New Years Eve

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Kurby, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Kurby

Kurby All the adversity I've had in my life, all my trou

Mar 4, 2007
    Has anyone gone on a New Years Eve cruise?

do they do a pirates night with fire works and have fire works at New Years?

This would be an excellent birthday, christmas, anniversary gift (for the next 5 years LOL)

did you find it the same, better or worse then a cruise any other time of year?

2. pfishgirl

pfishgirl In Loving Memory of My Son 5/6/09

Nov 27, 2001
    We did the DCL Wonder 04/05 New Years Cruise... it was awesome!!!!

They stopped the ship and waited in front of the Atlantis, gave out champaign and we all watched the Fireworks.. It was perfect.. :thumbsup2

We have cruised many different months..Dec, Jan, Feb, April, September and we have pretty much been lucky with weather and tempertures..

Bring a shall or light windbreaker and you should be fine at night..
  3. din

din <font color=009933>Former Ohio North Coast Residen

Feb 12, 2002
    We were not on the New Years eve cruise, but left that morning after our 7 day crhristmas cruise. Since it was departing on New year's eve, they had the atrium decorated, and had put up big screens. I was told it was to see the ball drop in Times Square.

I was also told that the kids had thier own new year's eve party in the clubs.
  4. Caitsmama

Caitsmama <font color=darkorchid>Closet Hannah Montana Fan!<

Apr 13, 2006
    We are cruising this year for NYE.. I am told there is a pirate night with fireworks, but as far as i know there are no ADDITIONAL fireworks for NYE itself.. but that there is multiple parties on the ship. :)
    Also, the ship is still decorated for Christmas, so i am told it is beautiful!
  5. CrusinLattas

CrusinLattas Renee - always planning the next Disney trip!

Jul 29, 2005
    We went last year and they did Pirate's night and had the parties for NYE. I don't remember fireworks on NYE but I had two little ones and we were not up that late.