New Years Eve Week

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by lthiesfeld07, Dec 1, 2012.

1. cjlvsccm

cjlvsccm DIS Veteran

Hope you make it! We've got lunch ADR at le Chefs, and dinner at Via Napoli. Will gladly join a DISmeet!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jchristie214

jchristie214 Earning My Ears

THANKS! that is something we may try!

4. zulemara

zulemara <font color=royalblue>Oh Boy! I'm a WDW sailor!<br

yes, can see the fireworks from the ferry dock quite well with good audio as well. However, 2 things:
    1. you can not ride the ferry during NYE fireworks. There are fireworks shot off from the islands in the lagoon and all watercraft traffic stops 45 min prior to fireworks until about 15 min after the conclusion of the fireworks.

2. they will close the poly beach to guests on the 31st, but not likely on the 30th. Every year the company puts out a memo about closing the beach both days and it NEVER happens on the day prior to the actual holiday. They put it out to deter people and so it propagates on the internet, but it doesn't happen.

Hope that helps, I will be watching the MK fireworks on the 30th and in EPCOT on NYE as is my usual tradition.

5. cjlvsccm

cjlvsccm DIS Veteran

Thanks for those corrections!

6. cuteduck223

cuteduck223 Mouseketeer

How flexible are your dates? We are leaving Evening of the 28th (an hour south of chicago) and will be back on the 6th. Maybe stopping in Franklin, TN overnight the 28th (our plan was to arrive late on the 29th). We are staying with friends when we arrive (Minus 12/30 at AKL) and doing candlelight on the 30th. Its the hubby, 3 year old and me. If you wanted traveling partners...

7. Jenna319

Jenna319 DIS Veteran

We are heading to the world a week from today also from Chicago (we are flying). Our (my) plan is to spend NYE in epcot. DH would much rather relax at the resort but I'm looking to people watch and party with the rest of the crazies! I would totally meet up for a dismeet! Heck I will need someone to drink with when DH walks back to the BCV for an early night in! Lol

8. zulemara

zulemara <font color=royalblue>Oh Boy! I'm a WDW sailor!<br

At the poly with friends waiting for the fireworks now. We r by the 2 swings, say hi if u think u see me! Also remember to duck when the monorail passed over in case something falls out!

9. whodini

whodini Mouseketeer

I'm in the MK and its not nearly as crazy as I expected. Still plenty of standing room inside the hub with 20 mins to go.

10. lthiesfeld07

lthiesfeld07 Mouseketeer

I wish I would have seen this! I made the decision not to go and save up for a March trip. Though, I really am regretting my decision.... :worried:

I hope everyone is having a WONDERFUL time!

11. MouseBrayden

MouseBrayden Walt Disney World YouTuber (MickeyViews), WDW Ride

Sounds like a great idea! Enjoy!