New York or Newport bay with kids

nicksinger8

Mouseketeer
Hi all

Planning to go to DLP next late July. Kids will be nearly 6 and about 3.5. I really like the look of Newport Bay and I understand it has been recently refurbished. I see New York is closer to Disney Village and the parks but a fair few people have said it looks tired.

I am leaning towards New Port Bay. I will be getting shuttles to the parks no matter what. How far is it to Disney Village on foot from NewPort Bay? I understand the shuttles go there? Do the buses get really crowded and will we have to wait for 2 or even 3 buses? That would amount to a 45 minute wait, which I think would drive the kids mad.

Any other tips or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Nick

Newport Bay is only a few minutes further than New York, I'd say around 5 minutes to the village and 10 minutes to the park. It also has (pretty much) it's own security point into the village while people staying at New York, Sequoia Lodge, Cheyenne and Santa Fe will all use pretty much the same checkpoint. Means your queues are likely to be shorter :). I wouldn't bother with the buses unless your kids are really flagging or anyone has mobility issues, they definitely take longer than walking.

I stayed in Newport Bay in February and it looks brilliant, would stay there again in a heartbeat :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter