New Years Fantasy Ballyhoo Bash 2012-2013

Hi everyone :yay:; we are planning to book this cruise so I figured to come by and hang out 'till then.

There's three of us DW Kathy, DD Liliam (19@sailing) and Me Manny.

We haven't booked yet but very seriously planning on doing so while on board our Med Cruise this August 20th.

Also planning on celebrating my own suprise party :lmao: on the Fantasy, my 50th birthday will be on Dec 27th 2012.

So wishing very strong with my finguers crossed, eyes shut and lots of Pixie Dust to make it real. pixiedust:

Real enough to Bash a Ballyhoo....

PS: I'm all for the very formal NYE Night, probably end up renting on the ship due to lugagge restrictions on flights.

Hi everyone :yay:; we are planning to book this cruise so I figured to come by and hang out 'till then.

There's three of us DW Kathy, DD Liliam (19@sailing) and Me Manny.

We haven't booked yet but very seriously planning on doing so while on board our Med Cruise this August 20th.

Also planning on celebrating my own suprise party :lmao: on the Fantasy, my 50th birthday will be on Dec 27th 2012.

So wishing very strong with my finguers crossed, eyes shut and lots of Pixie Dust to make it real. pixiedust:

Real enough to Bash a Ballyhoo....

PS: I'm all for the very formal NYE Night, probably end up renting on the ship due to lugagge restrictions on flights.

Welcome!:dance3:

Thank you RJAYL for your welcome.

Reading carefully your first post you can put us in for the Fish Extender list.

We are in full planning mode for our Med cruise. I've seen all the threads regarding the Med cruises but any heads up is always welcome :goodvibes

But as more important is that will The Fantasy be 100% exactly as The Dream ? As I mentioned before I'll be booking this cruise while on The Magic but wanted to know "Which" stateroom to choose. Planning on going for an inside stateroom, the new portholes are quite cool :goodvibes Anyway, should I just go for what people are saying about the staterooms on The Dream ?

As far as I know, the rooms will be the same layout as the Dream. I've heard rumblings about minor changes to the public areas, but haven't heard anything about the rooms.

As far as I know, the rooms will be the same layout as the Dream. I've heard rumblings about minor changes to the public areas, but haven't heard anything about the rooms.

I agree with you. I found the stateroom report here on The Diss and at the same time I opened the Disney Dream/Fantasy Deck Plan on DCL web pg and following the steroom reports I think I figured out that anything above Deck 6 is fine regarding noise and other things with very few exeptions. So I'm going to aim to Deck 6 or 7.

Here's the link to the stateroom report here on the Diss:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruise-new/roomlist.cfm

I have so many cruises booked that I have been neglecting this thread!:sad2:

Rumor's on the Building the Fantasy thread has DCL trying to rework the pool area's! Lets hope!:banana:

I have so many cruises booked that I have been neglecting this thread!:sad2:

Rumor's on the Building the Fantasy thread has DCL trying to rework the pool area's! Lets hope!:banana:

You're mean RJAYL, I only have this year's cruise to the Med before this Fantasy NYE cruise. :goodvibes

Sorry to ask but what is wrong with the pool area on The Dream ?

You're mean RJAYL, I only have this year's cruise to the Med before this Fantasy NYE cruise. :goodvibes

Sorry to ask but what is wrong with the pool area on The Dream ?

Mostly pools could be bigger & maybe more hot tubs! (2nd hand info gleaned from reviews)

I recently read a review on a 3 day on the Dream on Cruise Critic. The poster did a 7 night on the Allure first then rented a car drove to Orlando stayed in an All Star Vacation Home rental before taking a 3 day cruise on the Dream(for free ABD bonus).
They gave the Allure a much higher rating!

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=82425

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=82426

Mostly pools could be bigger & maybe more hot tubs! (2nd hand info gleaned from reviews)

I recently read a review on a 3 day on the Dream on Cruise Critic. The poster did a 7 night on the Allure first then rented a car drove to Orlando stayed in an All Star Vacation Home rental before taking a 3 day cruise on the Dream(for free ABD bonus).
They gave the Allure a much higher rating!

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=82425

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=82426

Considering we will have three days at sea the pool area will be pretty much a crowded place, so any improvements are always welcomed. I also saw bad rating for boarding on the review, they are probably working on fixing that too.

Considering we will have three days at sea the pool area will be pretty much a crowded place, so any improvements are always welcomed. I also saw bad rating for boarding on the review, they are probably working on fixing that too.

Most of these New large ships have 2 boarding entry points, I think DCL's problem is the one point of entry into the atrium!

We just booked this cruise while on the Wonder Alaska Cruise june 28-july 5th! Can't wait to party with everyone for NYE :yay:
It'll be me and DH with our DS (will be 10) and DD (will be 6) in stateroom 8643
DH wasn't to excited about the virtual porthole (we usually get verandahs, but I convinced him it would be fun :rotfl:) we'll see if that sticks

We just booked this cruise while on the Wonder Alaska Cruise june 28-july 5th! Can't wait to party with everyone for NYE :yay:
It'll be me and DH with our DS (will be 10) and DD (will be 6) in stateroom 8643
DH wasn't to excited about the virtual porthole (we usually get verandahs, but I convinced him it would be fun :rotfl:) we'll see if that sticks

Welcome!
Since you are coming all the way from the other side of the country, hopefully you will be spending some time in 1 or more of the Orlando area theme parke before the cruise!:cool1::banana::yay::dance3::woohoo:

Cast is DW, DD (10), DD (7) DS (6) with Grandma and Grandpa in adjoining room. We love WDW but don't think we are going to be able to get to the parks on this trip.

Were all booked and looking forward to it.

Cast is DW, DD (10), DD (7) DS (6) with Grandma and Grandpa in adjoining room. We love WDW but don't think we are going to be able to get to the parks on this trip.

Welcome to this cruise buddywesley and omaha74

Looking foward of meeting you on this cruise. Although we are still throwing pixie dust considering that I´m booking while on The Magic in the Mediterranean this August. I´m aming at an inside stateroom with the virtual port hole on deck 6.

Just give me 38 more days. :cheer2:

Welcome!
Since you are coming all the way from the other side of the country, hopefully you will be spending some time in 1 or more of the Orlando area theme parke before the cruise!:cool1::banana::yay::dance3::woohoo:

Thanks :thumbsup2 I dont think we'll make it to the parks on this trip. We are DVCers and will be staying at AKV pretty much this same week this year (jan 1-7 2012). We'll do the parks then. Kids go back to school the following week always (they have 3 weeks off)

:cheer2:Well, we booked this cruise while we were on the Dream. What a great trip that was! I debated booking this because the cost was so mich higher over New Year's, but the idea of being on the ship on New Year's sounded too fabulous to resist! I'm sure a DCL New Year's will be hard to top!!

Anyway, I know it's a long way off but I'm excited for everything and I can't wait to get going on the FE gifts and all. Although this will be our 4th cruise, the last one was the first time we participated in the FE and door decorating and all and it was so much fun.

Can't wait to meet everyone and to really get going on meeting everyone. Have a great summer!

Lora

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter