new wrist band questions

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by markpenske, Sep 26, 2013.

1. markpenske

markpenske Earning My Ears

Hello,
    We received the option to try the new wrist bands for our upcoming trip (with dining). I have a few questions:
    - All members of our party will recieve a band, correct?
    - There are 3 of us. If we are staying 10 night, we will get 30 tables service meals, 30 quick service meals and 30 snacks. Will there be 10 each on each band? or will all 3 of us have access to all items?
    or, will there be 10 snacks, 10 quick service and 10 table services on each band? Each band will be scanned at a table service? or will they scan one band and deduct 3 meals?
    Thanks

2. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

1. Yes. Even infants.
    2. All of you will have access to all credits from each of your bands. Just like a room key. The band will act as your room key.
    3. They will use a handheld scanner to scan one band and it will deduct the credits associated with the meals your family ordered. Be sure to check the receipt to see if they were properly deducted!

3. markpenske

markpenske Earning My Ears

Thanks.
    So, just to confirm.
    If 3 of us go to dinner.
    We order 3 meals.
    Do we each need to have our band with us? or could they scan one band and deduct 3 meals from our total?
    Thanks

4. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

It is supposed to work the same way as the key cards. So you would only need to present one for your party.

Where would you be going that you only want to take one band? The band will also be your park ticket and room entry. If you're entering a park you would need to take everyone's band because you do need each one to access park tickets, even though you won't need each one to access dining credits. Also while the bands are in testing, they have been issuing KTTW cards in addition to the bands in case the band has a problem or you need to use it for things the bands won't be ready for.