New York departures?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by cmsb, Feb 11, 2013.

1. cmsb

cmsb Earning My Ears

We just returned from Disney World this weekend and on the bus ride to the airport the Disney video said that cruises were offered out of New York. However, I can't find any cruises that leave from New York on the website. Have they discountinued using New York as a departure port? :confused3

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

There are no NYC depatures on the current schedule. Rumors abound that any day now the itineraries for summer/fall 2014 may be released.

4. ARLENE1

ARLENE1 Earning My Ears

May just be on "old" video. The Disney Magic cruised out of New York Harbor last year in 2012 during the Summer and in to the early fall alternating between 8/Day Bahamas cruises and New England/Canada cruises. The 8/day cruise also stopped at Disney World for one day.

5. Nikisha421

Nikisha421 i'm the mom thats hoping and praying that my Disne

I sure hope they do sale out of NYC again

6. lorimay

lorimay DIS Veteran

Me too!
    I am hoping for a 7 day or longer Canada/New England cruise with actual stops thru New England.

7. Thorb73

Thorb73 Tinker, Pooh and their kids

Unfortunately, although there have been rumours, no cruises from NYC have been announced for 2014 :-(

So lets hope on 2015 :-) :thumbsup2

8. swfmco

swfmco Earning My Ears

So disappointed that DCL is skipping NYC. The choice to do Galveston and Miami multiple times over NYC baffles me.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

9. WaDiWo

WaDiWo WDWFan!

I agree. Presumably it's a business decision to keep Galveston, but to leave out NYC??? The NYC area has a huge Disney fan population, as demonstrated by the numerous transplants who move to the Orlando area. The NYC cruises by DCL were very popular. We went on one of the NYC weekend cruises (see my trip reports in my sig), and loved it!

If they do NYC again, they would have my family as instant bookers again ...

but alas we are but one family... sigh.