New York tips and discussion

Ahhh! Been trying to book Crown tickets for the Statue of Liberty for our June trip...didn't realise they sold out so far in advance :( :sad1: Is there any other way of getting them or just the official site? :sad2:

I think there is a very limited amount available on the day but I can't be 100% about that!

I'm currently in planning mode for September and wondered if you could help me with a few questions I have: :)

I've managed to whittle the hotel choices to either The Distrikt Hotel or Hampton Inn Times Square North. The Distrikt looks really modern but doesn't include breakfast and is a bit pricier than the Hampton which does include breakfast. Any recommendations? Thanks

Airport transfers - Where is the best place to book these in advance? I've been told that a limo isn't much more expensive than a taxi, is that right?

New York Pass - is this worth buying? They have $30 off at the moment, bringing the 3 day pass down to $125.

I'm currently in planning mode for September and wondered if you could help me with a few questions I have: :)

I've managed to whittle the hotel choices to either The Distrikt Hotel or Hampton Inn Times Square North. The Distrikt looks really modern but doesn't include breakfast and is a bit pricier than the Hampton which does include breakfast. Any recommendations? Thanks

Airport transfers - Where is the best place to book these in advance? I've been told that a limo isn't much more expensive than a taxi, is that right?

New York Pass - is this worth buying? They have $30 off at the moment, bringing the 3 day pass down to $125.

I personally think the pass is well worth the money. I managed to do loads with mine when I went:thumbsup2

We re-booked the Distrikt a few months ago with Hotels.com via the Quidco Cashback site (10% cashback) which effectively cost us £135/night. I say rebooked as we had originally booked back in November, also with Hotels.com, at approx £165/night but they have a price-match guarantee and when the hotel came up at a reduced rate, I rebooked with them and cancelled the original booking saving us £200.

May be worth checking this option if only to get some of your hard-earned cash saved.

For Airport Transfers, I had a look at the Trip Advisor New York forums, and they have a couple of suggested car/limo services. I checked the prices for Carmel Cars and it came out at $45 plus tolls from JFK to the Distrikt, the same price as a yellow cab.

Just booked the Tower's Club at the New York Palace for our trip this June. SO excited! Not sure we will want to leave the hotel! :goodvibes :thumbsup2

Also booked tickets for Cirque Du Soleil's new show at Radio City Music Hall :)

Booked our transfers with Dial7 yesterday evening $60 each way for a minivan that holds 5 and 5 pieces of luggage too .... More than happy with that price :cool1:

How are everybody elses plans coming on?

Got back this week after a few days out there - another great visit :thumbsup2 The weather was spectacularly hot (30 degrees) for the time of year (hotter than when I went in the middle of August!) - too hot really for a sightseeing holiday.

(We took a cab from the airport - $60 including tolls and tip).

Got back a few days ago from NY, stayed at the Palace in the Towers rooms, when we got there they had upgraded us to a two bedroom suite, happy days :banana::banana::banana:

Got back a few days ago from NY, stayed at the Palace in the Towers rooms, when we got there they had upgraded us to a two bedroom suite, happy days :banana::banana::banana:

That's awesome! We booked a standard room there back in April and we were upgraded to a cathedral view room upon arrival. I can't wait to go back next year. :love:

That's awesome! We booked a standard room there back in April and we were upgraded to a cathedral view room upon arrival. I can't wait to go back next year. :love:

If the towers isn't much more go for it, there's a good selection of food at breakfast, hot and cold, beer and soft drinks all day long and spirits in the evening with no extra charge, given the price of a drink in a bar in New York its well worth it. We asked the guy in towers if we could have a late check out and we were allowed to stay until 3pm! :)

We also over looked St Patricks and the Rocekrfeller, we could see the Times Square bill boards and as we were on a corner if we looked in the other direction on a clear day we could see the Brooklyn Bridge. When I get my photos sorted I'll post some here.

Ticket Master, Ticket Charge and Broadway.com. We've just got back from a wonderful 6 days with 6 different shows/cabaret's. Do you definitely want to see one specific show or are you just trawling for what's available?

Pam

Ticket Master, Ticket Charge and Broadway.com. We've just got back from a wonderful 6 days with 6 different shows/cabaret's. Do you definitely want to see one specific show or are you just trawling for what's available?

Pam
Thanks Pam. The Lion King was the only one we could all agree on, so LK it is. Have booked tickets so that is another tick off the list.

Well done on getting your tickets! There were so many great things on when we were there last month, I could have stayed for 6 months and not seen all I wanted. You really have to decide and pick your shows. You'll love the show.

Pam

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts