New Year New You Challenge May: And All Good Things Must Come To An End

Discussion in 'W.I.S.H' started by TigerCheer2009, Apr 30, 2006.

1. TigerCheer2009

TigerCheer2009 <font color=990099>Random dancing and Xtreme Laund

Recipe for a good challenge:
    1 month
    At least 1 pen
    1 Food Journal
    Time every day to write what you eat.

Instructions:
    Journal your food choices everyday. Work hard at it while making the best choices you can. Slip up days are allowed-who doesn't have them? Don't make them a habit, though, or this recipe will burn. Put in a place where you'll remember to write every day and do this for 31 days. Enjoy!

So-who's in?!?

TigerCheer2009 29/31
    StitchIsOur Hero 20/31
    jayna22 14/31
    bigolive9 8/31
    Debbie 0/31
    goldcupmom 29/31
    newholidayx2 25/31
    Foxfiregrrl 0/31
    chelle3807 21/31
    PRINCESS VIJA 0/31
    WDWLVR 0/30
    ohMom 0/30
    samanthacatangel 18/30
    r3ngels 0/30

[​IMG]

{IMG]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c226/jpove2009/nyny_May.jpg[/IMG} To get the clippie-change the {} to []

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. StitchIsOurHero

StitchIsOurHero <font color=red>I was smart enough to marry a DH w

I'm in on this one! This is something I try to do, but I don't always get done! Maybe this will keep me motivated! :thumbsup2

4. jayna22

jayna22 <font color=blue>BL II - Blue Team<br><font color=

I'm in on this one too! I was journaling for awhile then fell out of the habit.
    Thanks!
    jana

5. bigolive9

bigolive9 DIS Veteran

I am in. I haven't journalled my food in a while! Back to Sparkpeople for me!

6. Debbie

Debbie <font color=blue><marquee>DIScovering DIS magic</m

All righty. I've done this before, but I have not been good this month-too many stress things going on. So, add me to the list for this challenge. Thanks!

7. goldcupmom

goldcupmom <font color=black>BL6 Black Team Co-captain<br> <f

I am SO in on this one! I'll be journalling both on paper and in my 'journey back to me'. Something has GOT to start working for me!

8. newholidayx2

newholidayx2 <font color=green>Searching for the perfect tree<b

This is a great challenge! Ive been using fitday.com for just about 3-3.5 years now except when on vacations. We're home until June 30th so its a good month for a food journal challenge. Count me in! thanks

9. TigerCheer2009

Okay. I decided that I'm going to do a notebook food journal and maybe FitDay. What is Sparkpeople??

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: G-O-O-D L-UCK! Good luck WISHers!! Let's be healthy! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

10. Foxfiregrrl

Foxfiregrrl DIS Veteran

Ok. When I started this journey I journaled everything and put it in Fitday to get my totals each day. Since I started back to work though I do good to write down most of what I eat each day. Usually I forget to put in the little snacky candy junk (which is the most detrimental to the diet). I have not kept my fitday food log current in almost a month.

I am ready to get fully back on track! I will journal Everything I put into my mouth and I will log it on fitday to track my calories and fat!

Thanks for hosting this challenge! Committing to it here really helps to keep me on track!

11. chelle3807

chelle3807 Mouseketeer

I'd love to join. I really need to stay on track with keeping a journal. I hear it really helps!

12. PRINCESS VIJA

PRINCESS VIJA Viva Latvia!

This sounds like a challenge I can do! I am in!

13. WDWLVR

WDWLVR <font color=green>DVC @ The Boardwalk</font><br><f

Count me in. I do WW online and haven't been good at journalling everything. This will help keep me accountable!

14. ohMom

ohMom Kids Get Arthritis Too! Moderator

oh my heavens -- wow this is a DOOSEY for me and YES! i'm in -- i just posted on another thread i hope to lose 5 lbs this month so this is KEY!! thank you! off to add the clippie!

15. samanthacatangel

samanthacatangel <font color=blue>I am filled with useless info. To

I am new here, but I would love to join in. This is my biggest weakness (well, other than eating, lol).

Samantha

16. r3ngels

r3ngels <font color=darkorchid>I am a bit odd! But in a cu

I'm in... It is hard to do but so worth it. I find I snack with the kids without even realizing it.

Welcome Samantha :wave2:

17. TigerCheer2009

Welcome Samantha!!! WISH is a great place to be :)

Hello all new challengers. I used the Fitday thing today. I was shocked. I work around food (ice cream, sandwiches, quick foods type stuff). A shredded chicken sandwich-334 cals?! Holy cow! Next time, I think I'll pass.

Keep up the good work all!

18. jayna22

jayna22 <font color=blue>BL II - Blue Team<br><font color=

I also used fitday today. I wanted an online journal and there it was. I used 26 points and 1237 calories.

1/31
    jana

19. bigolive9

bigolive9 DIS Veteran

I am so far 1/31!

Sparkpeople is a diet website (www.sparkpeople.com) that you can join for free. You can track your food, water and exercise minutes. There are 4 "stages" that you move through, establishing healthy eating habits over time. The food traking is great because it figures the calories for you- you just enter the # of servings.
    You also enter the # of minutes of you exercise (cardio and strength) and it will figure how many calories you have burned. Then, you get to earn points for various things you do. I have been very bad about updating my stuff there, but I have to lose some weight, so I am renewing my commitment. I would go back to weight watchers, but I cannot afford it right now.

20. samanthacatangel

samanthacatangel <font color=blue>I am filled with useless info. To

Thanks for the warm welcome. This challenge is the only thing that got me back to where I should be....journaling to monitor my intake! I went back to fitday, and started there. And thank you for the link to sparkpeople, it looks like a great site. I used to go to WW but the funds are low, as we are saving for our December trip, and paying for graduate school.

Slightly OT, did anyone see Oprah today w/Dr Oz? The woman who did the 90 day makeover looked fantastic, very motivating. I am on a mission to get rid of all hydrogenated oil products now. We certainly do not have as many as were featured, but my dd is addicted to goldfish crackers, and my dh LOVES Ritz. Time to get the health food alternatives I guess. So much for saving money!

Samantha

21. chelle3807

chelle3807 Mouseketeer

I joined fitday and completed my first day.. :) I ate 1374 calories today. I guess thats a little high, but this will make me really see what I'm putting me into my body.