NEWBIE ALERT! 11 month window with separate contracts & direct purchase

Queen Nonnie

Earning My Ears
Just purchased SSR points through resale and awaiting my info from Disney. Some questions:
1. I now have 11 month window at SSR. If I buy another small contract at let’s say BWV, do I have an 11 month window there too?
2. Which one is considered my home resort?
3. I understand Disney offers resale points too. If I bought additional SSR points from them directly would I get the direct vs. resale benefits then on all of my points?
4. My daughter has a direct contract and points at BLT. For the fall of 2013we are looking at combining points for a two bedroom or maybe a tree house at SSR. I will have the 11 month window but she would have the 7 month window. Can we still combine and get my 11 month window?

Dazed and Confused by all of this!

Any resort that you bought is your home resort and can be booked at 11 months, others at 7 months.

Disney doesn't sell resale points, they sell points for older resorts. Those points would have direct sale benefits because you bought them direct. Points bought resale do not have direct benefits because they are not direct buy points.

You can't combine 11 and 7 month points for the 11 month advantage.

If any of your ideas would work, there wouldn't be any reason to have the rules in place and everyone would be doing it. Disney sets the rules up to sell more points. If you want the 11 month booking advantage, you have to buy points at that resort. We own at 5 resorts for just that reason.

:earsboy: Bill

1. I now have 11 month window at SSR. If I buy another small contract at lets say BWV, do I have an 11 month window there too?

You would have an 11 month window for the BWV points, and an 11 month window for the SSR points.

They would both be home resorts.

3. I understand Disney offers resale points too. If I bought additional SSR points from them directly would I get the direct vs. resale benefits then on all of my points?

Any purchase from Disney, no matter the resort, is a direct purchase. Any purchase from an entity other than Disney, be it an agency like TSS, or another owner, is a resale purchase and subject to the resale restrictions.

4. My daughter has a direct contract and points at BLT. For the fall of 2013we are looking at combining points for a two bedroom or maybe a tree house at SSR. I will have the 11 month window but she would have the 7 month window. Can we still combine and get my 11 month window?

No. Points always retain their home resort. If your home resort is SSR, you can book SSR at 11 months. If your daughter owns at BLT, her points can only be used to book SSR at 7 months.

1. I now have 11 month window at SSR. If I buy another small contract at lets say BWV, do I have an 11 month window there too?
Yes but only home resort points can be used 11 months out. If you want to make a reservation 11 months out, only BWV points can be used to book BWV and only SSR points can be used to book SSR. If you are booking 7 months or less from check in, any points can be used to book any resort.

You would have two home resorts. As mentioned above, just having a resort as a home resort doesn't allow you book there 11 months out. Having enough of the right points is what matters. I don't own BLT but if I had a BLT owner transfer some points to my account, I could use them to book BLT 11 months out. The points have the booking priority.

If you purchased an add-on contract at SSR directly from Disney, the points in that contract would have the direct-purchase benefits. Your original (resale) contract would not. Disney keeps track of whether a contract was purchased directly from them or not.

4. My daughter has a direct contract and points at BLT. For the fall of 2013 we are looking at combining points for a two bedroom or maybe a tree house at SSR. I will have the 11 month window but she would have the 7 month window. Can we still combine and get my 11 month window?
You could book as many nights as possible 11 months out with your SSR points. With banking and borrowing you could potentially have up to three year's worth of points to use to book your stay. (If your stay spans the end of one UY and the start of the next, you might be able to use up to four year's worth of points.) Your daughter's BLT points could be used 7 months out to add additional nights at SSR, subject to availability, which could be an issue if you want to stay in one of the tree houses but would not be a problem with a 2BR.

The purchase of small add-ons at another resort is not worth it if you do not have enough for a stay. Unless you dont mind booking at the 7 month window.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter