW to Port Canveral?
    3) My DD's will be 6 and 4 at the time of the cruise. Is there enough to keep them busy and entertained?
    4) Are the islands you get off on safe?

Thank you! Any advice I can get would be helpful!:confused3

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jdb in AZ

jdb in AZ <font color=green>It could end up curdled<br><font

Have fun!

4. DynamicDisneyDuo

DynamicDisneyDuo DIS Veteran

1. Whichever way you prefer, you will pay the same price as DCL does not allow discounting (unless they are the one's doing it). TA's usually throw a little something in, like on board credit or in room gift.
    2. I've never used the Disney Transportation but the process does seem pretty straight forward. I believe the folks using it get to the port later in the afternoon.
    3. It is of course dependent on the individual child (we have none and still find plenty to do) but I would think so.
    4. As safe as most US cities, crimes and accidents are going to happen. Just be smart and you should be okay.

5. blairzo

blairzo Earning My Ears

Thank you both for your replies! I feel like a Disney World expert, but when it comes to DCL I have no idea what I'm doing! Looks like I'll be reading a lot of Dis stuff today! :rotfl2:

6. DynamicDisneyDuo

DynamicDisneyDuo DIS Veteran

We were all DCL amateurs at some point. The DIS is where my DW and I learned a lot before our first cruise. We still learn new stuff from time to time.