New water park...

Eddie512

Mouseketeer
I googled Volcano Bay and all I can find is a (very cool) drawing and opening date of "2017". Does anyone have more scoop? Looking for some details and can't find them!

I know that the Wet and Wild park is closing supposedly last day of this year.
When I first heard that, I figured that meant the new park would be open soon after that.
But the business for waterparks can be very limited at that time of year so maybe they'd want to wait until March or april.
I dont think anything official has come out yet and it may depend on how quickly construction takes. And then a marketing decision on when they want to do grand openings.

There is no specific date for Volcona Bay opening, but there isn't even a specific date for Reign of Kong to open and that is supposed to be this June!

There are some billboards up and progress is really coming along well.

So, Wet and Wild closes 12/31/16 and universal will transform it into Volcano Bay with an opening date sometime in 2017? Is that correct? Or is Universal opening a brand new water park at a different site?

Do the experts predict opening of VB for summer '17?

Thanks everyone!!! I love this site/forum and appreciate the responses :)

So, Wet and Wild closes 12/31/16 and universal will transform it into Volcano Bay with an opening date sometime in 2017? Is that correct? Or is Universal opening a brand new water park at a different site?

Do the experts predict opening of VB for summer '17?

Thanks everyone!!! I love this site/forum and appreciate the responses :)

Volcano Bay is not in the same location as Wet 'n Wild. Volcano Bay is adjacent to Cabana Bay Beach Resort.

http://orlandounited.com/2015/05/un...ew-water-theme-park-volcano-bay-opening-2017/

There seems to be so little info about Volcano Bay out there and what I have heard is very mixed - Any insiders hear anything?

There seems to be so little info about Volcano Bay out there and what I have heard is very mixed - Any insiders hear anything?

There is one concept art out. It is still a year before it opens and Universal rarely announces many details early.

Secondary-533.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter